Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Tomic

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Dodig

Votes: 8 21.1%

WWW: 1st Round Memphis 500 - [8] Bernard Tomic (AUS) vs Ivan Dodig (CRO)

2K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  v-money 
#1 ·
1st installment of many between these two giants of the game...

#2 ·
Interesting matchup really. Dodig has experienced a letdown of sorts so far this year which is understandable given how much he overachieved the last season or so. The man will still fight his balls off though, that much is never in doubt. B-Nard has been chilling at NBA games and looking for some new wheels for when he bases himself over in Monaco for the start of the European clay/grass swing.

To put it simply, the match will be on B-Nard's racquet, whether he bothers to show up or not, that is the real question.

Ajde.

#3 ·
yeah i agree it is on the nardoggs racquet... this is the sort of cage match dodig usually turns up for even when he is meant to be at his brothers funeral... match could go like 75 in the first followed by dodig taking bernie for a trip to the bakery in the second... i probably wouldn't like to be in a cage match with dodig though either it should be said...

#4 ·
Yeah if Ballsdig wins a tight drawn out opening set I'm not sure if B-Nard will have the motivation to get up for the start of the second and then it will subsequently slip away from him. Especially if there are any good concerts in Memphis that night...

Ajde.

#5 ·
The real question is is the real Mr Memphis playing Memphis this year?

Ajde.

#7 ·
dodig is off to a lousy start this season and those singles losses in dc probably dealt a heavy blow to his confidence. he’ll have to serve lights out to make this competitive. bernie in straights.

#26 ·
So far in Bernie's career, he has had no obvious bad match ups. Let's see how he handles balls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.