Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AO R4: Novak Djokovic def Stan Wawrinka 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

66K views 900 replies 264 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 ·
Djokovic successfully denied Wawrinka in a five set heartbreaking thriller.

Maybe the best performance in Wawa's career so far, regardless of the outcome. :worship::worship:

#338 ·
Re: AO R4:Novak Clutchovic def Stan 'da man' 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

Lacko, it was *very* in. It wasn't close. It didn't 'clip' the lines. The ball was all the way in with significant space. Terrible, terrible call, and it's why Hawkeye is there in the first place!

#350 ·

Lacko, it was *very* in. It wasn't close. It didn't 'clip' the lines. The ball was all the way in with significant space. Terrible, terrible call, and it's why Hawkeye is there in the first place!
And Stan decided not to challenge :lol:

You can't hold his hand and walk him through the match :lol:

#342 ·

Reactions: SerialKillerToBe
#343 ·

So i wanna check the facts, clearly if Molina thought it was "IN" he would have overruled it clearly by the amount of overrules he made in the match, so why the hell does Wawrinka even ask the umpire, for the people that have wrong brains here i hope you can think of that. And i didn't know Wawrinka was tied up and told not to challenge.

#366 ·

So i wanna check the facts, clearly if Molina thought it was "IN" he would have overruled it clearly by the amount of overrules he made in the match, so why the hell does Wawrinka even ask the umpire, for the people that have wrong brains here i hope you can think of that. And i didn't know Wawrinka was tied up and told not to challenge.
Wawrinka asked Molina for his opinion.

If Molina had said "it is too close for me to overrule" then Wawrinka would have probably challenged. But Molina said that it was definitely out.

Stan could have challenged, but I don't really blame him when he only had one left and the umpire was so certain.

#349 ·

#352 ·

Look at the video above. But of course you'll tell that was not cheating. Why? Because truth doesn't matter for you. And stop pretending otherwise.
Your best argument against, "Nole is a cheater", is to argue, "Hey look, Federer is a cheater too!" Really? Terrible argument. Glad you're siding with me here in condemning Nole's cheating.

#353 ·

I liked Stan revving the crowd up when he won a key point. He really seemed to be enjoying himself in the last set, and the fans appreciated it.

Observation - Djokovic definitely gets sooky when he's not the crowd favourite. If I was playing him I'd be doing the Jimmy Connors act at every opportunity, it clearly gets into his head.

#360 ·

Nole the pointer, in conjunction with his paid up team member Molina, get him over the line :lol:

amazing unsportsmanlike thing to do from Pointovic

#362 ·

You can't hold his hand and walk him through the match
After Molina outright lied to him. It's just not right. I'm sorry. If you instruct a player not to challenge because you are sure, then it's your reputation that's on the line here. Molina was wrong - and there should be consequences for it. Hopefully Molina's officiated his last game here at the Australian Open.

#374 ·

After Molina outright lied to him. It's just not right. I'm sorry. If you instruct a player not to challenge because you are sure, then it's your reputation that's on the line here. Molina was wrong - and there should be consequences for it. Hopefully Molina's officiated his last game here at the Australian Open.
:spit:

1) How do you know he LIED? Because you BELIEVE he knew that the ball was in?
2) Molina isn't going to hold his hand, either. It's the player's responsibility to challenge. :wavey:

Dumping the blame on Molina is cheap. He thought the ball was out and you can't prove otherwise :cool:

#363 ·

I remember one point when Nole hit the line and linesman said out on Stan's serve. Wawrinka returned that ball but Djokovic had it on racquet again. HE WAS ROBBED IN THAT SITUATION BUT NO ONE OF THIS HATERS DONT SAY ANTYHING ABOUT IT.

Thats why they are tards and haters.

Because they cant be objective.

#397 ·

I remember one point when Nole hit the line and linesman said out on Stan's serve. Wawrinka returned that ball but Djokovic had it on racquet again. HE WAS ROBBED IN THAT SITUATION BUT NO ONE OF THIS HATERS DONT SAY ANTYHING ABOUT IT.

Thats why they are tards and haters.

Because they cant be objective.
They only see what they want to see and filter the rest out. I have the decency to say Wawrinka played lights out tennis and probably deserved to win even if I don't like it. Tards here on the other hand, they can only call people names, whine, spin lies, and offend.

#369 ·

It was a great match, why the hell does it have to be spoiled by bullshit calls at the end? That's what pisses me off. Call it fairly and correctly.

#378 ·

So the argument now is that Wawrinka was robbed, but it doesn't matter because they robbed Novak too? Interesting. Had Wawa's call be correct, Djoko would never have had his second chance. Hard enough to beat him the first time, without having to beat him twice to win.

#472 ·

So the argument now is that Wawrinka was robbed, but it doesn't matter because they robbed Novak too? Interesting. Had Wawa's call be correct, Djoko would never have had his second chance. Hard enough to beat him the first time, without having to beat him twice to win.
argument is that linesmans make errors all the time but most of the times without intention to harm any player. Its just part of the game. If you dont like it - go play/watch snooker.

#379 ·

Awesome match from both, and Stan surprisingly brought his A-game to a GS event, resulting in a titanic contest. I'd only tuned in from the 3rd set onwards, but from what I'd seen, it was up there with some of the best matches I've witness over the last few years. Novak will be absolutely knackered though, and the accumulated court time will eventually catch up with him, if it hasn't done by the QF's.

People need to get over the 4-4 call in the 5th set. What's done is done, and can't be changed. Regardless of what the umpire and Nole may have believed, he still had the right to challenge as he had 1 remaining at that point, but didn't. It's ultimately his call. In any case, there's no guarantee that the Stan would have served out the match had he secured the break. Nole had broken him back at the start of the 5th. Whether Nole truly believed the call was in or out is speculation at best.

#557 ·

Awesome match from both, and Stan surprisingly brought his A-game to a GS event, resulting in a titanic contest. I'd only tuned in from the 3rd set onwards, but from what I'd seen, it was up there with some of the best matches I've witness over the last few years. Novak will be absolutely knackered though, and the accumulated court time will eventually catch up with him, if it hasn't done by the QF's.

People need to get over the 4-4 call in the 5th set. What's done is done, and can't be changed. Regardless of what the umpire and Nole may have believed, he still had the right to challenge as he had 1 remaining at that point, but didn't. It's ultimately his call. In any case, there's no guarantee that the Stan would have served out the match had he secured the break. Nole had broken him back at the start of the 5th. Whether Nole truly believed the call was in or out is speculation at best.
Apparently, we have more than speculation to resolve that issue. A Fedtard here who was bashing Novak, made an admission that Novak made a gesture for a challenge during or immediately after the call was made by the linesjudge. That gesture is as close to Novak's gut feeling as we'll come without actually reading his mind. So, Novak must have either thought that it was out or that there was a plausible chance it might be out. He definitely wouldn't have been prepared to waste a challenge of his own if he was convinced it had hit the line...

#387 ·

two worst Wawrinka's service games were at 5-3 in second and at 1-0 in fifth. This says all
The guy is a choker but he's also an idiot for not checking the call at 30-40. Thank god I did not see that.

#382 ·

Stanislas was robbed by the ridiculous court speed, nothing more.

#385 ·

#388 ·

1) How do you know he LIED? Because you BELIEVE he knew that the ball was in?
If it were on the line, I would agree with you that it was a honest mistake. It wasn't. I have a little bit more faith in Molina to call a ball correctly when the whole damn ball and then some is well over the line.

2) Molina isn't going to hold his hand, either. It's the player's responsibility to challenge.
If Molina was 'so sure' that a ball that was obviously in was out, Molina shouldn't be chair ump anymore.

#395 ·

If it were on the line, I would agree with you that it was a honest mistake. It wasn't. I have a little bit more faith in Molina to call a ball correctly when the whole damn ball and then some is well over the line.
It WAS on the line....if not more out than in. WTF are you talking about? :stupid:

I SAW THE REPLAY ON ESPN, TOO

If Molina was 'so sure' that a ball that was obviously in was out, Molina shouldn't be chair ump anymore.
:lol: OK

#390 ·

I think it is very unfair that Oprah only has cycling cheats on her show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.