Mens Tennis Forums banner

Was nadal hardcourt season a fluke???

5K views 114 replies 46 participants last post by  TennisSavior 
#1 ·
I ask this question because of the way nadal perform at the end of the season and the fact that novak was below par on hardcourts this season fed had his worse season in a decade and he didn't play murray ??

#2 · (Edited)
Of course it was. Nole was disgraceful yet barely lost Montreal and should have won US Open 3rd set. The fact Dull has any wins on grass or HC is a disgrace.

More cheating is ahead with the change of balls at AO now. They don't even try and hide the manipulation. Good players like Nole, Fed and even injured Darcis don't need luck, mind games or everything to be in their favour.

50% injured Nole destroyed peak HC Nadal in 2011 and barely walking Nole schooled him at AO 2012. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: DjokoKing
#3 ·
I've been unsure whether or not I should post this but I may as well speak my mind cause it's the TRUTH.

Nadal got lucky this year. Novak was not at his best during the US hardcourt summer. What you saw of Nole at the end of the year (i.e. his true level) was what we should expect to see more of in 2014.

It could be like 2011 all over again! :wavey:

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

#5 ·
feel the same way I think his hardcourt season was a fluke

#91 ·
why don't you have some tact and give credit where credit is due?

Nadal's successful hard court is not all due to players doing BADLY, it's due to his game being very GOOD as well

#9 ·
I wouldn't call winning 3 auzzie title in a row fluke and im just pointing out that nole was below par on hardcourts fed had his worse season in a decade and he didn't play murray

#10 ·
It sure had the resemblance of one. Barely scraping by Grandpa Fed, then Bendych and USner for Cincinnati title? SMH

#13 ·
:eek: so I see u agree

#16 ·
take a chill pill :wavey:

#26 ·
All luck this Nadal. Plays tennis at a time when noses are considered goats and acrobats eat grass.

Reactions: Franie
#35 ·
Also,you cannot call a HC season as fluke since he didn't face Nole/Murray.If you go by that logic,a ton of Slams and Masters titles would have to be labelled as flukes like Fed's RG for example.

IW - Del po
Montreal - Nole
Cincy - Fed/Isner.
USO - Nole.

That's quite an interesting list of scalps although i would say he would have lost in IW against a fresh Del po.

#39 ·
Also,you cannot call a HC season as fluke since he didn't face Nole/Murray.If you go by that logic,a ton of Slams and Masters titles would have to be labelled as flukes like Fed's RG for example.

IW - Del po
Montreal - Nole
Cincy - Fed/Isner.
USO - Nole.

That's quite an interesting list of scalps although i would say he would have lost in IW against a fresh Del po.
:confused: delpo beat murray and nole at iw
nole won back 2 back Toronto
uso nole has made the finals 5times

#44 ·
you came in here to say this

#45 · (Edited)
Rabid dulltards/DJOKO KING haters out in full force.Nid.mugavi,mugiath,KIDies & el tardos in chief gsmDULL doing what their fallen idol does the best,playing dirty & cheating.
Of course it was fluke.dull should build a shrine where he´ll bow & bring gifts to Godovic who was so merciful to him.

#48 ·
as epic as your post

#51 ·
:haha: Boy, it must still hurt when you sit down. Rafa has been ruining the lives of pathetic haters like you for almost 10 years now :devil:

Reactions: Mountaindewslave
#60 ·
another defensive insecure nadal fan.....:banghead: you cant say anything without getting attacked

#54 ·
3HC and 1 GS a fluke? Thats desperation at its worst. Yes its a slow time of year but to bring this up before xmas is patetic.

You dont do what Rafa did just by luck or oponents sub par like a willy likes to point out. Seriously?

I dont need to tell Rafa story past 13-14 months because we all know and read about it.

Yet he came back and did everything he did while for some its a lump in your throat, mostly because Nolistas and Federista amd Mugsistas thought they had a clear shot at RG and other GS 2013.

But problem was Rafa came stronger then ever, even changed his way of play sometimes ( while another GOAT never did wont or will change his playing style). But maybe for the other big 3 the were over confindent about this.

Rafa had a goal in HC season and did all 3. Nº1 was up for grabs withou needing to win anything else. Beijing is Noles playground so final points would be enough. Same for shangai and wtf. Plus Rafa didnt want or needed to win those or 2014 he would be in big trouble to defend all those points later on the year.

Rafa´s season has always been from January till end usopen, the rest of the year only importance is DC.

Reactions: Mountaindewslave
#58 ·
:rolleyes: you nadal fans are so defensive if somebody post something you don't like you attack them.....I wonder whats so pathetic about the thread he never had such a great HC season and novak did underperform on HC fed did had his worse season in a decade and he didn't play murray.....you nadal fans need to stop think everybody hates him because somebody post something u don't like... :angel:

#56 ·
:confused:like what

#57 ·
I mean it is tough to call it a fluke as this has been Nadal's M.O. in the 2nd half of his career.

Winning big tournaments, everything is going good, boom, big loss in a slam, miss some time w/ injury, come back and win again, get injured again, come back and win more, etc.

Question is, how much sand is left in the hourglass?

#61 ·
the players underperform a lot nadal did play well but not so much his high level the reason he had this hc season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.