Mens Tennis Forums banner

AO R1: M. Raonic def. J Hajek 3-6, 6-1, 6-2, 7-6 (0)

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  BroTree123 
#1 ·
Milos was not too sharp in the beginning and Hajek used his experience to take advantage of that. Then Milos's serve got better and the increased confidence led to fewer UEs (though still too many). Milos had chances to break in the 4th set but started losing concentration again. He saved a series of break point set points with 2nd serves and went into the tiebreak with loads of confidence.

A win is a win, but he'll need to play much better moving forward.

#4 ·
also, that's the 6th 7-0 TB this tournament, 4th for the men. 7-0 TB's are quite rare so to see 6 of them in a day and a half is odd.

Also I might note that when the TB started I predicted a 7-0 TB, keech can vouch for me:p

#5 ·
Milos will have to play better next match if it's Rosol and if Rosol's on his game.

Milos 1st serve wasn't on today, it's ok cause his 2nd's so good it bailed him out.

#9 ·
One terrible set followed by two good ones followed by a mediocre one (had like four break chances but didn't finish any of them) followed by a good tiebreaker. If Milos wants to advance to R4 or further (which should be the goal at this point), he'll need more of the good and less of the mediocre/terrible. Still needs to go for his shots more during return games.

#13 ·
raonic off to a slow start this season and with no discernible improvement or new wrinkles in his game. if anything, his movement and footwork have regressed. i suspect he’ll continue to struggle in the next round and get bounced out by kohlschreiber in the third. prove me wrong, milos.

#16 ·
He looked bored out there. Seems like he's lost the love for the game. Hope he picks it up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.