Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is online tennis betting still illegal in the US??

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ExcaliburII 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any info on the current US laws for online tennis betting?

Would I have to travel to Vegas to make a legitimate bet? I don't want to get involved with any type of bookie that could give me trouble.

#2 ·
it is illegal in the U.S. but you dont need to bet with tony soprano to do it. I've been betting for 7 years non-stop and no slap on the wrist, the laws are for inshore bookies and the players dont get punished.

thegreek.com
5dimes.com
bookmaker.com
bodog.com

All very reputable places if you are truly interested.

#6 ·
the short answer is "it depends"
gambling is regulated on both state and federal level with different taxation rules.

currently the biggest obstacle for us(and a) residents is wiring money with credit cards (remember, fbi has plenty of wire fraud predicates and they are not shy about using them)

if you intend to do some heavy lifting (and i imagine in this case you would not be asking questions here) you best options are still vegas and the mob. or you can visit one of those fake countries (like ukraine) and establish a shell account (or alternatively use off-shore cc)

if your intention is to have some fun, any off-shore bookies that are willing to accept us funds should do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.