Mens Tennis Forums banner

western women converting to Islam

3K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  LittleGloves 
#1 ·

what is going on? :facepalm:

Reactions: Mimi
#3 ·
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Always nice to see a brother/sister coming into Islam! :)

#6 ·
Not wrong but in that video he says it is difficult to live in UK without converting to muslim?:confused:So women are forced to convert?I am sorry if I understand the video badly.

#7 ·
Can't be asked with watching the entire thing but hey, if these women like the ideals of islam, then good on them for being decisive on how they want to live their life.

I know nothing about Islam apart from that it is the fastest growing religion in the world. So they must be doing something right.

#9 ·
Christmas trees abandoned in middle east.Freedom for other religions is very little in Islam countries:wavey:Christianity allows freedom to other religions.Why do christians converting to islam knowing this?

#10 ·
Might want to ask someone who appreciates the idea of religion but I'll give it a go.

I suppose people belong to a particular religion not because of the comforts and freedoms they're given, but because they believe it speaks the most truths, especially regarding how we should be living. These Western Women and all the other Islam converts must simply just want to belong with the religion which they believe will make the world a better place to live.

From my unbiased point of view, the basics of it is, Islam is better at selling themselves than Christianity or any other religion is. You can call it making the most sense, best persuasion, best guilt trips or even best brainwashing.. depends on your point of view.

#12 ·
From my unbiased point of view, the basics of it is, Islam is better at selling themselves than Christianity or any other religion is. You can call it making the most sense, best persuasion, best guilt trips or even best brainwashing.. depends on your point of view.
It's too bad western governments around the world still haven't realized how dangerous religion is, especially considering most people are brainless sheep. There should be self-awareness classes, which educate people about the dangers of worshiping someone who doesn't exist.

Reactions: Sham Kay Adams
#11 · (Edited)
PRESSTV?

Is this forum turning into a propaganda instrument of Iran.

I gave up a few minutes into the first interview, it was so scripted.

And that English woman presenter covering her hair. Does she really think men will be overcome by lust for her body if she takes it off?

But apart from that video being scripted, I imagine when non-Muslim women fall for a Muslim guy, they are given no choice if they want to marry him. Most probably regret it later.I never got far enough into it to know if they gave any statistics on men converting.

#19 ·
PRESSTV?

Is this forum turning into a propaganda instrument of Iran.

I gave up a few minutes into the first interview, it was so scripted.

And that English woman presenter covering her hair. Does she really think men will be overcome by lust for her body if she takes it off?

But apart from that video being scripted, I imagine when non-Muslim women fall for a Muslim guy, they are given no choice if they want to marry him. Most probably regret it later.I never got far enough into it to know if they gave any statistics on men converting.
I'm Muslim and my wife is Christian :confused: I certainly never forced her to convert, even though she has offered to.

#15 ·
Religion is just a preference, like having a stand against abortion or some other point of view.

Most of these religions have people in the past communicating to god.
No one today can say this, they would be locked up even if there were witnesses.

There's nothing wrong about liking or not liking Islam, it's just a different point of view.
People get ridiculed on points of view all the time and there's nothing wrong with doing the same to religious believers of a certain faith.

Some think some faiths are just over the edge and don't care for the followers of that faith, this can be called anti-islam, anti-christian or anti-semitism.

It's not always people hating the followers of those faiths but the repulsion that they could get brainwashed so easily into believing in them.

With this set of rules I have no problem with people saying bad things about a religion, everyones point of view in this area should be expressed if they want, it's not always hate as I mentioned above.

I was raised catholic, if anyone has bad things to say about it this is fine, I can't expect everyone to agree with my viewpoint even though now I don't agree with it either.

anti-islam, anti-christian or anti-semitism, just points of view and it's fine by me if any of these man-made rules that involve god is looked down apon.

These western woman made a choice, it means little unless rules from the religion start effecting the law and imposes these rules on everyone.

#17 ·
There is forced conversions in some parts of world and brainwashing too.In the video it says women in London cannot walk safe in streets without belonging to Isalm.Why governments are not stopping forced conversion?:confused:Some muslim laws are not friendly.In Midle east countries worshiping other Gods is banned.Christianity, Budhist, Hindu countries do not have such laws but why Islams have that?

#38 ·
what bullshit, I can easily write that this way to make my case

Allowing a Muslim woman to marry a Christian or a Jewish man, is an exceptional rule applied under special circumstances. And when a Muslim woman marries a Christian or a Jewish man, there is no problem, because she believes in all prophets, and all holy books. There will be no problem between her and her husband in this matter, especially that her religion -Islam- commands her to be good to her husband even if he were Christian or Jewish. And any Muslim woman going through such marriage should have strong belief in her faith, and should strongly abide by her religion.

The reason for forbidding a Muslim man from marrying a non-Muslim, is that a Christian or a Jewish woman believes only in her prophet, and doesn’t believe in prophet Mohamed Salla Allah Allih Wa Salam or any of the other prophets (blessing be upon them).

For example, when this Muslim man, tries to teach his kids to love and respect all prophets and believe in all of them, his non-Muslim wife will not agree, because she believes only in her prophet. She will interfere in the way he raises his kids, and prevents him from raising them in an Islamic way. And here comes the real problem, because he will have only two options, whether he leaves the whole thing as it is, and does nothing about it -which will be an insult to his religion- or he argues about the matter, and this will sure lead to more marital problems.

On the other hand, there will be no such problems between a Muslim wife, and a non Muslim husband, because if this husband tried to teach his kids to love and believe in his prophet, his Muslim wife will not refuse that because she already believes in his prophet and all prophets. This is why Islam allows the marriage between Muslim woman and non-Muslim man, and forbids the marriage between Muslim man, and non-Muslim woman. Because Islam respects the marital relationship and wants to guarantee its stability, not because it respects women, and disrespects men …
let's pretend it has nothing with giving a man (who happens to be the one dictating the religion) more rights for himself when he happens to lust over a girl that isn't of his same religion, and then deny women the same right

reminds me of the whole polygamy debate and why women aren't allowed 4 men, traditionally they said because then how can we know who the father is? yet now in the age of DNA profiling and that out of the question it still is prohibited

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.