Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

163K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  RustyOz 
#1 ·
A place to cheer for Peter Luczak!
Go baby! ;)

Reactions: chewy
#953 ·
Not great but he won Luczak 4-6 6-3 7-6 (1)

#957 · (Edited)
He has 220 points left to defend this year. The difference between his ranking and number 100 in the world is about 200 points so Pete should stay inside the top 100 and gain direct acceptance into the Australian Open next year. I'd really like him to win another challenger or two this year so that he stays around the 60 mark and hopefully gets direct entrance into Brisbane and Sydney.

If he wins the challenger this week he can jump as high as 58! thats huge really if you think about where his ranking was earlier this year.

#958 ·
Well I think he is going to be at a career high ranking after this Challenger, so really this year has been a huge success. It is always difficult to come back after a long break with injury - but solid results on the challenger circuit will always insure a decent ranking. The goal is to keep playing well, and the ranking will certainly be good enough to gain direct entrance to the AO.

#959 ·
Of course Matchu only showing up when Luczak is doing well and ranting about rankings.

Well he will make it directly at the AO, he has another challenger in Tarragona before he goes off the clay, where it will be harder for him, but the ranking will look after itself.

#961 ·
Luczak 7-5 6-2

Much better performance today, after he lost his serve at 3-4, he broke back straight away.

He won 6 games in a row from 5-5, and got a QF spot.

#963 ·
Ungur is up next.

#967 ·
Last clay event for the year in Catalonia.

Peter Luczak AUS [1] vs. Martin Fischer AUT
Vincent Millot FRA vs. David Valeriano ESP [WC]
Iñigo Cervantes-Huegun ESP [WC] vs. QUALIFIER
Jan Hajek CZE [7] vs. Tomas Tenconi ITA

Marcel Granollers ESP [3] vs. Alessio Di Mauro ITA
Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT vs. QUALIFIER
Jean-René Lisnard MON vs. Flavio Cipolla ITA
Daniel Gimeno-Traver ESP [6] vs. Yuri Schukin KAZ

Lamine Ouahab ALG [8] vs. Dustin Brown JAM
QUALIFIER vs. QUALIFIER
Kevin Anderson RSA vs. Antonio Veic CRO
Alberto Martin ESP [4] vs. Sergio Gutierrez-Ferrol ESP [WC]

Paolo Lorenzi ITA [5] vs. Pablo Andujar ESP
Joseph Sirianni AUS vs. Ivan Navarro ESP
Pere Riba ESP vs. Marco Crugnola ITA
Oscar Hernandez ESP [2] vs. Arnau Brugues-Davi ESP [WC]

#969 ·
Pete won 6-3 4-6 7-6 (5)

Not a great showing, up and down big time up a break in the 3rd set, somehow lets it get to the breaker. He was down 3-5 in TB.

#971 ·
Pete has 220 points to defend over the next three weeks. He can fall as low as 95 in the world but with no more points to defend for the rest of the year he will be playing the Australian Open main draw next year. I'm hoping he can maintain his ranking around the 60-70 mark so that he has a chance of direct entry into the Brisbane and Sydney. Would be awesome if Pete finished the year around 70 in the world.

Funny that if he wins this week he will go to 55 in the world but is going to drop a lot very soon. Where is he playing after this week?

#972 ·
We are aware of the points situation thanks and don't need reminding of it all the time. He won a lot in South America last year these points come off eventually, funny how the 52 week rolling system works like that.

Sydney and Brisbane are irrelevant, direct entry into the Aus Open is the goal, he will do that and he play qualies at the other events, to get him practice.

#973 ·
really? you think every single person that reads pete's thread knows exactly how much he has to defend and when and where his ranking will be? I'm just updating, if you dont want to see it dont read my posts. Sydney and Brisbane are very relevant, besides the Australian Open it will basically be his only chance to win points at home and if you knew anything you would know he loves playing in and for Australia.

Get off my back man jeez.

#976 ·
Sydney and Brisbane are irrelevant, direct entry into the Aus Open is the goal, he will do that and he play qualies at the other events, to get him practice.
exactly, Australian Open direct entry is the clear goal, Sydney and Brisbane would probably help him to be in qualies for match practice. I'm sure winning a main draw match at AO is much more improtant than winning one at the warm-up tourneys.

Good Luck tonight Pete

#977 ·
Well he will make the AO and finish the year in the top 100 and that was the goal for the end of 2009. Next year things change as he will be able to play the South American clay events after the AO and has to win at that level.

Winning matches at the AO are the key, even if he played qualies in Syd/Brisvegas, making the main draw is worth more than a 1st round loss.

#975 ·
Pete is back on court today, he is last match on against Millot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.