Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kiwi's Rotterdam Thread ---> "win a match this week" mission

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Neely 
#1 ·
When is the fogging Rotterdam singles draw finally out???? :eek:

already Saturday evening... :rolleyes:

#3 ·
He needs to win a match this week for his confidence. I personally wanted to strangle him for losing to Beck so easily.

He should have come to the states and play these last 2 weeks, especially not feeling that confident about his game. Last year all his good results came here in the states, why tempt fate and play in Europe instead :( I vision seeing him losing so many points off his ranking :mad:

#4 ·
BTW, last season, I remember, there was an online live broadcast of the tournament available... I hope this year again so that we can see Kiwi!

So far, I didn't see that Eurosport is going to televise from this tournament so I think it's for most of us the only chance to get to see Kiwi on court.

#5 ·
Neely said:
BTW, last season, I remember, there was an online live broadcast of the tournament available... I hope this year again so that we can see Kiwi!

So far, I didn't see that Eurosport is going to televise from this tournament so I think it's for most of us the only chance to get to see Kiwi on court.

yay!!! :dance:

Let me see if I will have any tv coverage......... oh wait! I live in the USA, I don't need to look. Grr. :mad:

#7 ·
Damn, he's playing against Henman! :banghead: :banghead: :fiery:
But maybe he has a little chance because Henman's form isn't too good either...
but anyway, Henman is a strong opponent... at least no Federer in the first round!

But I still don't like it toooo much :rolleyes:
will require huge improvement I guess... not sure if he can go from 20% what he played last week to 90% or 100% within a few days!

#8 ·
Neely said:
There was also a players chat last year with Jarkko and other players, so maybe they will select Kiefer for the players chat this year, if they have it again.

#10 ·
BTW, in case you didn't read it in GM, CooCooCachoo has told us that he has seen Kiwi practising with Davydenko yesterday!
So at least we know from first hand that he is there :angel: ;)

Thanks for info, Martijn! :yeah:

#12 ·
beat Henman now, Kiefer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Kiwi lost 5-7 4-6

Didn't earn a break point the whole match :banghead: :tears: ... but from the scoreline at least he seemed to have played better than against Beck.

*sigh*
we have to wait another week for the first win since Adelaide :sad:

Attachments

#16 ·
I’m really disappointed EuroSport 1 or 2 didn’t show this match tbh…. They usually show Tim’s matches in the UK and instead they had damn WTA on! :mad:
My mum was really looking forward to it as well, I guess we saved ourselves a domestic because I would have been cheering for kiwi :D
Really sad to hear he lost, damn you Tim :(

#17 ·
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/engels/shownews.asp?item=News&subId=news.asp&title=Nieuws overzicht&recid=310&overzicht=0
Henman in top form
15-2-2005 | 23:57:53
Judging by tonight’s performance, Tim Henman has fully recovered from his back injury. The Englishman, who is seeded third, was able to dominate most rallies and consistently produced better shots when it mattered most. He beat Nicolas Kiefer in straight sets: 7-5, 6-4.

“It was a very nice way to start the tournament,” Henman conceded afterwards. “I felt good and managed to win most rallies, which has certainly boosted my confidence. I didn’t feel any pain in my back either, which I am very pleased about. As far as I’m concerned, the season has finally started.”

Henman has trained hard to regain his form over the last few weeks. He even passed up on last week’s tournament in Marseille to save his strength for Rotterdam. And as he demonstrated tonight, he produces some of his best tennis in Ahoy’. He left Kiefer precious few opportunities to get into the match, which drew in a capacity crowd. Henman’s service games were solid despite his opponent’s attempts to unsettle him. The Englishman had to wait until the eleventh game to break Kiefer’s service, allowing him to take the first set 7-5. He again broke the German’s service in the ninth game of the second set. A solid performance that gives Henman a 7-3 lead in the head-to-head.

Also published on Kiwi's homepage is that he joined a fashion show!!! :)
They write that he looked very good next to the models... well, I believe this immediately :drool: :angel: :lol:

would be awesome to get a bigger image of this pic!
I already checked the photo gallery on the tournament webpage and there are indeed more pics of this photographer, Henk Koster,, but I saw none of Kiwi and the fashion show :(

If somebody else finds anything, then please post it! :yeah:

#18 ·
Neely said:
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/engels/shownews.asp?item=News&subId=news.asp&title=Nieuws overzicht&recid=310&overzicht=0

Also published on Kiwi's homepage is that he joined a fashion show!!! :)
They write that he looked very good next to the models... well, I believe this immediately :drool: :angel: :lol:

would be awesome to get a bigger image of this pic!
I already checked the photo gallery on the tournament webpage and there are indeed more pics of this photographer, Henk Koster,, but I saw none of Kiwi and the fashion show :(

If somebody else finds anything, then please post it! :yeah:

:drool: He looks so great! And I love that shirt! I posted a bigger version of this picture over on his Pictures thread :) It was on his website tonight when I looked around :)

:hug:

#23 ·
JMG said:
There are 8 top20 players in Rotterdam. That's all. Kiefer ranking will drop from week 8 to 12.
Damn, you're right. I even counted 9 so far! :eek: Federer, Safin, Agassi, Robredo, Youzhny, Hrbaty, Ljubicic, Lopez, Davydenko

Mary, when I recently told you that Kiwi could be seeded for this tournament I was looking at the entry list which comes out 6 weeks prior to the tournament normally. But for determining the seeds the recent ranking is taken at the time the draw is made. I messed these two things up at the time I was talking to you :banghead:
Therefore Kiwi won't be seeded and could run into a dangerous or very hard opponent again.
Sorry for making you false hopes when saying that he will be seeded and joking around "maybe he gets an Arab qualifier or wildcard in the 1st round" :sad: okay, he still could get a qualifier or a wildcard or another easy opponent even when he is non-seeded, but a bit less likely...

All we can do is hope for a favourable first round match so that he can build up some pace for the rest and gets used again to the feeling of winning a match! ;)

#24 ·
Neely said:
Mary, when I recently told you that Kiwi could be seeded for this tournament I was looking at the entry list which comes out 6 weeks prior to the tournament normally. But for determining the seeds the recent ranking is taken at the time the draw is made. I messed these two things up at the time I was talking to you :banghead:
Therefore Kiwi won't be seeded and could run into a dangerous or very hard opponent again.
Sorry for making you false hopes when saying that he will be seeded and joking around "maybe he gets an Arab qualifier or wildcard in the 1st round" :sad: okay, he still could get a qualifier or a wildcard or another easy opponent even when he is non-seeded, but a bit less likely...

All we can do is hope for a favourable first round match so that he can build up some pace for the rest and gets used again to the feeling of winning a match! ;)

I'll forgive you THIS time ;) :)

I have faith... He got a tough first round this week, so maybe next week the tennis gods will be kind on him and give him someone easy :angel:

#25 ·
His ranking will after the end of this week because he doesn't have any result to make up for the Memphis final points, I think he will be ranked around 28 after this week... Not only will miss the ranking points of Memphis, also Johansson will drop out of Top10 after this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.