Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?"

170K views 5K replies 36 participants last post by  arm 
#1 · (Edited)
Part two of the "new" chat thread ;)

Enjoy everyone :D

#101 ·
Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

Nope that's right; good memory!
We bought a retirement place when the economy started tanking here and the housing market in Seattle went bust- perfect timing. So hubs lives out there for the summer and the rest of us fly back and forth. Eldest is hoping to get a job out there for the summer as well so he will have a place to live. And he and hubs drove his 1999 Subaru out there this summer so wheels too!

#102 ·

Nope that's right; good memory!
We bought a retirement place when the economy started tanking here and the housing market in Seattle went bust- perfect timing. So hubs lives out there for the summer and the rest of us fly back and forth. Eldest is hoping to get a job out there for the summer as well so he will have a place to live. And he and hubs drove his 1999 Subaru out there this summer so wheels too!
OMG they drve there! :bounce: :hearts: can I go with them next time? can I? can I? :bounce: How cool! How long did it take them? How many states did they cross? :lol: I'm asking too many questions, sorry. :eek: But ask Lee or star, I love these kind of trips. :hearts: and father/son bounding during it, how cool! movie-like :cool:

My memory is not nearly good enough for a med student. :rolleyes:

#103 ·

OMG they had so much fun together. Pics are up on FB and I can try and put some on here.............

They were in New York, Wisc, Illinois, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Wash. I think that's all.

#107 ·

hmmm here we go?

If it works they won't be up for long so take a peek quick!
I missed it! :( Oh how I envy them! A trip of a lifetime for sure! How long did it take them? One day, I mean it, one day I will take my american raod trip, i will! :D

It was a quite intense time — sadness and joy. We are waiting for you to come back and hope you can get some rest. :hug:

They will both remember that trip and talk about it for the rest of their lives!

They skipped Montana! :speakles:

No other New England states?

Raquel wants to travel everywhere and see everything. :lol: :hug: :hug:
yes I do! :D don't we all? perhaps you could join me in my road trip, whenever it happens? :p

#106 ·

I bet you have to be his friend. Ok time to get the link off, time to make dinner for youngest before he heads out to play tennis :yeah: I will try and post some of the pics when I get the chance.

Hi Star Bye Star :hug;

#113 ·

:lol:
Nate is cute about 5 ft 10 inches but skinny skinny skinny.
Well he wears t shirts in Maine during the winter too;) They were way up in the mountains at that point. I don't think it was all that cold.
It took them about 10-12 days or so. I would have to go back and figure it out and I am too lazy. Some of the pics in South dakota are on land owned by a friend of Steve's who is also a mystery writer as a second career. Her family were first settlers out there and they own lots of land surrounding Mt Rushmore. Her first career- a mining engineer!

Have a wonderful time Star- that sounds like fun.

#114 ·

:lol:
Nate is cute about 5 ft 10 inches but skinny skinny skinny.
Well he wears t shirts in Maine during the winter too;) They were way up in the mountains at that point. I don't think it was all that cold.
It took them about 10-12 days or so. I would have to go back and figure it out and I am too lazy. Some of the pics in South dakota are on land owned by a friend of Steve's who is also a mystery writer as a second career. Her family were first settlers out there and they own lots of land surrounding Mt Rushmore. Her first career- a mining engineer!

Have a wonderful time Star- that sounds like fun.
Nate sounds perfect for Raquel. :inlove:

We don’t want her with someone too tall. Seriously, Nole is way too tall for her.

p.s. The only bad thing about it is that it’s a 6 hour trip (could be longer depending on the route) and I have that stupid broken tailbone that won’t heal. :( :( :(

#117 ·

Nate is cute but ...................too young and jewish for you :p
He eats but he doesn't overeat- good habits!

#118 ·

Nate is cute but ...................too young and jewish for you :p
He eats but he doesn't overeat- good habits!
Too young ideed. :lol: (tahks for making me feel old :bigcry:) But jewish is not a problem for sure. I would have to convert? How does this work? Sorry for the ignorance. :eek:
Some people are just skinny, my sister is like that, she can eat twice as much as I eat and she won't gain a pound. :lol:

You know it took me a while, I was like 17 when I realized how boring my country is in terms of religion! We're all catholics (in terms of backgrounds at least). I only realized that such a huge majority (over 90%) doesn't happen in many other countries in Europe. I wonder why it happens here. It's realted to history obviously, but why didn't other religions reach Portugal? :shrug:

#120 ·

And now we need a Jew or Mormon maybe as president :p

Oh we would not expect the gal of Nate's choice to convert unless she wanted too. We are reform Jews so much more liberal about religion and our place in this world.

#122 ·

And now we need a Jew or Mormon maybe as president :p

Oh we would not expect the gal of Nate's choice to convert unless she wanted too. We are reform Jews so much more liberal about religion and our place in this world.
Let’s skip the Mormon president for awhile, k?

I have to live with all that stuff all the time. I try to ignore it because If I dwell on it, I’d get kind of nutty.

Like this wedding. I can’t go to the wedding because I’m not Mormon. Just to the reception. :lol:

#123 ·

here it's just catholics, really. I never saw a mosque or a synagogue here! No wait, there's a synagogue in Tomar, I remember now.

I was one of many great thing about my year in Budapest, I made at lof of Jew friends (from Israel) and Muslims (from Saudi Arabia and Iran), because a lof of people from these countries go to Budapest t study medicine. And it was really cool, sometimes we would go out 2 catholics (well, that's what my background is anyway), 2 muslims and a few jews! And we would discuss religion, there is just so much you can learn and teach when all the parts are tolerant and willing to share. :D

#129 ·

“level of homosexuality” :haha: :haha: :haha:

Ok. That was good. Hit me with another one. :lol:
Yep, that was the idea. :lol: Like I told you, i was really confused when I read that: should I cry or just laugh? Obviosly they are not going to through with it. Just an idea they had and were dumb enough to share with the press.

Anyway, bed time forportuguese people! 1am here :p

:wavey: :kiss:

#130 ·

Not bedtime for me but I have been on this machine way too long today- off to read or watch tv. Youngest is hanging with a friend so of course no moms allowed for the moment.

And Star could you get rid of the link if you haven't already? Thanks!

#134 ·

You girls chat up a storm while I was suffering in an airplane :p

There were three dogs, two toddlers and one baby in an almost full plane. :lol:
Everytime I fly I look for babies in the plane, if I see one I think "this plane is not crashing, there's a baby here, it would be too mean". :eek:

you're home! :hug: Now REST!

#137 ·

Nothing new; had a day off so spent most of it outside cleaning up the grounds while watching youngest struggle with cutting the grass:p My day was good too. Slumming for a bit before making dinner.

What was your day like?

#139 ·

Nothing new; had a day off so spent most of it outside cleaning up the grounds while watching youngest struggle with cutting the grass:p My day was good too. Slumming for a bit before making dinner.

What was your day like?
I’ve been reading that Jobs might have put off getting conventional treatment for his cancer while pursuing a dietary cure.

I wonder if that’s just that sort of talk that makes us all feel better thinking that if we just do the right thing at the right time, we will never have a bad outcome.

#143 ·

Have a good time; I am watching a doe outside my kitchen window
eating in the woods :inlove: So lovely.

#146 ·

No rest for me :p I made my annual checkup with my GYN month ago, then went grocery shopping as I cleaned out the fridge before leaving. But I am too tired to do any grocery. I ended up taking a nap this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be physical therapist :shrug: I need to make appointment for my screening mammo and bone density check but I don't know if I have the energy for more appointments. :sobbing:

#147 ·

No rest for me :p I made my annual checkup with my GYN month ago, then went grocery shopping as I cleaned out the fridge before leaving. But I am too tired to do any grocery. I ended up taking a nap this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be physical therapist :shrug: I need to make appointment for my screening mammo and bone density check but I don't know if I have the energy for more appointments. :sobbing:
1) Find a way to rest. I mean it. :mad: You're harming yourself, you need to stop and rest!
2) Don't postpone the mammo, that's a very important thing. You do it every year, right?
3) Physical therapy will be better than you think. :hug: it will be ok. :hug:

#149 ·

My therapist did his best twisting and pulling and bending my left arm and shoulder today. The range of movement of my left shoulder improved a lot compared to last week. So more exercises at home.

#150 ·

My therapist did his best twisting and pulling and bending my left arm and shoulder today. The range of movement of my left shoulder improved a lot compared to last week. So more exercises at home.
Yay!

Those exercises really work even though individually they seem kind of ridiculous. :lol:

Sometimes I would get the giggles when the therapist would show me a new one.

Now I have a whole set of new silly exercises that I must get off my duff and do.

#151 ·

:dance: I miss you all girls!

but the lack of Nole & Janko in my life makes me a little sad :sad: hope you're all doing ok!

#153 ·

Girls! How are you doing? Hope someone named Lee has taken some time for herself to rest. :rolleyes:

stary star, satine, sue! hope all is good.

I certainly could be doing better, BUT I could also be doing far worse, so no big reasons to complain or feel pessimistic. ;)

We had lots of cold rain last weekend, and when the clouds cleared the mountains were full of snow.
Those are GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.