Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kiwi @ OPEN 13 (Marseille, France) -- news & pictures!!!

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Space Cowgirl 
#1 ·
Here's the thread to post all news and pictures of Kiwi at Open 13!!!

Here's the main draw (posted by PatatRiek) :::

(1)CORIA, Guillermo ARG vs Q
LLODRA, Michael FRA vs RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA vs BERDYCH, Tomas CZE
ANCIC, Mario CRO vs (5)HRBATY, Dominik SVK

(4)DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS vs SCHALKEN, Sjeng NED
Q vs (WC)HAEHNEL, Jerome FRA
(WC)MONFILS, Gael FRA vs ANDREEV, Igor RUS
Q vs (8)LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

(7)KIEFER, Nicolas GER vs BECK, Karol SVK
STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs (WC)CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
Q vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP vs (3)JOHANSSON, Joachim SWE

(6)LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP vs VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
DENT, Taylor USA vs BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER vs (2)NALBANDIAN, David ARG​

See less See more
#2 ·
relatively good draw for the 1st round, his opponent could have been more difficult than Beck if you look through the names... Ancic, Berdych, Llodra, Srichaphan, Schalken, Monfils, Andreev, Johansson, Ferrero, Lopez, Verdasco, Söderling, Karlovic, Dent... plenty of unseeded names that I would have rated stronger and more danngerous than Beck.

I guess only Benneteau or Haehnel should have been easier than Beck. He should beat Beck if he can deliver, but what is always a question mark after a layoff.

Okay, Beck has beaten Haas in Melbourne, but not because he has played better tennis, but because he had the better physics than Haas this day. Hopefully Kiwi knows something to play against Beck, they never played against each other so far.

#3 ·
Neely said:
relatively good draw for the 1st round, his opponent could have been more difficult than Beck if you look through the names... Ancic, Berdych, Llodra, Srichaphan, Schalken, Monfils, Andreev, Johansson, Ferrero, Lopez, Verdasco, Söderling, Karlovic, Dent... plenty of unseeded names that I would have rated stronger and more danngerous than Beck.

I guess only Benneteau or Haehnel should have been easier than Beck. He should beat Beck if he can deliver, but what is always a question mark after a layoff.

Okay, Beck has beaten Haas in Melbourne, but not because he has played better tennis, but because he had the better physics than Haas this day. Hopefully Kiwi knows something to play against Beck, they never played against each other so far.

I'm pretty comfortable with his first and second round opponents... i'm looking ahead to a potential PimPim meeting... :scared: But let's focus on his match vs. Beck for now :)

Good Luck Kiwi!!! :bounce:

#7 · (Edited)
damn, Kiwi and Paradorn lost the doubles match against Erlich/Ram 3-6 5-7!
they got broken at 5-5 in the 2nd set :( :sobbing:

better luck for tomorrow!!! (or Wednesday?)

#9 ·
Kiwi is the 4th match on Centre Court tomorrow!!!
Goooooooooood luck, Kiwi!!! And beat Beck! C'MOOOONNNN!!! Revenge Haas! :p

#14 ·
:sad: :sobbing: :sobbing:

He lost 3-6 2-6!!!
Sooooooo disappointing... I had really huge hope that he can beat him, had lots of chances, but from watching the live feed his serve didn't seem to be effective (or should I say Beck returned so well?!) and his net play was mostly crap :banghead:

Nooooooooooo, now I have to wait another week until he plays again! :sad:

#15 ·
I thought there is no way for him to lose against Beck! And then he loses 3 and 2, one of the worst matches since Doha 2004. OMG

I can only pray he'll get back again and get Beck again in Rotterdam to show him who the better player is. Probably he can also face Federer in round 1 OMG...:(

#16 ·
JMG, I think your theory is even more right now: every time he takes a long break from tournaments, he is playing bad in his first match.

Beck was really a relatively easy opponent on paper (there were many more difficult opponents in the draw), the problem is that in Rotterdam, he could run into somebody much better now, e.g. Federer.

I have the feeling that it will be very hard for him to get some wins in Rotterdam.

#17 ·
Neely said:
JMG, I think your theory is even more right now: every time he takes a long break from tournaments, he is playing bad in his first match.

Beck was really a relatively easy opponent on paper (there were many more difficult opponents in the draw), the problem is that in Rotterdam, he could run into somebody much better now, e.g. Federer.

I have the feeling that it will be very hard for him to get some wins in Rotterdam.
His schedule looks pretty busy from here on out for a number of weeks, so hopefully he'll pick up his game... and stop losing in the first round :banghead:

Let's hope he gets a good draw in Rotterdam........ :rolleyes:

#18 ·
simpleternity said:
His schedule looks pretty busy from here on out for a number of weeks, so hopefully he'll pick up his game... and stop losing in the first round :banghead:

Let's hope he gets a good draw in Rotterdam........ :rolleyes:
yeah, another loooooooooooong without Kiwi ahead of us.... :sad: :sad: :sobbing:

BTW, I'm about posting the pics from the two shows now :)

#19 ·
Neely said:
yeah, another loooooooooooong without Kiwi ahead of us.... :sad: :sad: :sobbing:

BTW, I'm about posting the pics from the two shows now :)
Yay!!! :banana:

Sorry I left you on MSN... I emailed you... Mine went insane and it wont let me sign back on :banghead:

We must think positively... :rolleyes: I hope sooo badly he picks up his game :sad: :bigcry:

#20 ·
simpleternity said:
Sorry I left you on MSN... I emailed you... Mine went insane and it wont let me sign back on :banghead:
same for me currently, MSN is fucked up and not available right now... :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.