Mens Tennis Forums banner

Food thread

37K views 468 replies 61 participants last post by  eliananova 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know why but I guess after speaking about food so much today, I thought I'd like to open a thread regarding food.

Here you guys can feel free to post pics of cracking dishes (that you've searched up or made yourself), and/or post a recipe of your signature dish/es. Can also post thing food related such as anything from cooking shows, experiences, nutritional values of certain ingredients, and even some cooking tips :angel:. Feel free to bring up general discussion about food or food-related stuff as well.

I'll start off with this son of a bitch:

Barbecued Chilli Snapper

See less See more
#36 ·
Meat isn't that expensive in Australia, just depends on where you go and yes major supermarket stuff is crap. That's the same anywhere.

Want expensive food prices go to Japan, Norway, Iceland or Sweden.

#38 ·
No restaurants in Australia.

#39 ·
You racist :eek:. It's like all you foreigners think we live in the bushlands and eat grubs and ride kangaroos to school. :facepalm:.

#40 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802367 said:
Yea you should really great food and go to food trucks stops as well, great fresh cuisines as well:D

LA, New York and Florida have a variety of culture and american cuisines that are amazingly delishious:drool: :drool:

I always wanted to know what aussies eat, do they have resturants too, the only thing i know that they have is OUTBACK steakhouse:drool: :drool:

Only ever been to LA. Always wanted to go to NY. Would be great to compare the quality of food to here in Aus.

LOL :superlol:. Australia is not what you guys think it is :facepalm:. But I guess I tend to think that USA is just a great big lardball. But I understand peeps over there are trying their hardest in getting a healthy regime going :awww:.

#49 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802435 said:
Hmmmmm interesting:scratch:
I love the blooming onion. No onion at any other place comes close.

#51 ·
I love their onions just amazing:drool:

Yeah, but not particularly focused too much on franchises.

We're a multicultural country. There's lots of restaurants, particularly in the city, are opened by people who have a passion for good quality food.
Yea i was fena say like how the hell do Aussies dont have resturants, all countries have resturants whether their advertise or not:haha: :D

#50 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802422 said:
Oh.....:eek: :confused:

Well no one resturant like Red lobster or anything else:unsure:
Yeah, but not particularly focused too much on franchises.

We're a multicultural country. There's lots of restaurants, particularly in the city, are opened by people who have a passion for good quality food. Not the pre-prepared, 10 day old meat in a tub, sitting in the back of the store room :rolleyes: (No offence Dee :sad:).

#52 ·
are opened by people who have a passion for good quality food. Not the pre-prepared, 10 day old meat in a tub, sitting in the back of the store room :rolleyes: (No offence Dee :sad:).
No im not offended at all, its true in most places i went too, but other places i went to they of course have some high quality foods in some resturants, and that they are fresh foods. So yea not offended:)

I watch a show called "Resturant: Impossible" i love that show:hearts: :haha:
This guy goes to different resturants around the country in USA trying to fix failing resturants, with not just with their decor but also their food. I learn alot from that show IMO. :yeah:

#54 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802448 said:
Yea i was fena say like how the hell do Aussies dont have resturants, all countries have resturants whether their advertise or not:haha: :D
Yeah exactly :angel:.

#58 ·
the lobster yeah. my father lived in angola for a few years, loved it at first since for him it was an exotic food he rarely ate, but got fed up soon coz all they eat there is lobster. ate it in every way imaginable but soon started craving for good old sarma.

#59 ·
Great thread :yeah:. Love to cook myself, but naturally with a student's budget you can't buy too expensive ingredients. Still, I prepare a meal with my GF at least once almost every day. Have recently started to prepare Gravlax myself instead of just buying it, love it :yeah:.

Reactions: Vida
#63 ·
Fuck, that looks amazing :drool:. Fill me in with the ingredients bro...

#60 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802430 said:
What the hell are you talking about, ive been to Red lobster for many years, i never not once thought that Red lobster had horrible food, i dunno what Red lobster you went too but the one i went too or should i say many locations i went to in Cali had great food:rolleyes: :facepalm:
Their selling point is that they are all the same. OK, they are cheap. But that means mass-produced frozen blocks of food to be defrosted and prepared McDonald style on an assembly line.

#61 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802452 said:
No im not offended at all, its true in most places i went too, but other places i went to they of course have some high quality foods in some resturants, and that they are fresh foods. So yea not offended:)

I watch a show called "Resturant: Impossible" i love that show:hearts: :haha:
This guy goes to different resturants around the country in USA trying to fix failing resturants, with not just with their decor but also their food. I learn alot from that show IMO. :yeah:
Good to know ;).

Hmm, never heard of the show before. But I know Kitchen Nightmares by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay (Come on, who hasn't heard of this guy :lol:), an extremely similar show. It's hilarious how he goes off his head and starts swearing like crazy when he goes to those restaurants that are like, completely fucked up, crawling with cockroaches, etc, etc :facepalm:. But yeah, it's not particularly "food focused", but more like him making the dishes a bit more...I guess "food friendly", as well as the usual clean up, renovate, etc, etc. But it's cool, I watch it because of the drama. But it hasn't been on in some while. Last time I watched it was like early last year.

#72 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802465 said:
Taco Bell is the worst place i have ever been too in my life, i cant believe i use to love that place:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Taco Bell is great at 2am on exam week :drool:

#76 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11804359 said:
please dont compare red lobster to mc donalds thats the most ridiculous comparison you can ever think of..
Given a choice I would go to McDonalds before R Lobster. McDonalds is just a burger and fries joint, but lobster, shrimp and crab deserve more than a food production line. But since my opinion is formed on one really bad plate of food, I will give it another try next week.

#81 ·
A quote that brings tears to my eyes.

#82 ·
The cheesesticks at Red Lobster alone are worth it :drool:

#83 ·
:superlol: This thread is like: 50% Red Lobster, 50% Other :facepalm:.

#85 ·
Lobsters are delicious. They are meant to be bought while still alive and thrown into boiling water. 3 minutes later, you're enjoying an amazing meal. Same goes for crabs as well. I never understood people going to a glorified takeaway, which most definitely ruin all the taste of a true delicacy. Thus places like "Red Lobster" would definitely be on my ignore list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.