Mens Tennis Forums banner

Commentary at its finest

405K views 3K replies 697 participants last post by  Burrow 
#1 ·
Post any noteworthy pieces of commentary that you wish to share.

#2,567 ·
[WTF RR 2012, Rob and Goodall discussing the body structures of Djokovic and Murray]

Goodall: What about on the beach, Robbie? Who do you give the nod to?
Koenig: Then I got to give it to Murray... he's looking a little more buffed. Bigger upper body.
Goodall: Is that what does it for you?
Koenig: ...I-I'm not answering that.

#2,570 ·
Andrew Castle "Almagro is a different class of player from Stepanek"

I totally disagree with this. Just because there are plenty of clay court tournaments for Almagro to clean up doesn't make him a different class of player. At least Stepanek has made 2 TMS finals.

#2,571 ·
Berdych talking to his girlfiend Ester.

Nick Lester says "Is she asking is this done yet, can we go on holidays" in a girlish voice.

#2,572 ·
Just a little vent about some Aussie commentating (note, NOT exact quotes):

Ben Mitchell's first go at the main tour is tonight (played Brisbane and AO main draws this year)
Djokovic won the 3rd set easily against Nadal in the final of Miami 2011 (7-4 in the breaker)
Matosevic hasn't been challenged on serve since the opening game (was broken in the 5th game)

Surely many more doozies to come as those came quickly. I know I make mistakes too but MTF posting isn't my job. Can't wait for Jim Courier.

#2,575 ·
:lol:

I was watching Hewitt/Guccione v Butorac/Hanley yesterday afternoon, it was 90% Hewitt banter and they seemed reluctant to acknowledge Hanley as an Australian that viewers might also be interested in :lol:

I hope Hewitt does retire soon because he's actually a really good commentator :shrug:

#2,577 ·
Barry Cowan "Bolelli will finish the end of 2013 as the number 1 Italian". Goodall was far from impressed, in fact contemptous of the call.

Goodall: "I always bet on the safe money".
Cowan: "That's why you are up there in the warm commentary box and I'm stuck outside".

Koenig was outraged as well.

#2,579 ·
Wilander:

"The longer you keep Djokovic out there, the more chance you have of turning the match around. Or there might be an injury."

Said it completely seriously, without any hint that he might be joking.

Basically, it might be a good idea to just push until Nole pulls a muscle.

#2,581 ·
In the Hewitt Tipsarevic match right after the serbian hits a flat backhand winner, the romanian commentator on ES tried to appear more smart than he actually is and stated that Tipsarevic hit " a perfect topless ball".

#2,587 ·
I remember during the Australian Open a few years ago Wilander said something like "Wawrinka has the best one-handed backhand I've ever seen" and then a few days later during a match he got asked who he thought had the best one handed backhand in the game and replying Gasquet. :eek:

Was something similar to that but still what the fuck?

#2,595 ·
Proof that he reads MTF. He's probably pusher for life :shrug: :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.