Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nicolas Mahut

184K views 1K replies 140 participants last post by  TNX1.0E6TOPCA 
#1 ·
Any news about Nicolas? Anything...

Please...:(

#770 ·
Don't know.

Maybe the injury is not major,but I'd rather him losing the doubles at US Open (10% chance to win tbh) and take some rest than keeping playing and getting injuries.

It's just very sad both players get too many injuries after the epic. :sad:

#771 ·
St Remy is outdoor and we'll see if he'll play but yes he was on the entry list. He said he was only able to serve at 60% and without his serve it's more tough. Indeed he was hoping the WC which have given him more time to be ready now he hopes some WC in the french tournaments which are coming next weeks.

#772 ·
Thank you Soulage. I've read on the main section of this forum that St Remy was indoors, which seemed weird to me at this time of the year in Southern France. :D

For sure he at least deserves WC in the 3 French tournaments to come.

I also fear he's overdoing these days but on the other hand he's got the experience now and I take it that he knows what he's doing and where his limits lay. ;)

#773 ·
“Very bad. I feel pain everywhere in my body, especially my back, hips. It’s not a good time to play tennis.”
This is how Nicolas Mahut describes his current state of health in the wake of his historic 11-hour/5-minute loss to John Isner at Wimbledon. It’s been two months since the three-day epic on Court 18 at the All England Club, but the Frenchman says he’s still recovering.
“My body just says, ‘I don’t want to play tennis anymore, so give me a rest, give me a break.’ I just really wanted to play here at the U.S. Open, the last Slam of the season, in front of the American people,” said Mahut moments after he and teammate Arnaud Clement lost in the opening round of the doubles to Mahesh Bhupathi/Max Mirnyi. “But the fact is, I wasn’t ready.”
Maybe that’s why he wasn’t offered a wildcard into the main-draw singles (he fell in the qualifying rounds).
Mahut played Newport (where he donated his shirt, shorts and a shoe from the 70-68-in-the-fifth match to the International Tennis Hall of Fame) the week after Wimbledon, but says he felt a tear in his back in the second-round. Since then, despite free-and-clear MRIs, he hasn’t been the same player. But that doesn’t alter his memories of his record-setting match.
“Of course I have some good feeling about it,” said Mahut, who had a scheduling conflict and couldn’t attend the ESPYs, where Isner accepted an award for Best Record-Breaking Performance. “This may be the match we talk about during the next 20 years, maybe more. It was more than a tennis match.”
Mahut says he stays in touch with Isner via e-mail. Lots of them. But he’s not revealing any content.
“This is just between us.”

#774 ·
an interview in french it looks like a baby blues :lol: if we take that match in wimbledon like the baby :lol: still the problem with his back but the exams say there is nothing. he hopes wc for metz, mons,montpellier bercy

Mahut: « Toutes les bonnes choses sont derrière moi »
Neuf reporters américains ont accouru dans une petite salle d'interview pour discuter avec Nicolas Mahut après sa défaite en double où il était associé à Arnaud Clément. Aux États-Unis, l'histoire de l'Angevin intéresse toujours. Le marathon de Wimbledon face à John Isner (70-68 au cinquième set) est toujours dans les mémoires. Mahut, 158e mondial, éliminé au dernier tour des qualifications en simple, paie ce match aujourd'hui.

Propos recueillis par Eric Salliot à New-York | RMC.fr | 03/09/2010

Nicolas, comment allez-vous?
Ce n'est pas la grande forme, je me sens un peu vieux. Il y a un sentiment de ras le bol. J'ai l'impression que toutes les bonnes choses qui me sont arrivées sont derrière moi. J'ai envie de revenir au classement mais en même temps, mon corps me dit que je ne suis pas capable de jouer à un haut niveau. J'ai mal au dos et je ne peux pas servir! Pourtant le doc m'assure que les examens ne montrent rien.

C'est le contrecoup du fameux match face à John Isner?
Quand on m'a parlé de ça, ça me faisait sourire. Je me sentais super bien. J'ai été porté par l'adrénaline. J'ai eu beaucoup de sollicitations aussi. Là, mon corps a dit stop. C'est amusant de voir que John Isner – avec qui j'échange par email – s'est blessé à une cheville. Il a d'ailleurs failli ne pas disputer l'US Open. On a puisé dans nos réserves.

Vous espériez obtenir une invitation pour cet US Open?
Une wild-card, ce n'est pas dû. La FFT a préféré l'accorder à Guillaume Rufin, ce que je comprends. Quant aux Américains, ils ont plein de joueurs autour de la 200e place mondiale. Maintenant, j'espère que je bénéficierai d'un coup de pouce pour les tournois français en fin de saison. C'est maintenant que j'ai besoin d'aide.

Mardi, vous avez remis une de vos raquettes au Musée de l'US Open.
Oui, il y avait du monde. J'ai l'impression que les Américains sont sensibles à mon histoire. Ils adorent les records. Je suis surpris à chaque fois. On me reconnaît dans la rue. Attention, je ne suis pas une rock star mais le phénomène est plus fort qu'à Paris.

Cet été, il y a eu un buzz sur Internet autour d'une vidéo qui utilisait votre match pour vanter une marque de préservatifs
Oui, j'ai découvert ça. On s'est renseigné car ni John ni moi n'avons été contacté. C'est une boîte de production qui a lancé le truc pour Durex. Mon agent et des avocats font le nécessaire pour stopper la diffusion du clip.

Quel est le programme?
Je suis inscrit la semaine prochaine au Challenger de Saint-Rémy de Provence mais je ne veux pas retourner sur le terrain si je ne suis pas à 100%. Ca ne sert à rien de bricoler comme lors de ces qualifs de l'US Open. Ensuite, j'espère être invité à Metz, Mons en Belgique, Montpellier et Bercy

#777 ·
Good decision not to play.
Rest up, Nico.

#778 ·
Get some rest and massage Nico! :hug:

BTW I guess some French tourneys will give him WC.It's weird US Open organisers didn't give him but not so well known Frenchman.(Even forget the name oops.)

#779 ·
Smart decision not to play St. Remy. If he gets a WC into Metz, it would have been a break of 3 weeks. Hopefully this break can help him recover physically for this time of the season coming up on indoor hard, where he should get positive results. Get well soon, Nicolas.

#780 ·
I♥PsY@Mus!c;10336287 said:
BTW I guess some French tourneys will give him WC.It's weird US Open organisers didn't give him but not so well known Frenchman.(Even forget the name oops.)
You mean Guillaume Rufin, I think.

He talked about it in the article given by Soulage above. I know you don't speak the French language, so I'll just translate it for you. ;)

Vous espériez obtenir une invitation pour cet US Open?
Une wild-card, ce n'est pas dû. La FFT a préféré l'accorder à Guillaume Rufin, ce que je comprends. Quant aux Américains, ils ont plein de joueurs autour de la 200e place mondiale. Maintenant, j'espère que je bénéficierai d'un coup de pouce pour les tournois français en fin de saison. C'est maintenant que j'ai besoin d'aide.
Did you hope you'd get a wild card for this US Open?

A wild card is not owing. The FFT preferred giving it to Guillaume Rufin, which I understand. As for the Americans, they've got plenty of players around the 200th World rank. Now I hope I'll get a help for the French in the end of the season. It's now that I need help.

(by the way, sorry for my ignorance, I've been disconnected with tennis for several years but I didn't know some national federations could give WC to GS. :confused:)

#781 ·
#783 ·
The Metz tournament doesn't belong to the FFT so it's not especially their choices. Julien Boutter the tournament director gave one to Ascione who will play his last tournament, Mathieu should get one and i read that Cilic was near to get one. Pity for him but palying the qualies could give him confidence as the draw is really good for a 250.

Bercy is more close from FFT some chance there and for Montpellier the tournament belongs to french channel Canal Plus and the tournament director is Patrice Dominguez. There is 3 tournaments the week of Montpellier so the cut should be less higher than Metz and surely more easy choices for the WC.

#784 ·
Oh, OK, thanks for saying. Well, FFT or not, I'm still a bit surprised that Nicolas has been sort of overlooked since Wimbledon. I thought he would be protected a bit after that match. Hopefully he does get those WCs at Bercy and Montpellier. I knew about Ascione and I just read about Cilic, I guess one has to hope PHM gets in directly so it opens up another WC. I feel bad for him that he's sort of the forgotten man from that whole saga. Will he for sure play the qualies at Metz? There are also challengers at Mons and Rennes I'm guessing he will play also.

#786 ·
Ascione is ranked 140th, isn't he? They could as well have chosen Nico, but well as he's better ranked there's not much to blame, except I expected the local players to have right of way. Let's hope it will be OK for the other 2 French tourneys ... with French organisers.

#792 ·
Hope he can get back into the groove.

#793 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.