Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which grandslam will Richie win first?

3K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  juvvi 
#1 ·
Providing he does win one (which i have faith that he will :) ) which one do you think his best chance is at?

#2 ·
I think French or Wimbledon.

#3 ·
Us Open

#4 ·
It's still too soon to tell, but if he does I just have a feeling it'll be the Australian Open, even if he's never done well there.

#5 ·
lucashg said:
It's still too soon to tell, but if he does I just have a feeling it'll be the Australian Open, even if he's never done well there.
I agree, I don't think there's any reason why he shouldn't do well there. He missed it due to illness in 2005, and this year he drew Haas first round, so it's no surprise he hasn't had great results there yet. And the AO has had surprise winners/finalists in the last few years.

#7 ·
he has showed awesome results on grass and proved that he can hang with the best on any surface, but on clay you have guys like nadal who dominate quite exclusively and on hard you have fed, russians, americans, etc. because hard is a very adaptable surface, but on grass, if you can beat federer, then you can definitely win wimby, and richard came VERY close to beating fed in halle, so i think that his best chance is going to come at wimbledon, but the awesome thing about richard is that he's one of the few players who can play on all surfaces and not be bothered by it at all, so he's one of the most dangerous all-surface players out there right now.

#8 ·
hmm thats tricky one, i agree it is too soon, but i think it may be US open

#9 ·
I think Wimbledon, but I wouldn't rule out the US Open either. He's quite comfortable playing on grass (2 titles so far).

#10 ·
I know it is very unlikely that he will win the french open (at least in the next years), but it is the one I want to see him win.

#13 ·
he's proven that he could play well on any surface. i think wimbledon or USO. most likely USO

#14 ·
*julie* said:
I know it is very unlikely that he will win the french open (at least in the next years), but it is the one I want to see him win.
So do I, but others will be with less pressure. Therefore: the US Open or even Wimby, even if this would cause some problems with my loyalties. ;)

#15 ·
I think he plays well on all the surfaces and is a danger on them all. I also thought he played quite comfortably on grass this year against Federer. I think he has a chance of winning USO or Wimbledon. Maybe USO in the coming future and Wimbledon sometime later, because for now, if it's a toss up b/w him and Roger, I won't know whom to support.:angel: But, I really think he will win grandslams and has a pretty decent chance at all of them.

#17 ·
It's my dream to watch Richard winning his first grand slam title at wimbledon! That's my favourite tournament and I think that Rich can win it after time!
Go Richie

#18 ·
If I could chose a guy, other than Roger, to lift the SW19 title, this guy would be Richard. And I think grass suits him quite nicely ...

#19 ·
When Roger stands down from his throne Rich will go and claim Wimbledon!!!

#21 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum!

I think Richard has a good chance of winning Wimbledon in a couple of years. He always seems really comfortable there, maybe because for slams like Roland Garros there's more pressure. Besides that's where I met and talked to him so ... biased!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.