Mens Tennis Forums banner

Whose service style does yours most resemble?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Clashcityrocker 
#1 ·
There was a thread before on what your favorite serve style was. I thought, "meh, why not have a thread like this?"

My serve style most resembles Roddick's, especially with the abbreviated motion. No, this wasn't a conscious decision - If anything, I think Federer's motion is most fluent and looks easy to emulate. The problem was, my second serve kick delivery always used an abbreviated motion. I couldn't make a regular second serve without my racket going straight back, shoot. So I changed my first service motion to conceal my second better, and there you have it. Weird, yeah.

#3 ·
I would say Krajicek, I tried to serve like him when I was a kid and it's stuck with me all these years.

I have some Federer in my wind-up but I have a much more explosive action than him (though obviously get nothing like the pace he generates from a relaxed motion!).

I've also been told I serve similar to Roscoe Tanner?!?! I can't find any videos of him serving, but understand this is a compliment as he had a huge serve with the old wooden racquets!

#4 ·
Sometimes my serve looks like that one of Volandri,so you can just imagine it :haha:

But I usually serve like Davydenko/Moya a bit of both.

I think I could also serve like Youzhny :p

#8 ·
Mario Ancic. Since the first time I saw him in 2002 when he beat Federer at Wimbledon, I wanted to have his serve. It is a bit different, but the motion is the same.

#16 ·
Federer's, but a little more shorter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.