Mens Tennis Forums banner

Your Childhood

2K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Tulipe 
#1 · (Edited)
Do you have any embarrassing or plain crap memories of your childhood, that you don't mind sharing? If so, how have they affected you into adulthood, if at all?

How about some good memories?

A bad memory - As an 8 year old I got invited to some girl's birthday party, only to be told to get lost at the door. Haven't been able to pucker up the guts go to another party hosted by a female since. True story.

A good memory - Got a football driven straight into my bazookas once. Everyone had a hearty chuckle.. always nice to make other's smile.. good times. I'm yet to find out if this has affected my adulthood. I'll update when I decide to have kids.

#2 ·
Re: Childhood epicness + crapness

I almost drowned in a pool when I was like 11 because chlorine got into my eyes and I couldn't see anything, and got disoriented. That's probably my worst memory. That and also letting this one punk kid I threw lunch food at basically get a free swing and hit me in the face in front of the entire class because I heard he had a knife on him. I wanted to go after him, but decided not to die at 13 years old over petty shit. And yes, I still remember that, it doesn't affect me, but I want to fuck that kid up.

#3 ·

The best moment was when I called a teacher I hated a fat bitch in class when I was in 8th grade and everyone started laughing and was doing the gasping noise when they're in shock. That makes me smile to this day.

Also, another time I threw this kid's lunch box out the window when he left to go to the bathroom during science class. I didn't want to do it, and was basically peer-pressured into it, but it was totally worth it. I didn't even get in trouble for doing it.

#4 ·

I was 13 years old in a school cafeteria when I felt a person in line behind me pouring chocolate milk down my shirt. On pure instinct I elbowed hard. Turns out it was an annoying fat bitch I had an argument earlier in the day and she was trying to get back at me. The amount of blood that was spurting from her nose was simply epic(it wasn't broken or anything, just really weak blood vessels, as it turned out) and some other girls were screaming etc.

Obviously the principal didn't believe me that I didn't do this on purpose and said that the incident was "one of the worst cases of brutality he'd ever seen". Got suspended for 5 days for this. Downside was getting suspended obviously, but spending a week alone with parents @ work the whole day was fucking epic. Video games all day :D

#6 ·

I was 13 years old in a school cafeteria when I felt a person in line behind me pouring chocolate milk down my shirt. On pure instinct I elbowed hard. Turns out it was an annoying fat bitch I had an argument earlier in the day and she was trying to get back at me. The amount of blood that was spurting from her nose was simply epic(it wasn't broken or anything, just really weak blood vessels, as it turned out) and some other girls were screaming etc.

Obviously the principal didn't believe me that I didn't do this on purpose and said that the incident was "one of the worst cases of brutality he'd ever seen". Got suspended for 5 days for this. Downside was getting suspended obviously, but spending a week alone with parents @ work the whole day was fucking epic. Video games all day :D
Wow, so your douche qualities began when you were young and stuck with you threw life. I guess it makes sense.

#5 ·

Oh, and yeah, before I forget, another epic moment was when I was 17 so a little past childhood but anyway, at a party, and made out with this guy, and a few girls saw us and were all like, basically staring, I think in awe, and I don't know if they knew I knew they were there but I felt them instinctively. It's funny since by 17 I was totally out so I don't know if they were surprised since I never actually declared myself as gay but I definitely wasn't playing straight in any way, never had a girlfriend, and everyone would ask if I were gay so........yeah, anyway, this girl Molly, I'll never forget, she was like "OMG, you guys were totally making out!!!111!" and basically she was all giddy and shit, like hyper, she seemed to enjoy it. That was fun, puts a smile on my face remembering her reaction :)

#10 ·

I'll never forget, she was like "OMG, you guys were totally making out!!!111!" and basically she was all giddy and shit, like hyper, she seemed to enjoy it. That was fun, puts a smile on my face remembering her reaction :)
People still go hyper over simple kisses even these days, whoever is doing the kissing. Harmless fun.

:stupid: I suggest you re-read the post, thanks. Pay attention to words such as "instinctively" and "not on purpose".
Surprised you DIDN'T do it on purpose tbh. There aren't many different reactions to getting stuff poured down your back.. especially when they're wasting good chocolate.

You can decide if these were epic or crap :lol:
I'd hazard a guess they were all epic. Especially the mega drive. One of my most memorable moments was the realisation the Master System had a younger bro.. but still this

was just full of duck hunting good times

Bad memory: Discovering MTF as a curious 6 year old but not being allowed to create an account.

Ajde :D
Owning a time machine must override any bad memories you've ever had, duder

#9 ·

Good memory: I once won 4 consecutive games of tip during recess in year 4. It gives me the confidence to run away from people in my adult life...

Bad memory: Discovering MTF as a curious 6 year old but not being allowed to create an account.

Ajde :D

#11 ·

I remember at school in year prep when I was like 5, it was time to go home. I was running to get out, but I tripped and smashed my forehead into that sharp doorknob thingy on the side of the door (don't know what it's called but it was fucking sharp!). Anyways didn't remember anything after I got nailed. I just remember waking up at sickbay afterwards with an ice pack and a damp towel to my head covered in blood.

#13 ·

I remember at school in year prep when I was like 5, it was time to go home. I was running to get out, but I tripped and smashed my forehead into that sharp doorknob thingy on the side of the door (don't know what it's called but it was fucking sharp!). Anyways didn't remember anything after I got nailed. I just remember waking up at sickbay afterwards with an ice pack and a damp towel to my head covered in blood.
That's awful :sad: But I'm sure you're glad that you didn't suffer permanent damage!

And your story reminds me of this one day where for I don't know what I reason, I passed out. I was like 9, and I had just came home from a pretty long car ride, and then we stopped at CVS and got a baseball book I wanted. I was walking to my room and literally just collapsed, like I was dead, and I took a chunk out of the inside of my bottom lip when my teeth bit into it :tape:

I was bleeding bad, it was like a hole in the inside my bottom lip. I needed ice and I had to go to the hospital to avoid potential infection. I can lick that spot and feel it even today, it's never been the same.

#12 ·

Bad and good memory:
Three friends of mine and I got arrested for criminal property damage. We didn't do it on purpose. We just wanted to play some pranks with fireworks but at the end of the day it backfired completely. Thank god our insurance company (we all had the same one) paid the bill of approx. $22000.
Good memory because it was a wake-up call and it helped me to focus on my future.

#14 ·

^ These painful ones reminded me of my most painful moment. 3 years old, I decided to poke my right middle finger between the hinges of the garden door for some reason. Seemed like a fun idea at the time, till the babysitter entered not noticing me and slammed the door shut, helped by the wind. The front part of the finger going across half the nail was basically hanging off the skin. Fixed pretty easily with stitching and some other stuff, but the finger permanently looks completely different to the left middle finger.

#15 ·

Once when I was like 15, our science teacher was being a real bitch, even more so than usual, so I decided to pour fuel on the fire and raised my hand and asked her if it was that time of the month :tape: :haha:

#16 ·

good memory: at 13 first ever outside party with school buds on a new year's eve, breaking the street lights in joy and running away.....midnight cake, drinks, shouting, bike riding in the midnight.....

bad + embarrassing + good(in a way) memory: it's too embarrassing, i will just pm the op about it.....

#18 ·

i shit the bed at a mates place on a sleepover... it was pretty epic...

i guess i have both catergories covered there in the one event
:lol:

#21 ·

Bad: Once I had to apologize to the girls in my class because I made friends with a girl from another class and preferred to have lunch with her. My friends stopped talking to me(for nearly 10 days or so) until I apologized.

Good: One year at the school annual day function, my brothers and I won a total of 11 prizes for various school achievements/competitions. That was the peak and it's been downhill ever since.

#22 ·

Bad: Once I had to apologize to the girls in my class because I made friends with a girl from another class and preferred to have lunch with her. My friends stopped talking to me(for nearly 10 days or so) until I apologized.
Sounds exactly like something you would do

the friends were in the wrong... forgiving you.

#23 ·

My mother burned my eyes with a stove. I lost my iris.

#24 ·

When I was 8 or 9 or something I was going into someone's house and there were these 2 massive dogs right outside the door and I was really scared and started to run and they started chasing after me.

Then I woke up the next day in hospital and someone told me I ran onto a main road and got hit by a motorcycle. Whole body was fucked up, cut and bruised for a while. :(

#27 ·
A good one: Think I was around 7. They were doing door to door surveys on stuff kids like or something. After like two hours of questions, I was offered 20 quid for however many people there were in my household (which came up to 100 quid) or to give triple the amount to a charity like children in need instead. I chose the charity, and got the telling off of a lifetime for it (family comes first I was told).

At the time I was made to feel like it was the wrong thing to do, but thinking back on it now, I'm pretty satisfied with the decision to go against the selfish thinking of adults.

Reactions: Corey Feldman
#28 ·
^^^^^
when I was 3 I tore up in pieces a winning lottery ticket that my father had bought. It was worth enough to buy an average car, back in those times it was substantial sum. My parents managed to collect the pieces that I had scattered all around the place, and glue them together, so they still got the money. Maybe this is not on topic, because I don't really remember the incident, my parents told me, always making jokes about it.

#32 ·
Good one: When I was about six, my dad used to take us for a trip every Saturday. Once he went about half an hour in advance and prepared an adventure game for me. He attached colorful strings to the trees etc., and also papers with instructions how to find the treasure. Then I went with my mom and was following the signs and had to do what was written in the instructions (Things like "find the bird's nest" or "dance like Michael Jackson". The last instruction was "The treasure is in the pub." In the pub was my dad waiting with a huge bar of chocolate. My mom actually asked him whether the treasure was the chocolate or him :lol:

Bad one: When I was about 10, one boy in my class was really bothering me, until the day I got really mad and hit him with the wing of the blackboard. I was a bit scared that he would tell the teacher, but he probably was scared that I would tell her why I did it, so we just kept the incident a secret. That was the only and last time someone tried to bully me, and since then I say that there is no bullying unless you let yourself be bullied, because there's always a solution (not necessarily as violent as mine).

Reactions: Sham Kay Adams
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.