(8) Blake Mott Def Matthew Tanza 6-2 4-6 6-3

#4 · (Edited)
Group C

(5) Bradley Mousley Def Akira Santillan 6-4 5-7 6-4
(3) Jack Schipanski Def Nick Horton 6-3 6-2
(5) Bradley Mousley Def (3) Jack Schipanski 6-4 5-7 7-5
Akira Santillan Def Nick Horton 0-6 7-6(4) 6-2
Akira Santillan Def (3) Jack Schipanski 2-6 6-3 6-3
(5) Bradley Mousley Def Nick Horton 1-6 6-3 7-6(6)

#5 · (Edited)
GROUP D

(6) Omar Jaiska Def Jordan Thompson 7-6(2) 7-5
Jay Andrijic Def (4) Jacob Grills 7-6(4) 5-7 6-3
Jordan Thompson Def (4) Jacob Grills 6-2 7-6(3)
Jay Andrijic Def (6) Omar Jaiska 6-4 6-4
(6) Omar Jaiska Def (4) Jacob Grills 7-6(2) 6-3
Jay Andrijic Def Jordan Thompson 3-6 7-5 6-4

#17 ·
I think both of you make valid points.

The jones meltdown proves our guys need more practice playing that format leading into January... but..... Im not sold on the idea of all matches at the WC being 5 sets... perhaps semis and finals would have been enough...

Every player is different, great to see Millman concentrating on some rest and a decent training block...while for others the more matches they can get here the better...

Moving on, shall be interesting to see who makes the final spots that are available...

#20 · (Edited)
#26 ·
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I wonder if Duckworth does not feel he is ready for 5 set matches at this point. As for Bolt I have no idea why he was not selected? Obviously not a TA favourite.....interesting that Brydan Klein has made yet another Futures final. This time in Indonesia and won the doubles with Propoggia. I wonder if TA will ever forgive him? As for Jason Kubler I have no idea. Some very odd omissions from the men's field for sure.

#27 ·
Berman is also in Hong Kong, but who knows if he is American/Australian/New Zealander/South African. i think he played in one of the playoffs a few years ago though? maybe Duckworth just wanted to score some points for his ranking since he hasn't played for a while, and you'd think he's a good chance for a wildcard in January anyway...

#28 ·
Duckworth has just come of injury - surgery of some sort and was deemed by TA not to be fit enough for 5 sets. Why they sent him to Indonesia is anyones guess.

#33 ·
Pity JP has to play Reid, just like it was a pity he had to play Jones so early (that shoulda been the final imo).
Barring injury, JP should take this out.
Go the Jipper

Reactions: azza
#35 ·
a bit of an upset in the first semi with Reid beating JP in four sets, something like 6-3 6-4 4-6 6-3. and then the massive, five hour five setter with Barton and Mitchell, ending up 6-3 7-6 6-7 3-6 9-7 to Ben. Barton struggled at the end of the second and start of the third with a line call against him on his set point at 6-5, losing the tiebreak and then going down 3-0 in the thrid, so he did well to turn it around from there. and then the big celebration from Mitchell at the end, he was pumped!

i'll be going for Mitchell tomorrow in the final, hopefully he recovers well and is able to back it up tomorrow. anyway a good test of his fitness today at least, he proved he can go all the way into the fifth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.