Mens Tennis Forums banner

Italian Tennis

36K views 295 replies 37 participants last post by  Champion number 1 
#1 ·
Instead of individual player threads I think this is easier for me.

Right now our tennis is pretty good. We have 5 inside the top 100 with 2 more ready to break into it.

Volandri is looking good in the top 35, although whether he can get to top 25 or so on seems hard as he is useless on any surface but Clay.

Seppi is slowly moving up the rankings now. Up to 77 and still moving up. Hopefully he can get nearer to 50 by the end of '05

Starace is going downwards and is already down to 94. Hes not in good form so he will need to get his confidence back quickly and surely he will want ton stay in the top 100 this year.

Di Mauro is at 99, but to be honest he is not really a top 100 player. He is not good on the main ATP tour but he has done well to reach his mark.

Sanguinetti in the top 60 is great,m the old man still has legs.

To come.... Bracciali, Aldi, Bolelli and Fognini :worship:

See less See more
#52 ·
eccoci qui, gli italiani alzino la mano!!!!

there we are: italians raise your hand! :wavey:

#53 ·
ciao romana, come stai? io chiamo Francesco, sono un italo-australiano, mio padre nato in castiglione di sicilia (una provinca di catania).

#54 ·
ciccio said:
ciao romana, come stai? io chiamo Francesco, sono un italo-australiano, mio padre nato in castiglione di sicilia (una provinca di catania).
ciao! dalla capitale tutto bene! you're so far away!!! ohhh what a beautiful thing! so do you like italian tennis: you have a strong stomach! ;)

#55 ·
piccola_romana said:
ciao! dalla capitale tutto bene! you're so far away!!! ohhh what a beautiful thing! so do you like italian tennis: you have a strong stomach! ;)
si, io piace tennis italiano. i miei giocatori favoriti sono Bracciali, Sanguinetti, Volandri, Seppi

speriamo che l'italia tovare una giocatori per il top 20, forse bolelli o fognini in 2-3 anni. Volandri era un boun giocatore, pero solo campo clay. (scusa ma mio italiano non era bouna come tuo inglese)

#56 ·
dai non credo che il mio italiano possa essere così buono!

anyway i'm sad when i see italian players, 'cause they seem not competitive. starace for example has a great talent but he is not yet in 100!
and they are too limited to clay court.
now semptember will come and spain will defeat 5 to 0.
quoting kill bill: " spain deserve her victory and we deserve to loose!" :sad:

#57 ·
Daniele won the final qualifying round for the uso 7-6 7-6 :bounce:

#58 ·
Hi Éowyn :wavey: How are you?

Yesterday I was so happy that Daniele finaly won against Berrer and he is now in the main draw. :bigclap: But his opponent in the 1st round is my favorite Tommy... :mad:

In Germany only Eurosport show us USO and I don't think that they'll show us this match. Will any Italian TV broadcast USO? I can catch RAI1, RAI2, RAI3, RaiSportSat...and some more. But if they'll play on court without TV cameras, we won't watch the match anyhow...

#59 · (Edited)
WinterDreams said:
Hi Éowyn :wavey: How are you?

Yesterday I was so happy that Daniele finaly won against Berrer and he is now in the main draw. :bigclap: But his opponent in the 1st round is my favorite Tommy... :mad:

In Germany only Eurosport show us USO and I don't think that they'll show us this match. Will any Italian TV broadcast USO? I can catch RAI1, RAI2, RAI3, RaiSportSat...and some more. But if they'll play on court without TV cameras, we won't watch the match anyhow...
sorry but in italy too we'll see uso only on eurosport....

#61 ·
we get it on interactive we get 5 court coverage so we can choose our match

i didn't realise he had tommy though that sucks :sad:

#62 ·
WinterDreams said:
Thanks a lot for your information, piccola_romana!
It's a shame...
it isn't a shame...in italy no one watch tennis so free to air television cannot buy the rights to see tennis matches... and also satellite television did not buy them because the uso are playing when in italy is night,so few people watch them.

#64 ·
piccola_romana said:
it isn't a shame...in italy no one watch tennis so free to air television cannot buy the rights to see tennis matches... and also satellite television did not buy them because the uso are playing when in italy is night,so few people watch them.
Sorry, if I useed a incorrect word with "shame". I wanted to say "It's a pity!" I hope you'll understand what I mean.

In Germany every year less tennis matches are showed. Broadcasters say "tennis is dead!" because there is no top-ten player in Germany now. Until last year the pay-tv showed us only 2-3 hours every day, but all of Masters Series. But this year they showed us only the Masters in Hamburg and the tournament in Stuttgart. Now they show more football, golf, basketball, F1... I understand it's very expensive to buy rights for broadcasting of tennis. But it's a pity...

#65 ·
daniele play tommy robby on court 6 tomorrow which looking at the clock now actually means it's today

#66 ·
WinterDreams said:
Sorry, if I useed a incorrect word with "shame". I wanted to say "It's a pity!" I hope you'll understand what I mean.

In Germany every year less tennis matches are showed. Broadcasters say "tennis is dead!" because there is no top-ten player in Germany now. Until last year the pay-tv showed us only 2-3 hours every day, but all of Masters Series. But this year they showed us only the Masters in Hamburg and the tournament in Stuttgart. Now they show more football, golf, basketball, F1... I understand it's very expensive to buy rights for broadcasting of tennis. But it's a pity...
i understand you..in italy we have no tennis in free-to-air television: neither davis cup! if you want to watch tennis you must subscribe to satellite television and you can see: all master series tournaments, an interactive version of wimbledon (8 court coverage! :worship: ) and some minor tournamet like bastad. and also you can see what eurosport shows.
it is a good offer, but you have to pay it a lot!
but this year a free-to-air television channel showed the last matches from rome masters. what an audience they had! maybe something will change...

#67 ·
and i'm really disappointed by flavia pennetta...she has to speak less spanish and try to be a champion! i think she is a good tennisplayer, top ten...but she is too taken by her role of Carlos Moya's girlfirend! :devil:

#68 ·
well done Davide, great win against the Paradorn, hopefully he can beat nalbandian

#69 · (Edited)
In Bucharest

Primo turno(1st round)
(4)Victor Hanescu (ROM) b. Potito Starace (ITA) 63 62
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) b. Razvan Sabau (ROM) 64 63
(2)Filippo Volandri (ITA) b. Tomas Behrend (GER) 62 64

Secondo turno(2nd round)
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs (4)Victor Hanescu (ROM)
(2)Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs Florent Serra (FRA)

#70 ·
ok i have to say: volandri f@@@ you, starace f@@@ you.

dear filo, please would you play (and loose) davis cup without asking 25000 € only to play? greedy!

dear poto, wow you have won a challenge! what a great player you are! could you beat hanescu? oh you can't? you are a loser!

#71 ·
piccola_romana said:
ok i have to say: volandri f@@@ you, starace f@@@ you.

dear filo, please would you play (and loose) davis cup without asking 25000 € only to play? greedy!

dear poto, wow you have won a challenge! what a great player you are! could you beat hanescu? oh you can't? you are a loser!
can u please tell me what the hell is going on with this italian davis cup team. How come volandri and sanguinetti aren't playing?

Ok Bracciali and Galimberti in the doubles is expected but for singles i would of expected Volandri and either Davide or Andreas. What is going on?

#72 ·
ciccio said:
can u please tell me what the hell is going on with this italian davis cup team. How come volandri and sanguinetti aren't playing?

Ok Bracciali and Galimberti in the doubles is expected but for singles i would of expected Volandri and either Davide or Andreas. What is going on?
it is a simple problem:
1) our strongest ( :eek: ) player is a clay player...volandri.
2) the others players prefer clay to fast court (starace and seppi)
3) the spain isn't strong on clay, she has weak players, nadal? who's nadal?
the obviuos thing to do is choose clay. :confused:

then sanguinetti is too old, bracciali cannot play on clay...and this is italian strategy to win (?) davis cup: volandri, starace, seppi, galimberti.

then due to players greedy (they asked 25000 € more each one only to play) FIT decided to talk to players: starace, seppi, galimberti accepted 18750 € each without asking more, but volandri not! he is our best player and he wants to be paid 25000 €!
so barazutti, our captain, and FIT decided to not call volandri and call bracciali.

if from the start FIT decided to play on fast court and call (instead of volandri and starace) sanguinetti and bracciali, maybe we would have a little chanche to wi against spain!

#73 ·
piccola_romana said:
it is a simple problem:
1) our strongest ( :eek: ) player is a clay player...volandri.
2) the others players prefer clay to fast court (starace and seppi)
3) the spain isn't strong on clay, she has weak players, nadal? who's nadal?
the obviuos thing to do is choose clay. :confused:

then sanguinetti is too old, bracciali cannot play on clay...and this is italian strategy to win (?) davis cup: volandri, starace, seppi, galimberti.

then due to players greedy (they asked 25000 € more each one only to play) FIT decided to talk to players: starace, seppi, galimberti accepted 18750 € each without asking more, but volandri not! he is our best player and he wants to be paid 25000 €!
so barazutti, our captain, and FIT decided to not call volandri and call bracciali.

if from the start FIT decided to play on fast court and call (instead of volandri and starace) sanguinetti and bracciali, maybe we would have a little chanche to wi against spain!
i carn't believe volandri did that, that is no respect for the country. They shouldn't have to be paid anything to play davis cup, it should be considered an honour to represent your country.

In terms of the court, i agree, we should of played in milan on an indoor court with Bracciali, Sanguinetti as the singles players and braccialli and galimberti for the doubles.

#74 ·
ciccio said:
i carn't believe volandri did that, that is no respect for the country. They shouldn't have to be paid anything to play davis cup, it should be considered an honour to represent your country.

In terms of the court, i agree, we should of played in milan on an indoor court with Bracciali, Sanguinetti as the singles players and braccialli and galimberti for the doubles.
italy: the country of contradiction.....

#75 ·
phillipousis ha fatto la stesa cosa per la squadra australiana, ma io non pensato che fillipo e come phillipousis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.