Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andy Murray will be back with a bang in Indian Wells

3K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Sapeod 
#1 ·
As you all know, everyone seems to have jumped on Murray's back the past 3 weeks.

1. Australian Open loss being called pathetic. I for one think it was an unlucky loss. He came up against an opponent who is usually not good enough to beat him. Alas, Murray played crap and nothing worked on the day, meaning he lost...to Djokovic, of all people.

2. The loss in Rotterdamn. 6-4 6-1 after a 3-0 lead to Baghdatis. This one was different. Murray was there for match practice and has said that his off court life is more important atm, until Indian Wells.

He is in Dubai the week after next, but expect an early loss. If he does go far in that event, he may feel he needs more points or he needs more match practice, but his sights are set on a return to form in Indian Wells.

Last year, he performed poorly in both Indian Wells and Miami, but this year he is looking for titles there. The sting of the Australian Open loss has gone, he has said so, so he should have no trouble getting back into form.

Look out, Murray is on a mission. He will be back in Indian Wells....

See less See more
#2 ·
Murray will win this.
This is his tournament, he is the best player in the draw and is playing great. The loss at Australia is not as hurting as the one last year, he's already gotten over it and is ready to play great tennis and win some more titles.
Soderling has 13 more votes than Murray? What has he done to get that? Lost 3 rounds earlier than Murray in the Australia?

Murray is the better player, is playing better and will know how to get past Soderling's power. Murray in 3 of they meet in the final.
Murray will win Rotterdam.
Yes they do. Murray missed pretty much 5 months last year because of the Australia loss to Federer, but he still manages to be barely behind Soderling. His ranking = basically just Australian final, 2 masters titles and Wimbledon semis. 4 results = #5 in the world = amazing.
Soderling is there because he had a full year of playing consistently. He didn't win 2 masters....

Soderling beat Federer at Roland Garros where he plays well. He didn't face JesusFed on one of his best surfaces like Murray did.

Next week: Murray #4, Soderling #5 and everything will be as it should be.World #5 in the rankings, world number #4 in reality.

How is that the same? Hewitt is out of the top 30 and has hardly played recently. Murray just reached a grand slam final, I didn't see Hewitt doing that....
Also, Hewitt does not have 4 slams. I think you'll find you are so very wrong there.....

Taking it worse than Murray? No, I'm disappointed but I'm looking forward to this season. Murray will get a full year of results, unlike last year when he had that disgusting February-June meltdown.

How do I sound like that? I don't make excuses for losses, Murray was awful.

Don't call me Daniel, thank you....

Murray doesn't always deliver, obvously. If he delivered all the time, he would have 5 slams by now and be ranked #1 with 30 titles. Fact of the matter is, Murray has the potential to be world #1 and multiple slam winner by now, but he only managed to get 6 masters titles. 6 masters titles with his potential is pretty bad. Murray has slam potential and is a slam champion. In the future, hopefully this year at the US Open, he will realise that potential and show all the haters....

Yes, I was. What's your point? Djokovic fluked another title, Murray was awful. If Murray played well like he did against Melzer, Ferrer or Dolgopolov then he would have his first slam now. Instead, Djokovic becomes a 2 slam wonder....
hm

#4 ·
He should retire for his fan(s?).

#6 ·
One word: pathetic
Some more: another bold prediction, keep going kiddo :eek:
Murray sucks

#10 ·
I never thought a player could be disliked by so many because of 1 poster, but I think it might be true in the case of Murray.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Gotta say, legendary thread :haha:

Reactions: Sapeod
#22 ·
Miami is where the bang will be, you'll all see him win that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.