Mens Tennis Forums banner

What's your most profitable sport to bet on..?

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Nitefaery 
#1 ·
I've seen a couple of you guys mention in threads that sport x or sport y is one of your most profitable ect and often wondered which was the best..

So I'd like to hear the sport you've had the most success with ..

#6 ·
good_gambler said:
I would have to say NBL. :) :
Yeah, I only really started having a bet in the last year or so but rarely looked at the NBL .. However for obvious reasons Good Gambler, I reckon I might do ok this season particularly on games involving the Taipans ;) ..

I'll gladly pass on the good oil via this forum on how the Snakes are looking ahead of their matches this season ..

#7 ·
bossboss said:
My most Profitable sport is WNBA by far ..
my 2 Worst sports Tennis & AFL .. but i keep betting on them .. ( I think it is more of a staking problem)

In Between .. i had good runs with NBA
Interesting you mention AFL, bb .. I rarely play it but find tipping winners each week (in the tipping comp) far easier than the NRL .. If I get below 5 out of 8 it's disappointing ..

I think if I've learnt one thing with regards to betting on AFL and NRL it's to leave margins and lines alone and stick to ML ..

#8 ·
Tennis is my main sport...and I earn a slight profit. That said, I'm starting to find the fine line between the right number of bets to place and a good way to stake. Hopefully I can finish the year on a high and take it into 2007 :yeah:

I also make the odd appearance in snooker and F1...F1 has been quite good to me this year.

I am aiming to branch out a little in the next month or so...I might target the English Premiership and I'd like to learn a lot about NBA :p

#10 ·
Mr Flamboyant said:
Yeah, I only really started having a bet in the last year or so but rarely looked at the NBL .. However for obvious reasons Good Gambler, I reckon I might do ok this season particularly on games involving the Taipans ;) ..

I'll gladly pass on the good oil via this forum on how the Snakes are looking ahead of their matches this season ..
Thanks Mr Flamboyant. :)
I look forward to it. :bounce:

Taipans don't look too bad this season.
Good luck too you. :)

#12 ·
Mr Flamboyant said:
Interesting you mention AFL, bb .. I rarely play it but find tipping winners each week (in the tipping comp) far easier than the NRL .. If I get below 5 out of 8 it's disappointing ..

I think if I've learnt one thing with regards to betting on AFL and NRL it's to leave margins and lines alone and stick to ML ..
let's assume you bet equal stakes on 8 games per week ML.. and you win 5 of them .. odds around 1.5 .. you will end up losing .. as most favorites are around 1.2-1.4 anyway ..
to make real profit you need to play Lines . My problem is more of staking problem. and i don't play all games ..that is why is it one of my worst betting sports

#15 ·
Last 10 years my big 3 have been :

*NHL

*NBL

*Golf

Not a coincidence that they are not big betting sports.......the bigger the turnover on a sport the closer books follow it. Lower tier sports books can be more vulnerable.
However with that said there are exceptions, for example look at the World Basketball champs this year, basketball is a huge turnover sport. In the first week alot of those lines were way off. Due to the books really finding it tough to find out info on the lessor teams.
Always remmember where lines are instigated in this case the USA.....would u trust a USA book setting lines on Australia v Brazil ?

#19 ·
Tennis and college basketball have been good to me. I get real lucky in tennis some tournaments and clean house, other than those select tournaments I usually end up losing most tennis bets through the year. College football was doing great for me untill Lousiville sucked today!:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.