Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vasek Pospisil

268K views 3K replies 111 participants last post by  Brad1973 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,489 ·
Both players played well in set 1, in set 2 Donskoy's level totally dropped off and Vasek's stayed the same.

I like his chances vs. Isner considering he's beaten him indoors before, I'm really liking the way he looked out there, best he's ever looked IMO, new coach seems to have done wonders for his game, should be back in the top 100 in no time, he's certainly back at that level, future looks very bright again.

#1,505 ·
Yeah, must be the up and down energy levels he must have, recovering from mono; cause he looked good against Frank in a close loss, and in beating Donskoy (at least judging from the score, stats lines). Guess for DC you go with Frank and Jesse, along with Daniel and Milos, in case he has a low energy day (and where Frank and Jesse are both solid doubles players, better singles players now). But that's still over a month away.

#1,510 ·
Rainer Schuettler is one of my favourite players and his mono was not diagnosed for several months while he played. during that period of time, he was OK for a week or two and no energy at all the other. At that time, mono was that well known among players. Even he had a minor case, it still took months after the diagnosis for him to get back close to his previous energy level.

So I was surprised that Vasek was back to play in such a short time and not surprised he played well for a week or 2 and then badly in the next.

#1,518 · (Edited)
Pospisil can qualify for this, the question is what form will he be in, he did not get one of the better players in his draw, he can beat all the guys there, I'd say maybe the only player he would have a hard time beating right now would be Gulbis, possibly Brands, he's one of the best players in the qualy draw, Rycka or Williams should not be too hard even though Williams in good form, Rycka's coming off a bad loss to ERV, so he's beatable, Rhyne will probably beat Rycka.

#1,519 ·
Tough draw, espeically for a guy who's not in form. He should beat Authom, though Authom can play decent tennis at times. Don't see him beating either or Berankis or Williams though. He's have a better shot at Williams but I don't see it happening, best chance is to hope for a lot of seeds to lose round 1 and all seeds that make round 2 to win and he'll be first LL :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.