Mens Tennis Forums banner

Canadian Doubles

21K views 86 replies 16 participants last post by  Snowwy 
#1 ·
We have one of the best doubles players of all time - Daniel Nestor. Also, Adil Shamasdin has been doing really well over the past year (including one tour title). Lets discuss Canadian doubles results here.

#58 ·
It's cool that you say that after they already won. They've won and they still have a 35% chance to lose, that's interesting. I'll forgive you though, you probably don't get a lot of canadian mens doubles coverage in Norway

#60 ·
canadian interest in tennis anyway comes to and end..for now

im not sure if a team actually qualified to played mixed doubles but its probably better for dan if they didnt because neither aleks or stephanie would be able to help him out at all, he'd basically have to play by himself out there.

#65 ·
I don't know where Nestor found the energy to win a 15-13 set against Italy today. He's still experiencing new things after more than twenty years on tour. His first Davis Cup quarterfinal is certainly a memorable one. He won a World Group doubles match before, but that was when his opponents retired, and Canada ended up losing the tie (Nestor-Niemeyer d. Verkerk-Haarhuis 7-6, 1-0 ret. in 2004).

#75 ·
Another doubles title for Vasek, this time with Zimonjic. Interesting to see Nestor playing with someone other than Nenad this week; I thought they would at least finish the season together. In Paris, Nestor is playing with Bopanna again and Pospisil is playing with Sock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.