Mens Tennis Forums banner

Chucho News and Articles

30K views 350 replies 36 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
Every Forum has a News and Articles Thread.............so why should Chucho miss out? :sad:

Of course our man is on vacation at the moment, but he is still finding the time to do some charity work in Argentina. He will be taking part in a Charity Team Tennis Tournament which runs from 1st to 8th December in various different venues, and is raising money for something called "The Food Bank" which distributes food and help to disadvantaged people.

Here is an article about it (in Spanish), along with the link to the original.

http://www.atptennis.com/es/newsand...res_charity.asp

Tenistas argentinos disputan torneo benéfico

Varios de los mejores tenistas argentinos del momento suspenderán por unos días sus vacaciones para tomar parte del torneo Interclubes de Primera División. Allí se podrá seguir a Mariano Puerta, José Acasuso , Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta y el ecuatoriano Giovanni Lapentti, entre otros.

El certamen, rebautizado "La Liga de Primera" a partir de la presente temporada, tendrá un fin solidario, ya que la entrada para seguir la competencia será la entrega de alimentos no perecederos, que serán destinados al Banco de Alimentos, una organización no gubernamental que ayuda a 52.000 personas diariamente.

Además de los citados profesionales, también participarán Carlos Berlocq, Mariano Hood, Sebastián Prieto, Diego Hartfield; ex jugadores como Christian Miniussi (bronce olímpico en Barcelona 92), y jóvenes promesas como Máximo González, Leonardo Mayer u Horacio Zeballos, entre otros.

El 21 de noviembre se realizará el sorteo y el torneo comenzará el 1 de diciembre, cuando se conformen cuatro zonas de cuatro equipos. Los dos mejores avanzarán a un cuadro de eliminación directa. Las semifinales y finales de esta competencia que repartirá 30.000 pesos argentinos en premios se disputarán el 7 y 8 de diciembre en River Plate. El Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, con Puerta, Chela, Hood, Zeballos y Diego Moyano en su lista de buena fe, aparece como el candidato.

See less See more
#212 · (Edited)
Short interview in Ole today. Anna posted the photo in the photos thread. :)

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pagina.jsp?pagId=01327095&fecha=20061213

TENNIS: JOSÉ ACASUSO, FACE TO FACE WITH OLE
“We are favourites”

Chucho analyzes the Davis Cup tie against Austria and speaks of the time he thought of quitting tennis.

SANTIAGO GRAZIOLO. sgraziolo@ole.com.ar
The guy doesn´t stop. Only 10 days from his match against Marat Safin in Moscow passed and since the moment he arrived to the country, José Acasuso played two exhibitions last week (Vilas Cup and Indoor Masters of Córdoba) and yesterday he was in Pilar Golf Club in the Ole 10º Anniversary Meeting, where a group of amateur tennis players asked him about his professional life. After that he chatted with this newspaper. “Today I enjoy my holidays”, José said.

-But you didn´t stop…

-Well, but now I´ll spend some days resting and then I´ll travel to start the tour activity. This year I decided to start directly in the Australian Open. (starts 15th February)

-More than a week after the Davis Cup final passed… Which are the sensations left?

-I think that if the tie would have been played on clay, we would have won the Cup, but it was not that way. The team is convinced that will go for "revenge" (it´s not so strong in Spanish) in a short time. What we didn´t understand is that the press said that there was an argument between Nalbandian and Mancini, but nothing happened. It bothered us because this group, if it´s characterized by something, is the union that showed. Really, it was only an ideas exchange.

-The road of “revenge” (again, it is not this strong when it is said in Spanish) starts in Austria. How do you see the tie?

-We make a great team and Austria has got their figures, such as Jurgen Melzer in the singles. He is in a good doubles with someone like Julian Knowles. Despite not being locals and that it will be on carpet, I trust that we are favourites for this tie.

-How do you feel nowadays in the tour?

-I´m 24 years old and I already have 8 as a professional, so, I feel like a veteran. I still remember when I came to live to Buenos Aires, what meant a change coming from Misiones, and the bad moments when the idea of quitting tennis crossed my mind.

-What?!

-Yes. During 2002 and 2003 I thought I would never play again due to the injuries I suffered, I could not recover from them. I was afraid I would never be healthy again because every time I entered a court I played a tournament and got injured for two months (adductor muscle, knee, etcetera). It was a difficult moment. But today I´m happy I haven´t quited tennis.

-A unique 2006 comes to an end for you. What are your goals for 07?

-The idea is to be in the top 15 (today he´s 27º). With my work group we are doing everything possible to make it. It´s essential having a good performance in all surfaces. Tennis is getting more and more professional, good players are “emerging”. The one I like the most is Novak Djokovic, a 19 years old Serbian that is in the top 20 (16º). Most of them have a good level and in the little details the difference is made.

The next one, with Cañas
José will take some free days, he´ll skip the Copa Argentina and on Sunday he´ll play another exhibiton, in Parque Roca, during the “Interclubes” final, called “Liga de Primera” (Prime League). There, he´ll face Guillermo Cañas. The League final will count with Juan Chela, Juan Monaco, Martín Vassallo, Mariano Zabaleta, Luis Lobo and Javier Frana.

It will be carpet in Austria
Austria chose indoor carpet (there will be low temperatures) for the first round tie, that will be played between the 9th and 11th February. The place will be the Intersport Arena of Linz, a city with 180,000 inhabitants in the North of the country. Meanwhile, Chile will recieve Russia, the current champion, in La Serena´s clay.

#215 ·
TENNIS: JOSÉ ACASUSO, FACE TO FACE WITH OLE
“We are favourites”

Chucho analyzes the Davis Cup tie against Australia and speaks of the time he thought of quitting tennis.
thanks, lau...what i quoted is and error? i mean, it should say "Austria" right?

I am glad Chucho feels fine....but when in the article he say "we are favourites"? i cannot find it! Thanks!! :)

#220 ·
Here's a story today from INFOBAE.COM regarding Chucho's new girlfriend...There was a pic of her in the article but I couldn't save and post it.

Los pescaron in fraganti en un boliche

José “Chucho” Acasuso ya habría encontrado quien lo consuele tras la derrota de la Copa Davis. La bellísima Agustina Córdova intenta adueñarse del corazón del tenista

José Acasuso atravesaba uno de los momentos más tristes de su vida, luego de perder un punto decisivo ante Marat Safin en la Copa David, que significó la coronación del equipo ruso.

Pero el destino premió a “Chucho” con una buena. Según trascendió, la modelo Agustina Córdoba quedó impactada por la belleza y la personalidad del tenista.

Y, como era de esperarse, el misionero no tardó en reaccionar. En un evento que tuvo lugar días atrás en Crobar, la flamante pareja no se separó en toda la noche, según indica la revista Caras.

Como si fuera poco, la morocha que saltó a la fama en el reality show “Super M” lo alentó desde la tribuna en la segunda edición de la Copa Guillermo Vilas.

Agustina, modelo y actriz que participó en varias tiras, estuvo de novia durante mucho tiempo con el empresario futbolístico Gustavo Mascardi.

#221 ·
Hahahaha, new girlfriend I don't believe it. Just cause Chucho is seen talking to a girl, doesn't mean he has a girlfriend.

#228 ·
yes you understand quite well the article...She was showen on
TV during the match and the reporter said "This is Chucho's gf"...I was surprised because i read the article which was posted here where he said he has no gf. But apparently they met after that.;)

Anyway i always think why tennist player use to date models and actreeses? I am just curious...This is a matter we can talk freely i supposed like any other if we talk with respect!

#223 ·
Why would it matter cause Chucho wouldn't go for any of the girls that post on this message board.

Could you please include full internet links please for future articles.

#225 ·
No, it's commonsense to post links to news articles that aren't your own written work, that is all.

#227 · (Edited)
OK..., this is the only thing I´m going to say about this issue (GF) here, because it is pretty public and we could even hear about it on tv.
That girl, Agustina Córdova, was in the 2 exhibitions Chucho played, only in his matches, and she seated in Chucho´s box, with his people.
Whether she is his GF or not, I don´t know (anybody knows), and I´m not really interested. But it´s pretty obvious something is happening there ;) :lol:
I hope both have fun and wish him happiness whatever is the case. :)

And I would like to add that as a Marat Safin fan I´m (sadly) used to read some nasty/unfair/judgemental comments that occasionally are made about his GFs (or whatever can they be called) and the relation he has with them. I don´t think any of us know any of them good enough to make such comments. I suggest we spare us that in this forum. :)

EDIT: :sobbing: Now we´ll have 3 pages of GF talking :sobbing:

#232 · (Edited)
Well said, and truly hope we can avoid this type of discussion here. If something is posted in the media, it might be one thing to share the article, but it's another for any speculation past that when we (or most of us, I imagine) really know nothing more than what is given to us this way.

well, these are News about Chucho you like it or not...Private life is important for a tennis player or any other sport, lau! it is not matter to do a gossip-thread....just to talk seriously about the matter.
There you go: "private life." Just because their profession makes them a public figure does not mean they don't deserve a private life. They can't live in a cave when they're off the tennis court which leaves them open to some publicity when maybe they'd prefer none, but that doesn't mean we have to spend pages discussing a situation we know almost nothing about.

I think lau's suggestion of a chat thread is perfect for anyone who wants to continue discussion of a gf or if it's appropriate for a news thread.

#245 ·
i know this is old but i like the way he talks about the defeat
from ESPN.deportes.com

"Safin jugó en un gran nivel y yo perdi el cuarto set en el tie break, asi que me voy satisfecho. Es más: estimo que de ir al quinto set yo tenía más resto que él".
"Safin played in a great level and i lost in the fourth in tie-break, so i am going with satisfation. More: i think that if we went to a fifth i would have more strenght than him"

"Intenté no pensar lo que estaba jugando. Jamás me temblaron las piernas, sólo me critico no haber estado más fino con la devolución en el cuerto set para quebrar el saque. Creo que con el tiempo voy a poder valorar más este momento", resaltó el misionero.
"I tried to not think about what i was playing for. Never my legs were trembling; i just blame myself to not have returned better his serve on fourth set to break him. I think while time will pass i will be able to value more this moment", remarked the misionero (the guy from Misiones)

Acerca de la actuación de Acasuso, el capitán, Alberto Mancini, opinó: "José jugó como un grande. Creo que tuvo que afrontar el partido más importante de la historia del tenis argentino y lo hizo de la mejor manera".
About the situation, Mancini declared: "José played like a big, great player. I think he had to face the most important match in the history of argentinian tennis, and he did it great."

#246 ·
Wow, I have a question....is this a message board open to the public, or is it just a way for a couple of people to throw their weight around and scare people so much that they're affraid to post anything? I don't even know why I bothered to sign up. If I knew it was all about abuse and bashing I wouldn't have....this is the Chucho News Thread, word of him having a GF is news whether you people like it or not. Word of him having a stubbed toe is news, whether he got it on the court or in his home. If you wanted this thread to only be Chucho Tennis News, then those kind of things would be off topic but that's not what it's called. I'm sorry I posted that article here where I thought it would be appreciated as Chucho News, I won't do it again.

#256 ·
oh sorry i missed you question! anyway, lau replied to you! :) I didn't know even about that Unicef match :eek:

but here is more info about Punta del Este, Chucho will start the competition

in http://www.foxsportsla.com/scripts/

Argentinos Acasuso, Gaudio y Cañas animarán torneo en Punta del Este
13/12/2006
AFP
MONTEVIDEO (AFP) -Los argentinos José Acasuso, Gastón Gaudio y Guillermo Cañas protagonizarán junto al uruguayo Pablo Cuevas el torneo cuadrangular "Tenis en Punta 2007", que se disputará los días 28 y 29 de diciembre en el hotel Conrad de Punta del Este (140 km al este de Montevideo).

El certamen de exhibición que el pasado año ganó el argentino David Nalbandian al vencer en la final al chileno Nicolás Massú, conjugará esta temporada belleza y excelencia sobre el court, según adelantaron este miércoles los organizadores.

Emulando la iniciativa del Másters Series de Madrid, por primera vez en Sudamérica los aficionados podrán deleitar su vista disfrutando de un doble espectáculo, la excelsa clase de las raquetas dentro de la cancha y la elegancia de las modelos de Pancho Dotto, que oficiarán de alcanzapelotas, agregaron.

La actividad dará inicio con el partido entre José Acasusu, 27 de la ATP e integrante del plantel argentino subcampeón de la Copa Davis-2006, y el número uno del tenis uruguayo, Pablo Cuevas (230 ATP).

A continuación se enfrentarán Gastón Gaudio (34), campeón de Roland Garros 2004, y Guillermo Cañas (143).

Los ganadores disputarán al día siguiente la final del torneo, cuya organización estará a cargo de dos ex tenistas rioplatenses, el argentino Martín Jaite y el uruguayo Diego Pérez.

I remarked the new things that wasn't posted yet
:
briefly, it says that the audience will have 2 spectacles: the rackets on court and the beauty of the models of Pancho Doto :rolleyes: that will perform as ball boys (taking the example from Master Series Madrid).
Acadsuso will start the competition on 27 December (Wednesady) against the uruguayo Pablo Cuevas.
After then Gaudio will play Cañas.

I must explain also that Punta del Este is the city on the sea most jet-set we have on the Rio de la Plata in Uruguay. All the top models and actors and actresses moved on to Punta del Este during the summer.:eek:

#249 ·
All this discussion about Chucho's gf made me think of the discussions we've had in the past over the Gaudio forum. I personally think that what concerns the private life, even if it appears in the newspapers, must remain private. I mean, it's not because the guy is famous (tennis player or whatever) that we, fans, have the right to know everything. If we take as a rule, that as long as it is published in a magazine, or newspaper, it is news and we can post it here, I have strong fears as to when magazines I won't name will publish photos and spread gossips that will be even more private than the fact a girl has attended 2 of Chucho's matches. I'm happy if he's happy. That's all. I don't care to know who shares his life, as long as he's still playing the tennis I like to see him play.

Last but not least, I repeat this is only my personal view of the topic, and I doubt that Chucho would love to have pages written on a message board about his love life. Even if what is written is true.

#250 ·
I agree :)
And, not related with your post, I would like to add that I´m deeply sorry some of the things I posted previously might be misunderstood. I thought a lot about posting "that" interview :p , but I thought that, after all, those were his own words. :) I think that makes a huge difference and that´s why I explained what kind of magazine that was. Not to mention that Chucho talked about other things in that interview.

Would you happen to know what time on Sunday Chucho's playing in that Unicef match? I think it's on Sunday.
Nobody knows for sure. That exhibition will take place between (or after or before) the finals of the "Liga de Primera" (a competition between Argentine tennis clubs) on Sunday. Honestly, I don´t think even the players know the time. Today the press conference took place, but that information doesn´t appear anywhere.

#259 ·
Chucho won't be playing in Chile after the Aus Open obviously as he has a tie in Austria to prepare for on carpet.

#261 ·
I am disappointed to hear that Cristian Elseser is no longer Chucho's physical trainer, but he has been replaced by Martiniano Orazi and they have started work already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.