Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fed: Doubles didn't help me at Olympics

4K views 48 replies 34 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
This is hilarious. A tennis magazine account tweeted that Fed said this time around the doubles at Olympics didn't help his singles "unfortunately". Wawrinka retweeted that!! :haha:

See less See more
#2 ·
:haha:

#45 ·
Yeah maybe it didn't help him but why did Federer think he must say it ? So people can blame his failure on Wawrinka or what? And how did it help in Beijing btw?
...because they asked him? this quote taken out of context :rolleyes:

#13 ·
I don't get it. If it's about them winning in 2008 giving him confidence for USO then I fail to see what's funny about it.

#16 ·
Well, it's true. Wawrinka played like a piece of crap during the Olympics and forced Roger to tank the match against Murray to be ready for the rest of the year

#19 ·
NID

#20 ·
Can someone tell me what could possibly be unclassy or inappropriate in this one?

#22 ·
And, umm, guys, there was this, like, one time when Fedsly said Djoker hit like, a 'lucky shot', ummmm. That's like, OMG, so déclassé, like srsly lol OMG. He's like thaaa wooorst evuuuurrrrrr???? like you know???? He's like....the.....not greatest, like, of all time???
[/valley accent]

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
:worship:

have you ever written more than a sentence :inlove:

#31 ·
Ha! It really is. Silly tweet by the journo. Nothing wrong with what Fed said. But still think it's funny that Stan retweeted it. :D

Nice words by Roger on Rafa's injury too. Feel for all the players having to answer some pretty inane questions every day...

#27 ·
20 pages here we come

#30 ·
Q. Stan said yesterday if you played more doubles you could be the best doubles player in the world. Do you think playing at the Olympics improved your singles game at all?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't think so. But repeat yourself again. I just want to make sure I heard that.

Q. Has it improved your volley or your play at net? You played doubles four weeks ago at the Olympics...

ROGER FEDERER: If that helped me?

Q. Has that positively impacted your singles play?

ROGER FEDERER: Oh, no, no. I played two matches.

Q. But you practiced.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, we practiced. I think we had two practice sessions for it. We're very professional (laughter). No, I used to play a ton of doubles when I was younger. That helped me. I don't know how many doubles tournaments I played in my life, but I played a lot, particularly my first, let's say, five years on tour. Now obviously there's just too much happening for me to play too many doubles. But I do believe, for instance, when I played more doubles in '08 Olympics, where I went and played maybe five matches, we did play some more doubles tournaments before that, I really feel that that benefited me coming into the US Open that year. I was very good at net. So I do believe that you can take away a lot from doubles because you have less time on the return and at net, as well. But this time around, no, it didn't help me unfortunately.

#35 ·
Further shows what Wawrinka is to Federer. i guess Federer PR didn't filter this one. Just couldn't stop throwing this low comment jabs does he. At least one real comment from him and a PR comment.

#39 ·
Stop expecting posters here to actually stop and read things in their proper context, its just not going to happen :shrug:

:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.