Not open for further replies.

USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2

95K views 984 replies 340 participants last post by  zdravkelja 
#1 ·
Murray confirms his place as one of the greats of the modern game

Well done Andy.

What a summer for British sport.

#85 ·
I'm a bit peeved. Djokovic got my hopes up too high last year. I fully expect Murray to get another slam or two next year and become #1.

While Murray had a lot of luck this tournament, the luck will would have greatly increased his confidence. Fully expect him to come back at the slams next year and go all out at them

Djokovic... What can I say. I can't believe you were pushing on your own serve. Yes, you have good defence. Yes, you want to wait for an opportunity. Seriously though? Fucking weak tactic against Murray. You know Murray's game inside out, how can you lose to him when you've beaten him easily before? Go out there on the practice courts and do serve and volleys. Over and over and over again. You need more aggression on your service game.

Playing so weak in the tie-breaker? God, where has all your power gone in these tight situations? Losing another set 5-7. How many has that been this year? Giving in after a comeback? Disgusting. Sort out your mental game.

#86 ·
Glad that Murray didn't lose it after 2-0, wouldn't have wanted to watch him after that. The less to be said about the match the better. :facepalm:

Federer maintains a gap in the rankings. :bigclap:

#94 ·
I am crying

first time ever in sport

thank you andy :sobbing:

Reactions: Sri
#96 ·
:eek: horrid result result for mens tennis and it died today so much pushing wozniacki plays more aggresively,

Well done to Murray at least he won a slam, I am not sure he will win another.

I was supporting nole today But I really do not like either of them and it was an awful final.

Mark Petchey gets the twat of the day award for such comments as 'best final in grand slam history' 'murray playing the best tennis of his life' why does he just not go and bum murray hes so in love with him its sickening... :eek:

This post has been deleted
#109 ·
Despicable result, every grand slam trophy will be forever tainted after this win. Mandy does not deserve a slam, this is 2003 USO all over again with USTA favoring a particular player because they hate another. Djokovic forced to play back to back matches while Mandy played with her dolls and drank warm milk during that time. Pathetic. I dislike Mugray even more now if that's at all possible. Watch Sapeclown come in here and proclaim that the pusher will win 20 slams now :facepalm: This USO has been an epic fail, Hopefully Mandy doesn't come close to a final in AO.

Reactions: LastRocket
#114 ·
Finally Murray does it and well deserved win. Fergie, Sean Connery, Robert Carlyle, Willy the Groundskeeper are loving it.

Excellent speech from Djokovic and Lendl almost cracked a smile. Doesn't matter about the quality of the match Murray got that Slam made sense it was at the US Open less pressure there than at Wimbledon.

#116 ·
congrats to andy for the first GS! nole come back next year stronger :yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.