Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

492K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  myrt 
#1 · (Edited)
In honour of Marat's setting sail for horizons new, I hereby launch this thread!

11 June 2009, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

See less See more
#299 ·
monkeytattoo : So far I haven't found any pics of Marat from the party at Pacha on Saturday night , but I've found plenty of pics of Goran and Jim. If Marat did go (why wouldn't he?), he was probably in the VIP area, which might be off limits to nightclub photographers. I'll keep looking - Pacha's website hasn't been updated since 14 Feb.
Marat was not there unfortunately, so at least one of the commentators said yesterday.;)

#305 ·
From the Tennis Legends website: http://www.tennis-legends.ru/db/photo/

BlackBerry Cafe, Sunday, 28 February 2010

I know, I thought he looked a mite skinny too. :awww: I have no clue about the effect on highly conditioned athletes of suddenly stopping intensive training, but I'd imagine they'd pork out a bit at first. I suppose it depends on the metabolism. Perhaps he's not eating enough. :awww: He won't be used to cooking at home yet after almost half a lifetime on tour.

#312 · (Edited)
Moscow radio station Hit FM hosted a competition for the chance to go to Legends of Tennis and have a picture taken with Marat and Yevgeny.

Here's one of the winners who correctly answered the Question of the Day, "Would you like to have your picture taken with Marat Safin?". :p

http://hitfm.ru/news.asp?news_id=21001243 / Translation

** EDIT: Btw the correct answer was "No, I'd much rather get naked with him, thanks". :devil:

#319 ·
Nice pics! :hearts: This is just way too much hotness to take in at one time! :speakles: Marat looks like he had a fun time. :D

I don't think Marat looks any thinner than before - maybe he lost a bit of muscle mass, but he looks pretty much the same to me. :shrug: Maybe it's an optical illusion created by the pukey green long-sleeve shirt, the grandpa sweater, and/or standing next to players who have been retired longer than him. :lol:

The next time Marat does an exhibition, he should advertise that he will take his shirt off and the tickets will sell out pronto. :lol:

** EDIT: Btw the correct answer was "No, I'd much rather get naked with him, thanks". :devil:
Judging from the picture, that girl was definitely trying the get the second part - smart girl! :yeah: :lol:

monkeytattoo,thanks a lot for the pictures! This is great!:pClear Sunday why a girl from the audience cried Marat, take me!:drool:
:haha:

#320 ·
#322 · (Edited)
^^^ How is it that he can look like any hot man on earth at any given time? I'm used to thinking he resembles Eric "McSteamy" Dane depending on the haircut. Now, at this latest draw ceremony, with perfectly tousled hair and no tan, he looks like Hugh Grant! (Well, better than Hugh Grant, but you know what I mean. The Oxford shirt and jacket with a witty grin kind of thing.)

#333 ·
Yeah, we'll see how much money I have left after Indian Wells. I was just going to drive up, stay that night, then drive home, about a 5 hour drive. Oh, and maybe do a little slot play while I'm there. ;) Penny slots are my fave. If he backs out ahead of time, I probably won't go.

#334 ·
Speaking of the Atlantic City gig, I'm a little fuzzy on the format. Wilander/Lendl are playing a one-set match, but are Safin/Roddick and Sampras/Blake going to be one-setters as well? The website says the event is from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and it seems like an awful lot to fit into three hours.

#336 ·
found these on facebook: (there's that hat & sweater again!)

And this is a screen shot I took from the Moscow event - it cracked me up that he was drinking Pepsi during changeovers... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.