Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ernests' news thread!

220K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  BlueLighthouse 
#1 ·
You forgot to create this one, Z! ;)

I think we can let the old thread rest in peace. It's served its time. :p

#546 ·
Phew! Thank you, Evita for the good news:worship: I've finally calmed down. The news was seriously bothering me the whole day:sad: Im relieved to hear that Ernests is fine now:hug::hug:

#547 · (Edited)
Well, for me this subject is closed. This happened almost a week ago, so I realized that if they wanted to say anything official about it, they would have done so by now. This has caused a lot of stir between fans but it was their decision and that was that. The important thing is that Ernests is doing fine.
Leaving personal feelings aside (about how this was handled) I think it's time to move on. Besides, there is something official from mister Gulbis (I've just read it on Z & E's site), so we can all go back to what we were doing and hope nothing so distressful will happen any time soon.

Hope you're all ok. Take care.
:)

What I don't get and I won't get is why would anybody launch such stupid informations, what reason would anybody have for doing this? Tha whole thing is just useless. It beats me.

#548 ·
A Latvian lady told me that somebody commented about this on eSports.lv: "It's not the best idea to shave your armpits when drunk, and to write such articles when drunk." :haha:

#552 ·
They said he is injured, but it's a 'domestic accident' :aplot: :angel: drink vodka out of a plastic cup next time, Erno.

#556 ·
Exactly my thought, which homepage? :confused:

Thanks for the link, Stella. I'm wondering if it is a good thing that this is brought up again (by the media).

#564 ·
Gee, his homepage, eh? :tape: I wasn't aware our site got an upgrade.... :rolleyes:

The announcement that Gulbis will not participate in the tournaments of this season and concentrate on the next season was posted on the homepage of Gulbis the day after the accident.
It was just a coincidence :tape: it wasn't like he rang me and Erica up and said: "Hey girls, I picked up a stupid cut in St Petes, but can you cook up a more respectable injury so that it'd sound better when I skip Bercy?"

#571 ·
NRA.lv has a review of Ernie's season here: http://www.nra.lv/zinas/8675-gulbis-dod-latvijai-ceribu.htm

Nothing we don't already know, though it's a concise recap of his year.

Somebody also commented in an earlier article claiming to know Ernests. The poster said Ernie is very nice and doesn't drink ("we only drink water in my country" yes...)

#572 ·
#580 ·
Beware: 'Ernests Gulbis' translates into Stingray.... :rolls:

For more "oh no they didn't" moments, try translating 'Ivars Lembergs'...

#583 ·
I don't get the Stingray part :lol: and I don't get why in French they translate Gulbis to "swan" :scratch:

aaa, ellen, that is so sweet.. :smooch: constantly trying to make it easier for me, with the sauna and all... :devil:. just kidding, just kidding :angel:
thanks a lot, i'll get right on it. i'm a little bit bored because there's not much work to be done today. :zzz:

bored about work but ECSTATIC about my copy of 'Me and My Friends RHCP' photo book. i just picked it up and it is fabulous. :bounce::bounce:
oh you're bored, would you care to help me? I've written a bit over half of my presentation for tomorrow, the rest of the day is gonna be a marathon run...

#582 ·
I laughed so hard the first time I read 'Stringray', but I'm kinda used to it already :lol:
And Ivars Osbourne?? :haha:

When I translate Gulbis to Dutch I just get "zwaan" ;)

#586 · (Edited)
i’ve managed to read the articles. finally :D
i’ve liked the one with the recap. it has been indeed an interesting year for ernests, with all the ups and downs. definitely an interesting article.
talking about the humor of the translation, i especially liked this part : “Last year, higher purity tournaments Ernest earning seven victories and 14 suffered losses. This year the balance is much better: including the Davis Cup (two victories and one loss), Gulbis is 24 and made 22 of mishaps. Victory is more than the loss, and this is encouraging. “ OMG, higher purity tournaments.. the poetry of it :p

thanks for all the links guys. :worship:

google translator is fun! ernests is 'stingray' and 'swan' even in romanian :D

#592 ·
Besides the very funny subject it's indeed a weirdly constructed article :lol: Latvians prefer a bear to sex? :rolls: What are they doing with the bear?

#594 ·
Hi,

:wavey:

just wanted to say, that Latvian celebrity gossip website, which published all these allegations about Ernests, has turned its coat and now writes that "our outstanding, world-famous sportsman is bursting with health". :rolleyes:
He was spotted in the theater yesterday evening, watching premiere of "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams. :worship:
Still no direct quote from Ernests, only comment that he is badly shaken by all these insults (as said by his friends??). :hug:

:wavey:

#599 ·
:) Thanks for the update! I hope those journalists will stay on this new track and not write anymore muck about Ernie....though that may be wishful thinking. :rolleyes: Good to know he's bursting with health and going to the theater....Keep the news coming, if you can! Much appreciated!! :yeah:

#595 ·
:awww: Now I'm concerned about him again, because he's badly shaken. I can understand he doesn't make a comment, I wouldn't say anything either. Let those journalists drown in their own crap and live your life, Erno. They made mistakes, and I don't think (hope) they'll get away with it like this.

About the bears and the sex again: IF they wanted to say beer in stead of bear, I don't understand why they would prefer beer if they only drink water in Latvia :cuckoo: :lol: Or maybe they don't drink IN Latvia, but they go to another country every time to have a drink :p
Anyway, I'll seriously think about this article when I plan my trip to the East ;) I don't drink beer so I have to choose Russia :devil:

#596 ·
:eek: You guys are killing me with beer/bear and sex… :haha: :haha: Oh I hope they used the Google translator for the article, otherwise…:tape: I don't want to know more details about bear and sex…:scared: :rolls:

Thanks Mara for the update.
Journalists :(… now that the damage is done… Well, it's good to know Ernests is in Latvia, at the theatre. Hmmm… 'A Streetcar Named Desire', good choice :D

#597 ·
:eek: You guys are killing me with beer/bear and sex… :haha: :haha: Oh I hope they used the Google translator for the article, otherwise…:tape: I don't want to know more details about bear and sex…:scared: :rolls:
Me too :lol:

Those journalists :rolleyes:. Good that Ernie won't comment on it and good to know that he's doing well :). Those articles would really upset me too if it happend to me. :hug:

#605 ·
Riga Bear Prices Hit Record
:rolls:

Maybe I should open a bear-trading business... I could make a fortune in Latvia :p

#607 ·
Those retrenched investment bankers can go find a job in Riga now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.