Mens Tennis Forums banner

Canadian Juniors

22K views 143 replies 17 participants last post by  Transcender 
#1 ·
Now that Tennis Canada has the National Training Centre, and our juniors are starting to make a scene on the world stage, I feel that a thread specifically for the juniors would be appropriate.

Currently we have only 1 player in the Top 100

84. Peliwo
155. Nguyen
228. di Feo
229. Schnur
286. Monette
367. du Toit
383. Bednarczyk

I feel that Peliwo, Schnur and di Feo will be able to increase their ranking in the next month at Yucatan, Eddie Herr and the Orange Bowl, and will be serious competitors next year.

#70 ·
Filip:woohoo:

Another Unseeded player in the semis. He'll get a seed should he make the final though

(sorry for just refering to the seeds of the players which sometimes doesn't mean a whole lot, I don't know much about the players themselves)

#77 ·
From Tebbutt's blog:

I have not spoken much to Peliwo but I discovered a few things on Thursday – that he is of entirely Polish ancestry, that his nickname is “Pepe” and that he has had tennis scholarship offers from USC and UCLA (among others) but is pretty sure he’s going to turn pro instead.

#86 ·
It works now, they took away the banner link that opens the popup window that didn't work, and just use the one in the right margin (then you maximize to full screen)

#88 ·
He was ranked 21st in the world at the time the seedings were made so that's why he's not seeded. Then the new rankings came out and he moved up to 7th due to his win last week but the seedings were already made so he wasn't seeded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.