Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Grass is Always Greener on Gilou's Court - 2011

23K views 431 replies 19 participants last post by  lalaland 
#1 ·
The grass season thread is already here while Gilou can enjoy some quality time with his family and friends.

:cheerleader: Allez Gilles! :cheerleader: at
06-12 June: Queens #12
12-18 June: ?
20-3 June/July: Wimbledon #19

#2 ·
:yeah: Kezzi. Great title.

Hopefully he does well enough in Queen's to get prepared, more importantly is a good draw (please, tennis god). He's currently at 16, so the chance of him remaining at 16 for seeding and actually ends up as 16th seed is quite high. However, looking at the players at 17-24th ranked (DelPo and Nalby :scared:), I think 9-16 ranked players maybe easier to play against at the moment :lol:. And lots of dangerous floaters, Dr Ivo/Isner to name a few... ah, well, we'll see.

Allez Gilles, hopes he mows the lawn/wipes the floor ;) with the competition .

#3 ·
Love the thread title Kezzi! :) I hope it brings him luck ;) I'm with you lala, kind draws would be lovely!

My favourite time of the tennis year :D I may even be going to Wimbledon this year if i'm lucky! :D I would go to queens too but it's right in the middle of my final exams :sad: it's hard knowing all my favourites will be playing just two hours away and I can't go, it's tempting, but i really shouldn't. (Like lala I have never seen Gilles irl :p) I won't be moaning about tv coverage with these tourneys though :woohoo:

Allez Gilles!! Let's start with a title!! .. too much to ask? :p

#8 ·
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/311/mds.pdf

Draw for Queens is up. Gilles pulled a dangerous floater in the third round - Delpo!! :sad: It's a really strong draw so I guess nothing would have been easy.
Possible second round meeting with Gulbis, shouldn't be a problem..
I love it when Gilles gets byes :p
Allez Gillou!

#9 ·
[1] Rafael Nadal (ESP) bye
Qualifier - Somdev Devvarman (IND)
Radek Stepanek (CZE) - Go Soeda (JPN)
Ryan Sweeting (USA) - [16] Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)

[10] Michael Llodra (FRA) - Jaroslav Pospisil (CZE)
Julien Benneteau (FRA) - Daniel Brands (GER)
Michael Berrer (GER) - [WC] Ryan Harrison (USA)
[5] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) bye

[4] Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) bye
[WC] Daniel Cox (GBR) - [WC] James Ward (GBR)
Rainer Schuettler (GER) - Qualifier
Kei Nishikori (JPN) - [13] Sam Querrey (USA)

[12] Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) - Denis Istomin (UZB)
Alex Jr. Bogomolov (USA) - Igor Kunitsyn (RUS)
Adrian Mannarino (FRA) - Ernests Gulbis (LAT)
[6] Gilles Simon (FRA) bye

Gilles' half of the draw.

#13 ·
About Mannarino in grass, i dont think he is very good on grass, in 2010 he has Q3 in Wimbledon as best result( l. to Huta Galung) and SF in Nottingham CH(l. to Berankis). In 2009 qualified to Wimbly and lost in R1 and advanced to Q3 in Queens and QF in Nottingham. I think it should be a routine win for Gilles, but Mannarino is french, and Gilles struggles against them, but he defeated Chardy last week in RG.

#15 ·
Just been watching Queens, cameras have been on Murray on the practise courts and Gillou is on the one behind. Seems to be sharing a court with Delpo, Stepanek and Turnsunov (i think) plus all their coaches...crowded court!! He looked happy :p

#17 ·
I know it was just before the Nishikori/Querrey match, but I was watching BBC2. They might have still shown it on ES though :)

#22 ·
Allez Gilles, defeat Mannarino and play well. Also if he gets past Delpo the draw is open, the QF would be against Ward or Querrey, which comes in a terrible form. Wawa was upsetted by Ward

#23 ·
Grrr, Gillou 4th on court 1. No stream. Ah well, good luck to him against the young frenchie, Mannarino has been a bit variable lately, I think a Gulbis win, however, isn't that threatening :p. But we shall see, Allez!!

#25 ·
Battle of the light-weights ;). Adrian same height as Gilles and 4kg lighter according to his ATP bio.

Too bad no stream, I would love to see these 2. Flyboy said Adrian is a good grass player, I have no idea cos I never saw him play on grass. Anyhow, Allez Gilles!

#26 ·
I'm pretty sure they don't even have cameras on court 1, i've only ever seen centre court matches, but i may be wrong :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.