Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AO R4: Novak Djokovic def Stan Wawrinka 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

66K views 900 replies 264 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 ·
Djokovic successfully denied Wawrinka in a five set heartbreaking thriller.

Maybe the best performance in Wawa's career so far, regardless of the outcome. :worship::worship:

#280 ·
Re: AO R4:Novak Clutchovic def Stan 'da man' 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

Good thing they asked about the controversial call and actions of Fakervic in the presser. Oh wait, they would never do that...Instead they lavished the chosen #1 with praise :tape:

No one has even mentioned that the "reformed" Fakervic went right back to erratic ball bounces on all the big points of the 5th set and pretended to grab at fake injuries in his back. No surprise the "fans" here are more obsessed with hating Federer and his fans than supporting their man, that's impossible in good conscience.

#281 ·

2007 wimbledon final. federer: "You're killing me".

There were no fair challenges back in 2004-5, when he cheated.

#284 ·

Match of life of Stan's carrier.

Best match of the 2013 for sure. You cant get better than this in tennis.

#293 ·

Match of life of Stan's carrier.

Best match of the 2013 for sure. You cant get better than this in tennis.
I don't know if this makes 2012 a sad season or not, but I think this match was not only the best so far of 2013, but better than any match in 2012

#286 ·

I think there is an easy way to solve this for Stan fans. Stan won this match but Nole is moving on for tournament's sake. How about that? :D

#291 ·

bad calls / mistakes are going to happen. the real mistake is that the umpire basically recommended Stan not challenge. I don't really care WHICH WAY he recommended, just that he did it at all. umpires are not supposed to have an affect on how well players do, players are supposed to make challenging decisions entirely on their own and in this case it obviously showed why - there can be big effects, positive or negative, based on the umps advice
Exactly so. This was cheating, cheating that benefitted Nole. I hate cheaters. If Nole were at all decent, he would have admitted the ball was in, and it would have gone from there - do the right thing Nole. But, no, he didn't. He allowed a wrong call to stand and benefitted by it. That's cheating. If you know a call is wrong - you call it right. Surely if Nole is really the better player - he doesn't need to cheat to win.

would have had no baring on the result of the match
Absolutely it would have. Are you telling me that going down a break with Wawa serving for the match "had no effect on the match?" Bullshit. You and I both know that had the call been right - Wawa won this match. Fair and square. Djoker got bailed out by Molina.

#326 ·

Exactly so. This was cheating, cheating that benefitted Nole. I hate cheaters. If Nole were at all decent, he would have admitted the ball was in, and it would have gone from there - do the right thing Nole. But, no, he didn't. He allowed a wrong call to stand and benefitted by it. That's cheating.
Look at the video above. But of course you'll tell that was not cheating. Why? Because truth doesn't matter for you. And stop pretending otherwise.

#299 ·

Wow, can't believe after such a match there are people bitching about a call that was pretty insignificant. Stan should only blame himself for wasting 4 BP's on 4-4 5th set without much of fight. I understand the fanboy hatred towards someone they despise, but c'mon, this was an epic match, someone had to lose, just swallow this pill with a bit of dignity rather than bashing someone for nothing.
Stan :yeah: Don't dissapear after this one.

#303 ·

Loving all the miserable behavior from pinktards. Yes the ball caught the line but Molina had all the right to say what he thought. It was up for Stan to challenge it. He chose not to challenge because he had already wasted two challenges very early in the set with two dumb challenges when Molina suggested they were out.

#332 ·

Loving all the miserable behavior from pinktards. Yes the ball caught the line but Molina had all the right to say what he thought. It was up for Stan to challenge it. He chose not to challenge because he had already wasted two challenges very early in the set with two dumb challenges when Molina suggested they were out.
It was a big return from Stan, fast ball with only fraction of a second for a returner to see where it will land, and they still call Novak a cheater just because he saw it out when it could indeed be out. Pathetic.

#305 ·

I am Novak's fan but if Stan won this I wouldnt be mad at all. He deserved with . He just played like from another planet.

But somehow Novak found strength in himself to overcome all this.

Reactions: Nole Rules
#325 ·

I am Novak's fan but if Stan won this I wouldnt be mad at all. He deserved with . He just played like from another planet.

But somehow Novak found strength in himself to overcome all this.
Right on all accounts :D

This is typical fedtardism. What is the point of having a discussion with them?

First, they called Wawrinka all the rude and unfair names for criticizing their idol. Then they cheered like crazy for him just because they wanted him to do the job for their idol.

And now they repeat and repeat all their usual lies here?! :help:

What cheating? Wasn't it Wawrinka who called the trainer and then run like a rabbit, as you, fedtards, love to say? Didn't he complain on restrain in a certain area and then kept lifting his leg up, above his head, as a ballerina? Ups, too many ballerinas in Switzerland.

And yet it's Djokovic who was cheating?! :rolls:

Happy for result but have to agree that there is little chance Novak will recover before his next match. And Berdych seems to be on fire this AO.
QFT

#309 ·

some observations:

- great game from stan
- great game from nole
- tense last point
- winner on last point
- very emotional ending for both of them
- shirt ripping
- radwanska matches nole's number of aces in two sets
- murray should be liking his chances at this event
- nole has to step it up a little with execution
- most federer fans have one or more mental illnesses for some reason

#323 ·

some observations:

- great game from stan
- great game from nole
- tense last point
- winner on last point
- very emotional ending for both of them
- shirt ripping
- radwanska matches nole's number of aces in two sets
- murray should be liking his chances at this event
- nole has to step it up a little with execution
- most federer fans have one or more mental illnesses for some reason
:rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls:

#311 ·

Really gutted for Wawa,he had his chances ,but at the end of the fifth he was clearly running on fumes.
It was just a matter of time for Nole to finally come through.Huge kudos for Stan though,he really was in the match throughout,he broke back immediately in the second set,that was a sign,at least for me,that he means business this time.
I just hope they don't let him read the papers or rewatch the match,that line call... he's going to tear Melbourne apart :mad:
But mistakes happen,and I wouldn't blame Djokovic ,even if he did see it in,it is not his job to call and let's face it ,frankly i can't imagine anyone admitting to it.Sad,but true.So let's not make Lance Armstrong out of him. And admittedly,he had some remorse when he totally tanked the next Wawa's service game with no return ;)

The best match of the tournament so far,by far,despite not being of the highest quality.

#314 ·

Wow, can't believe after such a match there are people bitching about a call that was pretty insignificant.
You don't consider Wawa serving for the match as 'significant'?

#341 ·

You don't consider Wawa serving for the match as 'significant'?
Maybe not insignificant, but certainly worth crucifying. Did Wawrinka had challenges remaining? It would have been replayed, so yeah, it could have gone the other way, still 50/50 though. There's still no need to spill crap on Djokovic for not saying it was In. You sincerely believe Federer would have corrected this call?

#316 ·

fed forum deserves fed attention. goat baby never insults anyone and never whined about toughing it out through "match points wssted, escaping vs.journeymen and wind, rainy and cold weathet, "shocking illness and injuries".

#355 ·

Will never understand MTF, if you are bitter you can hate Nole for facing chokers, but why to feel sorry for a guy who is afraid of win
How many winners did Stan hit on mp and still lose. Even on the set point in the tb that he won, Stan hit like 5 or 6 winners. Stan is a choker but who can blame him when his style of aggressive play is almost impossible and the umpires are against him. And it's not like these court conditions were created by god, Fakervic's pushing style which allows opponents to choke was created with the specific purpose of making Fakervic win matches he should lose.

So to me complaining about Stan choking is like complaining about playing a subpar chess match when you only have half the pieces of your opponent.

#319 ·

I want to say 2 things first:
1 - Congratulations to the umpire i don't even wanna pronounce his Mug name Molina :facepalm: ... nice job ... Karma's turn now ... the most negative karma ever accumulated in Earth's history for sure :yeah:
2 - In a parallel universe Stan's brain produced different signals thus ended in him deciding to challenge the goddamn ball at 4-4 *30-40 ... thus ending in Stan's glorious victory 6-4 ...

#322 ·

I thought it was rather in than out, but it's still a very close call and Djokovic's racquet on the ball, which makes it difficult for the linesman
Saw it too - plain as day. It was in! Resign Nole!

#324 ·

Guys who are sending hate on this topic should stop this. We should praise both guys they gave us incredible level of tennis, incredible entertainment for almost 5 hours.

What can you expect more than this ?

Dont be mad because guy you love lost and guy you hate won.

That happens and simply one point could decide all this.

I am glad that Nole overcame all this because he will be even stronger than it is now. This will just make him stronger.

#337 ·

Guys who are sending hate on this topic should stop this. We should praise both guys they gave us incredible level of tennis, incredible entertainment for almost 5 hours.
Fedtards are not tennis fans, so no point to talk to them about this match.

Yes, it was a great match and yes, Wawrinka played great. I am thankful though Novak held himself together until the end.

My problem is with those posters who accuse Djokovic in cheating. That is just not acceptable.

#328 ·

People .... even if Stan broke in that game, he might have choked in the next one? Sure, he showed balls of steel today but he has choked matches in the past. Let's get real.

#346 ·

People .... even if Stan broke in that game, he might have choked in the next one? Sure, he showed balls of steel today but he has choked matches in the past. Let's get real.
I mean it's totally possible that one call could have made a big difference because, like you say, Stan did have balls of steel today. however he might not have. it might not have made any difference. no way to know. the ATP definitely has to crack down on umpires advising really one way or another, because it's one thing for the ump to just say "I think maybe" and another thing for them to say "it was clearly out" when it wasn't

who knows if it would have made a huge affect and as sad as I am that Stan lost this match it's silly to pretend that Wawrinka would have automatically taken advantage of the replay of point and won two points afterwards to break and serve for the set. only aliens with special powers in outter space know this. so people need to stop bitching

but honestly I have seen a few instances recently with umps advising players when they were entirely wrong about it and the challenge system is really intended for players to make decisions entirely on their own, not with umpire advice, really regardless of if the ump is correct or not, which obviously would be worse in cases where the ump is wrong :0

ATP crack down on this immediately. if a player wants to challenge we don't want them spurred on by the umpire or basically shied away from it

#333 ·

I love people saying it's not Fakervic's "responsibility" to play fairly. This is how low you have to be to be his fan, the idea of doing the right thing has to be forced on you. Nobody is saying Fakervic has to act in a fair and sporting manner, we're saying he's a classless, bad player and bad person for not doing so. Sometimes something seemingly innocuous like which tennis player you support can be a wider reflection of moral values, as we're seeing in this thread.

Reactions: JediFed
#351 ·

I love people saying it's not Fakervic's "responsibility" to play fairly. This is how low you have to be to be his fan, the idea of doing the right thing has to be forced on you. Nobody is saying Fakervic has to act in a fair and sporting manner, we're saying he's a classless, bad player and bad person for not doing so. Sometimes something seemingly innocuous like which tennis player you support can be a wider reflection of moral values, as we're seeing in this thread.
LOL, didn't Federer argue with the umpire even curse at him, for letting del Potro challenge. Federer wanted the point even if it was a wrong call. whose responsible now.

#334 ·

Hats off to both guys. Love Djokovic and his ability to be so clutch. Perhaps things may have went different had Stan won the second set; who knows. As a fan of the sport, I was proud today. Stan could've gone away easily after faltering in that second set. Credit him to at least keep Djokovic out there to earn it.

:worship: both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.