Mens Tennis Forums banner

*** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ ***

48K views 984 replies 25 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO THE BETTING SHRINE

It is a place where we all can share with our bets and betting stategies for particular match / tournament.

Put all your questions and analysis in here.

Kudos to Pratik and Litotes who both backed-up the idea of creating this place :hatoff:

#309 ·
We're all in minus for the year, I fear...hopefully someone will break out into positive figures soon.

I'll decide tomorrow too. Want to enjoy a good day until it's over and then start fresh. I haven't made any stats for this but I have a feeling I've done better when I've made bets the same morning rather that the evening before.

#311 ·
Yesterday, I had 10K+ on the win-win Giraldo-Janowicz match, but the amount won on that market was only 347. If Giraldo had won, it would have been only 90. Anyway, not much scope to win much, so the day could have only been a small positive or negative.

Overall, decent enough day for me. +322 for the day, +1604 for Rome.

@Marto: +26K :eek: :worship:

#312 ·
So, I calculated my stats for this year(including Rome). Worst part was that I had a 15 match losing streak at the end of AO.

2013 Stats:

Number of tournaments bet on: 29
Number of tournaments with a profit: 15
Number of tournaments with a loss: 14

Number of bets placed: 473
Net amount won/lost: -10743

Best Tournaments:
Estoril: +9239
Monte Carlo: +1858
Rome: +1604
(Only 3 tournaments above 1000)

Worst Tournaments:
Madrid: -13110
AO: -5466
Bucharest: -4185
DC WG QF: -2715
(Only 4 tournaments more than 500)

Most bets placed in one tournament:
AO: 62
Miami: 54
Monte Carlo: 54
Madrid: 50

#694 ·
Stats finally updated (After a month). :)
Very little betting in the last month.
I though it'd be interesting to see a comparison with 5 months ago.

So, I calculated my stats for this year(including Rome). Worst part was that I had a 15 match losing streak at the end of AO.

2013 Stats:

Number of tournaments bet on: 29
Number of tournaments with a profit: 15
Number of tournaments with a loss: 14

Number of bets placed: 473
Net amount won/lost: -10743
2013 Stats:

Number of tournaments bet on: 57
Number of tournaments with a profit: 29
Number of tournaments with a loss: 28 (So, maintained the ratio)

Number of bets placed: 885
Net amount won/lost: -59801 (Much much worse)

Note:
I have a 20K bet on YE#1 Nole which almost certain to lose, which I have not yet added to the stats. So, practically that is a -80K for the year.

Betting first with higher amounts and now with lower amounts has increases my different amounts bet on to 218.

Shortly after Wimbledon, I had reached my personal highest of ~180K. Time to get it back. ;)

#314 ·
Today's bets:
Montanes: 5@24.00
Kuznetsov: 20@6.1
Istomin: 50@6.46
Zeballos: 150@1.82
Marrero/Verdasco: 1000@0.62
Almagro: 10000@0.22

May put a few more bets on the later matches if things go well.

Tip for the week: Almagro over Benneteau @ 0.22
(Sorry for being so late. Just an hour before closing of the market)
After having a great tournament in Rotterdam, Benneteau is 1-6 this season with a current 6 match losing streak. The one win was against #412. In the 6 matches, he has won only one set(against Simon). Current 3 match losing streak on Clay, with losses to Simon, PCB and Raonic. Almagro has a 9-4 record on Clay this season with 2 finals. He should be well rested after his early loss to Youzhny in Madrid. Benny leads the h2h 2-1 but all were on hard, the last one being in 2011 USO. Moreover, all said and done, it is Benneteau on Clay.

#315 ·
Pratik, no need to apologize for the lateness of your tip, the Almagro - Benneteau market was missing so I added it quite late. I also felt Almagro would win, but I didn't put as much on it. Considering your track record for "tips of the week" (you even got the Dog to win after I bet on him!) I will raise my stake from my original 450.

Today's bets so far:
Lopez 50 (71/50) - my 16th Spaniard bet on! Only 12 of those has won something, could be 14 after today if I'm lucky
Verdasco 200 (53/100) - the other Spaniard I haven't won anything on yet
Haas 350 (9/25) - not looking good here so far, Youzhny 5-3 up. I considered an outsider bet on the Colonel but he has disappointed my many times.....
Simon 240 (2/5) - Simon has also disappointed me several times, or I would have put up more here
Anderson 54 (3/2)
Del Potro 480 (3/20) - my second least successful player ever, trying to better his stat somewhat
Almagro - 2250 (11/50)

I will add a bet on Federer later, amount depending on success earlier in the day.

#322 ·
Argh, Youzhny won. Of course. I felt it beforehand but I didn't act on it because he's disappointed me before and because he's one of my favourites. Guess I can't do right by them. Too bad for Haas, who lost his nice positive stat and fell into the middle of the pack at +9. Youzhny is near the bottom at -502 and could have used the lift if I'd placed 100 on him.

Chardy won the 2nd.

#323 ·
Feli broke when Chardy was serving for the match. Then Chardy managed to win in the TB. Missed the Youzhny match too, but I would have only put ~200@2.7 on him. So the missed matches saved me ~460 credits. Good I missed them.

Benny broke Almagro :scared: And then went to deuce on his next service, whereas Benny is holding his serve easily. Now he is serving for the set. I have put ~75% of my credits on Almagro :scared:

#333 ·
I'm wiped out :sad:. Down to a -20k for the year and a -30k for my vBetting career. My tip of the week was bound to go wrong eventually, just went sooner than I'd hoped. Litotes, sorry for making you go extra on Almagro. This tops off an absolutely terrible last 10 days for me. -22k in the last six days, despite of having a +3k saturday. So, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, yesterday and today combined gave me a loss of 28k. Still completely shocked with this result.

Really need Marrero/Verdasco to win now. Rest of my today's bets were long shots.

I too will go all in on Federer.

Other than that, back to small betting, I'm afraid.

#335 ·
I'm very sorry to read that :sadface: Don't worry about my extra credits on Almagro, though. I felt you gave me a good tip. Good tips don't always pay off, that's just the way it is. I take full responsibility for my own bets, even the current bet on Federer, which I in hindsight probably shouldn't have done. But I needed a boost and I just can't see Fed losing to Starace, a loss that would be a good deal worse than the one to Nishikori. If I get it in, Fed will vacate his last place in my stats and even go into a decent plus, going from 118th to 13th place (regardless of results in other open bets). My bet stats are experiencing fast shifts...this morning, Spain was my most successful nation bet on, now they're in 33rd place out of 38 nations and will be 34th if Federer wins. His win would lift Switzerland from 38th to 6th. Scotland is back to most successful, where they have been before. I've actually never lost anything on Murray yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.