Mens Tennis Forums banner

Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - ONE LAST THING TO BOTHER YOU hahah...

63K views 1K replies 80 participants last post by  Nathaliia 
#1 · (Edited)
GLAMOROUS INDIE ROCK'N'ROLL CHALLENGER

alias
KGHM EMAX POLISH INDOORS OPEN CHALLENGER ATP WROCłAW 2006

I just wanted this thread to be mine before the entry list comes. :devil: I know it should be on 17th Jan but I hope to manage to get to a pre-date exam on 18th, taking a few exercise tests in the middle so I might have no time to sleep, not even speaking about creating a thread before anybody else.

And it's my city and my challenger and it's going to be cool :yeah: And my friends from different parts of country are coming... yay... :drool:

And I should work in the press office, of course :yeah:

THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS www.kghm-atp.pl but I fear it's only in Polish
(I can give you few lessons of Polish when I have time and before the tournament starts :cool: )

#2 ·
Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - welcome to the scary movie

alright, seems like I can be here where I am until 6 p.m. CET . So it's the time for the introduction to Polish language.

It's not difficult. Just try to listen to the song Pudelsi - "Mundialeiro" and you will get everything in a minute. It's also a friendly language for the tourist, when you step outside of my dormitory, you see the shop

"FAMILIA - 24 h - ALKOHOLE"

You know that you can get everything what a student does need.
========================================================================

LESSON 1
(out of 2 I guess - depends on if you want to learn :lol: )
"Challenger vocabulary"

Halowy (Indoors) Międzynarodowy (International) Zawodowy (Professional) Turniej (Tournament) Tenisowy (of Tennis) Mężczyzn (for Men)

informacje = informations
rozgrywki = game / matches / schedule will be there etc.
zawodnicy = players
sponsorzy = i told you Polish was easy
media = see point "sponsorzy"
galeria = :cool: - guess...

do rozpoczęcia turnieju pozostało 30 dni = there are 30 days to start the tournament
Kubot triumfuje w Katarze = Kubot wins in Katar
gra pojedyncza = singles
gra podwójna = doubles
eliminacje = quallies
wyniki = scores
wyniki do druku = printable scores
plan gier = schedule
punkty i pieniądze = points and money
turniej VIP = a place where I cannot enter

meet the first family of words :yeah:
sędzia = umpire
sędziowie = umpires
sędzia liniowy = linesman
sędziowie liniowi = linesmen
sędzina liniowa = lineswoman (some say "sędzia liniowa")
sędziny liniowe = lineswomen (here you can't say "sędzie liniowe")

#3 ·

LOL - thanks for the lessons Nathi :hug: When I've ever been in Poland I've found reading the language relatively easy - but pronouncing it is a complete nightmare :unsure: Enjoy your Challenger!

#4 ·

And I'll be on the challenger too, which means it's going to be interesting no matter what :p And it will be even more interesting if I see Koellerer and knock him down on court (Nathaliia will have a story to write about ;))
I only hope for lots of Czechs :lol: A Spaniard would do, too, but that's too much to dream of.
Right now I'm as busy as hell to have everything done before the tournament starts.

ps. Nathii, nice lessons. Just one thing... you don't say "informations" but "information" ;) sorry... :awww: blame it on my job...

#5 ·

kataanna said:
ps. Nathii, nice lessons. Just one thing... you don't say "informations" but "information" ;) sorry... :awww: blame it on my job...
:ras:

i have just passed the first part of quallification to the History of Philosophical and Political Theories pre-date (next Wednesday :scared: ) with the highest grade (it means I'm into the next step of selection)
so who's the boss :cool: ? ;)

Of course I must stand on my head but get to this pre-date and pass it cause....... then I wouldn't have to struggle against it during the event :rolleyes:

and besides this exam is famous of being very very difficult, while the professor doesn't even hide how spiteful he is :rolleyes: there's nothing easier than to fail it, even if you're well prepared.
(Prof. Maciejewski: "Prof. Adamiak /very very famous lady/ said I was the biggest bastard at this faculty. Well, maybe she wasn't too far from the truth, but I still think she is worse even than me")

And as about Spaniards, who knows, Albert Costa signed into some European indoors entry lists :shrug:

#6 ·

Rosie :wavey:

================
Lesson 2 = PRONOUNCIATION !!!

It is very difficult, but let's help Rosie read signs when she visits us again.

Wrocław = Vrotsuav ;)
wódka (means: vodka) = voodka
piwo (means: beer) = pivo

How to say "Dzień dobry" (good morning) and "Kocham cię" (I love you) it's good to hear the song by Strachy na Lachy with the title: "Dzień dobry, kocham cię" (very original title but the song is good).
:yeah: :bigwave:

#7 ·

"Dzień dobry, kocham cię"
Mmmmm one of my favourites lately ;)

Costa wouldn't be bad at all :D Unless he bumps into Olej in the 1st round ;) (Let's assume he gets through the quallies). I was hoping for David Marrero, but 1) I'm not sure about his rank and Wroclaw's cut off 2) There's a ch. in Italy in the same week
Perhaps Ferrero will come if he keeps losing like today :p (very bad joke ;))
BUT I'd love to see Alex Corretja :)
Ok, now that I've woken up, I'll get to checking who really can come :p

Btw. I'm so tired today after the weekend that my eyes are watering and I don't know how am I going to go on... I can't write at nights, 'cos at work I have to be at least half-conscious :rolleyes: How I miss being only a student... partying at night, sleeping on lectures and still being able to pass the exams :hysteric:

#8 ·

nathaliia :yeah:

I had a friend born in poland with whom I used to jam in a music band. He tried to learn me polish but I'm afraid to say that I don't even remember one word :eek:

So you'll have to be patient with some of your students...I've decided to learn one word per week. Today I focuse on "alkohole" :)

#9 · (Edited)

Hello :wavey: Kasia :wavey: Pixie :bigwave:
========================
NEWS FROM THE BACKGROUND :
The press conference about the tournament will be on 19th January at 11 a.m. in Warsaw and at 7 p.m. in Wrocław - in the club "Związki" (związki = relationships). I am planning my future from one hour to another, but the most likely I will be there. As about Kasia and Emilia's stay in Wrocław, I've heard they found something in the center. It's far from the courts, but close to all the clubs.

LESSON 3
To make Pixie's life easier, let's point at some nice things today.
And let's use the numbers, too.
For today's lesson I invited a cool umpire, Mister Mo Lahyani.

Nathaliia: So, what do you think of Poland?
Mo Lahyani: Trzydzieści - czterdzieści (30-40)

*on the court* (na korcie)
zero - piętnaście = 0-15
przewaga Przysiężny = advantage Przysiężny
równowaga = deuce
gem = game
nowe piłki = new balls

*in the pub* (w pubie)
Ile kosztuje duże piwo? = How much is the big beer?
Sześć złotych = 6 PLN (= 1,40 Euro)
Poproszę małe piwo = Small beer please.
Tyskie? Warka? Lech? = (you may here from the barman - he names the brands of beer he has)
Trzy pięćdziesiąt = 3,50 PLN.

*At the disco* (na dyskotece; disco = dyskoteka)
Czy pójdziesz ze mną do łóżka... = Voulez-vous couche avec moi...
...dziś wieczorem? = ce soir?
(you may hear:)
Odpierdol się, bo zawołam policję / ochronę / mojego chłopaka = Piss off, or I'll call the police / the security / my boyfriend.

*in Wrocław* (we Wrocławiu)
miasto tysiąca mostów = city of a thousand bridges
pocałuję cię sto razy jeśli wygrasz turniej = I'll kiss you a hundred times if you win the tournament
w mojej książce jest dziewięć milionów konserwatystów = there are nine million conservatives in my book
kościół = church
tu jest dużo kościołów = there are many churches in here
Hala Ludowa = People's Hall (gonna be signed to UNESCO soon) : the matches will be there
Hala AZS = place for quallies and some main draw matches
Hala Madrid = uhmmm Real Madrid fans only (not for me)
akademik = dormitory
Dzień dobry, czy jest Nathaliia? - good morning, is Nathaliia there?
totalny kataklizm = me and my younger cousin Bartek

#10 ·
Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - lessons of Polish language included

:lol:

just a detail : voulez-vous coucher avec moi

apart from the disco (I got a girlfriend), everything I needed :yeah:
It's now time to find money and time to go to poland...

#12 ·

Pixie said:
:lol:

just a detail : voulez-vous coucher avec moi

apart from the disco (I got a girlfriend), everything I needed :yeah:
It's now time to find money and time to go to poland...
awww I guess I need lessons of written French. I was only hearing that from the French guys, nobody really wrote it to me on the card :tape:

girlfriend = dziewczyna
pieniądze = money
Polska = Poland
detal, szczegół = detail
wszystko = everything
czas = time

;)

#13 ·

pete25 said:
No news about Younes playing here ?
I'm pissed. I can't find info about his plans for the coming weeks especially after his great win against Grosjean in Doha.
Please help.
Hi Pete,
As you know I was having quite a long conversation with Younes in Aachen and, which was obvious, one my first questions was if he was planning to come to Poland and suggested Wrocław as it's my city.
He said he would love to come and he was seriously thinking about it, if there was no Davis Cup at this time.
But an experienced player always says to journalists what they want to hear. It's definitely the biggest event of week 6... so, let's see. Maybe he can make a direct entry.

As about the Wild Cards, from what I know all will be given to Polish players (it's organizatiors' will) but I believe it won't be like this and we'll have at least one real deal star and Younes can be one.
(or Costa will really sign in and they will be 100% satisfied... then :rolleyes: not that I have smth to Costa - no, I like him a lot... but I though maybe someone from top 30 :confused: )

#14 ·

I'll sign up for this course, if there's still a place left for one more hard-working (I promise :angel: ) student? :D

I've taken the first three lessons now and my first impression of Polish language is very good. I can already say that I like it. My two favourite words so far are przewaga and pieniądze (don't know why, maybe cause they sound like Finnish words). Hopefully I can speak a few sentences in Polish after these lessons. :)

And Nathii, I liked the picture you had before 'Brazil' much much more... ;)

#15 ·

maitosuklaa.

Before Brazil i had "Vamos Argentina" but I guess you didn't mean that one ;)
I'm happy to see you online again, I thought you're very busy at uni and without time for posting. It's more or less just like me, but when you must look up to Jarkko, I must look up to my challenger.

Henna (my friend from Savonlinna) says her favourite word in Polish is "OKNO" (window). She was also astonished to hear the way Wrocław should be pronounced, and her faith thought-to-be-right pronounciation of "Małysz" was destroyed.

Adam Małysz = Adam Mauysh (should sound like this) not Adam Malyz !!!!

#16 ·

LOL Nathii your lessons are awesome :D I'm starting to regret that I already know Polish :lol: And Mo :worship:

Wish I could go to the press conference (got an official notice about 2 hours after I sent the accreditation form ;) ) but I have to be at work... and I don't think there will be another conference in the first week of February...

And I'd love to see Younes... I wanna have a crazy photo with him :p Guess what... Tabara will be here for 95% (not difficult to guess :lol:)

Btw. the thing about the clubs... :yeah: at least Emilia and me won't get lost sometime in the early morning :angel:

ps. anybody to teach me Swedish? ;)

#17 ·

kataanna said:
and I don't think there will be another conference in the first week of February...
Maybe official introducing the wild cards? I've heard all will go to the Poles, but they counted Matka and Fryta, and boys should be in South America that time!
After the new people came to the factory KGHM, many things changed at the challenger this year, too. They really should invite someone famous and on fire.

kataanna said:
Guess what... Tabara will be here for 95% (not difficult to guess :lol:)
D. told you or you're guessing? Yeah I think he'll be here. Unfortunately, Gaba is seriously injured. :sad: He won't come. And he's entertaining to watch (far more than Tabara for instance).

kataanna said:
Btw. the thing about the clubs... :yeah: at least Emilia and me won't get lost sometime in the early morning :angel:
Hahaha... so long only "Daytona" is opened I guess! I fear we'll be forced to land up in "Daytona" one day (one night :lol: ). It's the market square. Near your place there' a Milkhouse Cafe ("Mleczarnia" :p) - the best hot choco in Wrocław and they don't cheat on vodka in drinks. It's difficult to get a place there but I swear to take you there at least once (unless you prefered "Daytona" or "Związki" for obvious reasons).

kataanna said:
ps. anybody to teach me Swedish? ;)
I think some Swedes should come :shrug: They always come. But this year the one who should come most of all, has got a terrible rank. No chance he'll be on the list.

#18 ·

LESSON 4 - "Showing emotion"

I gave you some time for learning things above, now is the time for a new lesson, as the entry list comes out on Tuesday and you must make up your mind if you stay together with us and the beautiful language.

grammar
we have 3 genders (?)
masculinum (m) in singular usually ends with -i or -y
femininum (f) in singular usually ends with -a
neutrum (n) in singular usually ends with -e

Positive Emotion
Kocham cię = I love you (you already know this one!)
Lubię cię = I like you
Jesteś fajny / fajna (/ fajne) = you're cool
Jesteś słodki / słodka = you're sweet
Jesteś zabawny / zabawna = you're funny
Wyjdziesz za mnie? = Will you marry me (a guy to a girl)
Ożenisz się ze mną? = Will you marry me (a girl to a guy)
Pocałuj mnie = kiss me

Negative Emotion
Nie lubię cię = I don't like you.
Nienawidzę cię = I hate you.
Spadaj = get lost
Spierdalaj = more demanding way of saying get lost
Jesteś głupi / głupia = you're stupid
Jesteś nienormalny / nienormalna = you're not normal
Pocałuj mnie w dupę = kiss my ass

#19 ·

ENTRY LIST:

Ascione, ThierryFRA93
Lisnard, Jean-ReneMON109
Burgsmuller, LarsGER143
Mahut, NicolasFRA134
Dlouhy, LukasCZE96
Marach, OliverAUT125
Dupuis, AntonyFRA151
Minar, IvoCZE102
Gicquel, MarcFRA114
Navarro Pastor, IvanESP136
Hernych, JanCZE90
Norman, DickBEL104
Koellerer, DanielAUT147
Schuettler, RainerGER87
Kohlschreiber, PhilippGER79
Simon, GillesFRA123
Kubot, LukaszPOL144
Vanek, JiriCZE97
Kunitsyn, IgorRUS128
Vik, RobinCZE58
Labadze, IrakliGEO142
Zib, TomasCZE70

FIRST POSITIONS FROM ALT LIST:

Pless
Darcis
Benneteau
Cakl
Stakhovsky
Tabara
Snobel
Chadaj
Guez
Masson

#20 ·
Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - WE HAVE ENTRY LIST (and it sucks for a big challenger)

it's ridiculous a challenger like this has this kind of line-up :rolleyes:
no one who can really interest me...

and my honey not on the alt list...

and i didn't get to the pre-date exam :sobbing: (nobody did, btw out of these 6 people left)

#21 ·
Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - WE HAVE ENTRY LIST (and it sucks for a big challenger)

oh, don't get me wrong, i think Koellerer and Labadze will be really the people "ones to watch" - if Labadze doesn't withdraw. Many things are to appreciate this guy for and I don't know if I should write them in public, even knowing he doesn't bother people watching him.

I think the most characteristic for Labadze in Wrocław was being disqualified for .... giving a solid beat to the chair umpire :scared:

#23 ·

Nathaliia said:
it's ridiculous a challenger like this has this kind of line-up :rolleyes:
no one who can really interest me...

and my honey not on the alt list...

and i didn't get to the pre-date exam :sobbing: (nobody did, btw out of these 6 people left)
Who is your honey?

I think you'll like Kohlschreiber and Hernych ;) Very polite, nice guys.

#24 ·

OK LET's PUT IT IN ORDER THE ENTRY LIST!

1. Vik, Robin CZE 58
2. Zib, Tomas CZE 70
3. Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 79
4. Schuettler, Rainer GER 87
5. Hernych, Jan CZE 90
6. Ascione, Thierry FRA 93
7. Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 96
8. Vanek, Jiri CZE 97
9. Minar, Ivo CZE 102
10. Norman, Dick BEL 104
11. Lisnard, Jean-Rene MON 109
12. Gicquel, Marc FRA 114
13. Simon, Gilles FRA 123
14. Marach, Oliver AUT 125
15. Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 128
16. Mahut, Nicolas FRA 134
17. Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 136
18. Labadze, Irakli GEO 142
19. Burgsmuller, Lars GER 143
20. Kubot, Lukasz POL 144
21. Koellerer, Daniel AUT 147
22. Dupuis, Antony FRA 151
23. (SE)
24. (SE)
25. (WC)
26. (WC)
27. (WC)
28. (WC)
29. (Q)
30. (Q)
31. (Q)
32. (Q)

ALTERNATES

1. Pless, Kristian DEN 154
2. Darcis, Steve BEL 160
3. Benneteau, Julien FRA 162
4. Cakl, Tomas CZE 178
5. Stakhovsky, Sergiy UKR 183
6. Tabara, Michal CZE 201
7. Snobel, Pavel CZE 217
8. Chadaj, Adam POL 219
9. Guez, David FRA 223
10. Masson, Jeroen BEL 230
11. Vico, Uros ITA 233
12. Lorenzi, Paolo ITA 245
13. Wauters, Stefan BEL 246
14. De Chaunac, Sebastien FRA 251
15. Uebel, Lars GER 252

#25 ·

CooCooCachoo said:
Who is your honey?

I think you'll like Kohlschreiber and Hernych ;) Very polite, nice guys.
I'm not answering questions about my honey, we have "the quiet days" :haha:

Yeah Hernych is very cool... I saw him in 2003. And I had a picture with him after the final... he lost then but still was very nice for me...
Kohlschreiber was in Sopot this year, but I didn't remember anything good about him as Phillip with Jaroslav Levinsky got some bagel from Matka and Fryta playing in the rain :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.