Krišjānis Stabiņš
DOB: 28 June 1989

Richards Emuliņš
DOB: 13 May 1987
Unranked

Ņikita Švačko
DOB: 11 December 1984
Unranked​

Svacko hasn't played in DC for Latvia since 2003, but since he seemed to be hanging around Ernests often I'll include him anyway :p

Latvian ATP players in the news

Deniss Pavlovs is the second seed in the Bosnia Herzegovina F2 in Sarajevo. He will face either Aleksander Slovic or Juan-Miguel Such-Perez in the second round of singles. He is also partnering Goran Tosic in the doubles. They are seeded third and defeated Robert Belak/Luka Belic in the first round.

Karlis Lejnieks is the third seed in the Heraklio F2 in Greece. The tournament is played on artificial grass. He defeated Germany's Soren Goritzka in the first round, and will face Paris Gemouchidis next.

See less See more
#1,688 ·
An update,not a very happy one but still...

Helsinki CH qualifying

Andis received a bye in the 1st round as 4th seed,but then sadly quit his 2nd round match trailing 1-4 in the opening set,to Daniel Glancy of Ireland.:awww::bigcry::hug:

There was no official reason given for his retirement. I hope it's nothing long lasting and he'll be OK soon.:hug:

Updates on Deniss in Dominican Republic to come soon!:)

#1,692 ·
Andis is playing with Philipp Marx of Germany. They've drawn No 2 seeds Michael Kohlmann/Alexander Peya(GER/AUT) Hope Andis is fit to play then,and you see him Erica. Good luck Andis!:)

#1,693 ·
Dominican Republic Futures Doubles 1st round result

(4)Miķelis Lībietis/Deniss Pavlovs defeated Garanganga(ZIM)/Roy(IND) 7-6(2)6-2:dance:

They both have singles matches scheduled for later today. Miķelis plays fellow 18 year old Darian King of Barbados,Deniss takes on Phillip Simmonds of the U.S.

Andis is not in doubles action in Helsinki today.

#1,694 ·
I don't own this thread,so if anyone any time wants to update it feel free. It's kinda boring and crazy talking to myself:zzz:

#1,699 ·
Dominican Republic F1 doubles semi-final result

(4)Pavlovs/Lībietis(LAT) defeated (1)Kumantsov(RUS)/Middelkoop(NED) 6-4 6-1.:bounce:

Their opponents in the final will be unseeded Venezuelan pair Piero Luisi/Roman Necarte. Good luck Deniss and Mikelis!:bounce:

#1,701 ·
Deniss Pavlovs won futures tournament in Havana :bigclap:

1st Round
Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (5) defeated Marvin NETUSCHIL (GER) 5-2 Retired

2nd Round
Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (5) defeated Libor SALABA (CZE) 6-3 6-0

Quarterfinal
Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (5) defeated Olivier SAJOUS (HAI) (4) 6-2 6-3

Semifinal
Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (5) defeated Roman RECARTE (VEN) (7) 7-6(3) 6-3

Final
Deniss PAVLOVS (LAT) (5) def Christopher DIAZ-FIGUEROA (GUA) (3) 6:2, 6:1

#1,706 ·
Yes that is for the sporting awards. We have this link in another thread. The awards are going to be held on the 23rd, however Ernests is highly unlikely to win so I wouldn't get any hopes up. He has tough competition and even with our votes my friend told me that on the day Latvians call in to vote before the award is given and that makes his chances even smaller. BUT it's always nice to keep voting for him!

#1,707 ·
For those of you who are interested in this and haven't seen it, I found an interview with Andis Juska through Facebook. Andis is speaking the interview in English but the French voice over covers it up too heavy. Luckily my friend Flora agreed to translate for me. (She apologizes for any errors of the translation) :lol: BTW this interview was from a few months ago.

-We're with Andis juska who just qualified for the semis in the singles draw.
Good evening and congrats!!
- thank you
- you just won against Jonathan Eysseric (a frenchie!) 64 63, now you're in the semis. What do you think about your match?
- I thought the 1st set was quite tight, I broke him at the beginning, then I lost games on my serve easily. I wasn't expecting that. My shoulder hurt a little since yesterday but it's getting better; I broke him again. I returned better than the previous days, I'm really getting better at that. I reckon it's one of the reasons I won today/.
- what do you think made the difference?
- On what?... Definitely the returns, I really won more points, I forced him to live on the edge. He took more risks on his 1st serve, he didn't win a lot of them. I attacked on his 2nd serves, I put pressure on him, and it worked today
- Tomorrow you'll play against another French player, Romain Jour, what can you say about him?
- I played against him three weeks ago, I lost 64 75, it was a tight match, and the difference was on two or three points. It's going to be a big match tomorrow, (Here she got confused but I believe he was saying that both him and his next opponent were in Finals recently) He plays well these days, but me too so it's going to be a big match
- Being in the semis again, do you remember 2005?
- I played there 5 years ago against Steve Darcis, I was in the semis. I had played in three sets, a great match. I really hope I'll play such a good match tomorrow
- good luck..
Link to video- http://tcbressuire.over-blog.fr/article-interview---andis-juska-2-44819808.html

#1,708 ·
Karlis is practising with Ernests in Miami :D

http://parsportu.lv/articles/0/47951/

According to the article, Karlis parted with his coach Mikael Pernfors, and it was Gumy who carried out practise with both Ernests and Karlis.

Karlis starts 2011 at futures in Turkey :yeah:

Davis cup tie against Greece is also mentioned there, probably Ernest will not take part there because of Masters series tournaments in USA

#1,709 ·
I had a feeling Karlis would be with him this off season & I'm glad I'm right! It's clear Karlis enjoys working with Hernan and I hope Michael is helping Karlis with his knee that acted up on him at the end of the season! I can't wait for the season to start!

#1,710 ·
Other Latvians are commencing their 2011 season this week.

Karlis is in Israel,competing in a Futures tournament. He's seeded 2.

Singles Round 1
K LEJNIEKS(LAT) defeated Anton Manegin of Russia 6-1 6-2.

He and Mikelis unfortunately lost their opening round doubles match to Diez(CAN)/Vicente(ESP) 5-7 7-6(5)[6-10]

Andis is playing Germany F1,he's seeded 3,and faces Carl Bergman of Sweden in his opening singles of 2011.

He is seeded 2 in the Doubles competition,he's partnering Daniel Danilovic of Sweden.

#1,713 ·
Israel F1 mens singles round 2 result

Kārlis Lejnieks defeated Yannik Reuter(Belgium) 6-4 6-2

Germany F1 mens singles round 1 result

Andis Juška defeated Carl Bergman(Sweden) 7-6(5) 6-4

Germany F1 mens doubles round 1 result

Andis Juška(LAT)/Daniel Danilovic(SWE) defeated C Bergman(SWE)/Miloslav Mecir(SVK) 3-6 6-4 [13-11 CTB]

:dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.