Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

159K views 5K replies 24 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
New chat thread! That last one went by so quick!!

Reactions: Alaricus
#4,806 ·
I've always heard jet lag to China is unreal. People are always awake in the middle of the night. What was that movie that they made with Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansen? It was a jet lag theme in Tokyo.

I'm listening to a book about the Taiping Rebellion and the woman narrating it constantly says "the YOU-nited States. I never would have guessed that would bother me so much. But really, who says it like that? She has a north american accent so I don't know where this comes from. I always say uNITEd States.

#4,811 ·
Dim Sum with my cousins, bank, and probably dinner with my mom and whoever she wants. Likely dim sum with my uncle another day.

City Center is the commercial district and the real estate is too pricey for any residential building. The residential area I am staying is at the north west edge of Kowloon. This is also the area I grew up during my teenager years until I married. Hong Kong is make up with Hong Kong Island, Kowloon Peninsula and New Territories plus number of off shore islands. Hong Kong Island is tiny but it's commercial area isthe financial center like Wall Street for NYC. The airport used to be in Kowloon facing the Victoria Harbour (between HK Island and Kowloon) but there is no room to expand and too close to residential area (Planes used to fly just above the roof top of the apartment buildings before landing). So 20 years ago, they built a new airport with one of the biggest land reclaimation on the north end of Lantau Island, the biggest offshore island (bigger than HK Island) and built the world longest suspension bridge to connect to TsingYi Island then New Territories.

There is a documentary about this project and one of the most :eek: project of all times by HK government. After I landed last night, I took a bus here.

#4,826 ·
Indeed :(

I will! That's why I bring the camera with me.

Hong Kong is famous for how small it is. :rolls: It is really really very small. The area I lived was developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s and the buildings are 20 floors high. Nowadays, almost all new apartment buildings are 40s-50s and they are so close that you can see what your neighbours are eating in their living room or the TV programs they are watching. :lol:
It seems pretty big to me! You should go to macau on aday trip:p and try and win the lottery there :p

There are toilets using two different water levels for flushing. Since my sister's house relies on well water which is pretty low most of the time, she installed those to save water.
Not here and eve those who do, it's still a lot of water!! And here in the toilets you get the exact sae water you have on your pipes to shower or drink...

I am cuckoo.

I will write stream of consciousness someday.
:lol: alright then, I thought you were more cuckoo than normal. :nerner:

#4,828 ·
star, not this bridge. The airport and bridge were finished in 1998. This one started in 2004 and finished by 2009.

During the Colony era, that island was used by British army to keep ammunitions. It is actually quite close to where I lived.

Not sure people remember this. The famous cruise ship Queen Elisabeth II was burnt down in the harbour off that island in 1970s. I just moved to my apartment here and could see the smoke from the fire for days,

#4,835 ·
You totally blanked my last question! :rolls: Never mind!

I hope Lee isn't sleeping. That would be the worst way to combat jet lag.
No. Too noisy to sleep. The street my window facing is not even a major road with buses or whatever but it's surrounded by high rise apartments and this floor is low in HK's standard. I can actually see my old apartment here but it's on the nineteen floor with only one more floor on top so it's less nosiy.

The school buses (which are tourist buses in NA) are picking up kids to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.