Mens Tennis Forums banner

Jamie Baker

17K views 126 replies 33 participants last post by  briefly 
#1 ·
Time to start a thread on another of the Scots. I know he was in a futures final in the US yesterday but I cannot find futures results anywhere. Can anyone help? Did he win?

#59 ·
But Jamie has made the final of Sunderland futures this week.

Including revenge against Wolmarans :banana:

A 3 set win over last week's runner up Sandbichler :banana:

He faces Frenchman Gary Lugassy in Saturday's final.

Lugassy won in Jersey last week.

Jamie is up into the top 250 again for when the rankings are next updated after Miami. (cos futures take an extra week to register for some reason)

Far as I know he's in Bath next week

#63 ·
Jamie met the queen yesterday and is training with Greg Rusedski and the Davis Cup boys this week in preparation for next week's tie.

He is unlikely to make the final team this time as Henman is back but is hoping to really impress John Lloyd, the ocach, and get himself firmly in the frame for future ties.

Its nice to see him having these weeks at Davis Cup because if he played tournaments to boost his ranking he'd lose the points next year when he's a fairly likely to be pushing for Davis Cup Team selection rather than just the squad

#70 ·
Jamie then lost to Boggo, but qualified for Nottingham beating Guccione on the way but lost R1 and then to Edouard Roger Vasselin at Wimbly.

Platued at 230-odd. Good chance for some easier points in Dublin Challenger this coming week. Lets see if he can capitalise...

#71 ·
so cool~~~~

#76 ·
Jamie qualified to play in the Bronx Challenger where he lost in the 1st round to Peter Wessels. The match was really exciting and Jamie really impressed me. He could have easily won the match.

Attachments

#77 ·
Here are some pictures from Jamie's 1st round qualifying match against Brendan Evans today.

He played pretty well except in the 3rd set he was broken when serving for the match the first time. Thank goodness he had an insurance break :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.