Mens Tennis Forums banner

London WTF 2012 RR: Federer def. Ferrer 64 76(5)

11K views 131 replies 81 participants last post by  Orka_n 
#1 ·
Good serving when it mattered in the end.

#3 ·
bad match but result was NID

#70 ·
This.Feddy Daddy to pay the price to Mandy The Terrible.

#7 ·
horrible match, expected result.

#19 ·
It's not in his hands anyway; if Del Potro beats Tipsy in 2 and beats Federer (which he might especially considering Federer is already qualified and will have a semi hours later so might want to preserve his aging body), he will qualify regardless of what Ferrer does.

#10 ·
Bad match from Roger, horrible serving in the first set, some horrendus BHs throught the match, footwork in a major decline. Other than that it's nice to see 30% GOAT is still enough to beat a top form Vulture.

#11 ·
NID.

Ferrer needed two things to make this match a contest: the flexibility/weaponary in his game and the champion mentality to overcome a bad matchup. He possesses neither, which is why he will never beat Federer no matter how horrible Federer might play.

#99 ·
0 aces and 5 double faults indoors illustrates again that the Ferrer serve, at the very highest level, is a liability.

If Ferrer had a serve like the top 4, he probably would have won a GS.

Mentally, Ferrer probably lost this match before it started. However, Ferrer more of a challenge than when Federer was at his peak. In the 2007 year end final Federer won 6-2, 6-3, 6-2.

#13 ·
Yeah, well, that's what really great players do...

No real disappointment here, except for a couple of minutes in the second set TB, I never had the impression that David could beat Roger. Roger is just too good, and too immune to his game, even when he's not playing very well.

I guess it's already a relatively good result that he lost with a decent score, no double-breaks, no bagels, no breadsticks, and one tie-break :shrug:

It's too bad that I've gotten tired of Roger over the years, his tennis is so amazing, even when it's shaky like today.

#32 ·
Seriously, stop complaining that this match in particular was horrible.

It's not like the other "top players" have been playing well since the beginning of this Masters (or even during Bercy)! Horrible performances all around (mostly). The only good match I've seen was DelPo vs Ferrer and even this one was sometimes terrible.

So this one wasn't any worse than the others, and no, given their current form, I'm really not convinced that any of the others would have routed Fed.

#17 ·
Fed very very sloppy today. I still have this weird feeling that his back is not feeling well because he is missing so many serves and was sloppy on the backhand and off the high forehands too. I just feel like he is not staying low enough on many of his shots and not extended up to the serve.

#24 ·
People saying it was a horrible match. Yes, in terms of consistency it was. Assuming the result was NID, Roger played some brilliant tennis at times. I hope he doesn't bring on the consistency until the semis and to be fair, I am not sure if Djokovic would be tougher than Muzz for Fed.

#26 ·
Very expected result. Feel a bit for Ferrer, he doesn't believe in himself enough. Especially not vs Federer (or Nadal on clay).

Roger rolls on. Now win against Delpo as well please. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.