Mens Tennis Forums banner

News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

813K views 5K replies 207 participants last post by  flender 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3,153 ·
#3,159 ·
I found something on freeforums about his belgrade visit...

Nena said:
I found some more information. Verano Motors is interested in cooperation with Marat and since their protective face is Ana Ivanovic, they want to do some joint advertising campaigns or some business agreement. Marat was also at the funeral of our beloved Patriarch Pavle. At the airport Nikola Tesla he was waited by the team of journalists from the national television RTS and gave them an exclusive interview in which he said that he came to Belgrade to learn as much about the organization of Serbia Open because he wants to organize such a tournament in Russia; that now he the become a businessman and we will see him at least in May at Serbia Open, but even maybe earlier.
He was guest of Zira hotel which is property of Verano Motors and family Djokovic.
Not sure about it though...I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

#3,162 ·
Just looking forward for a whole slew of appointments for Marat
Maybe some Brand Ambassador of some Major Airlines. Free trips
around the world and a suite in some skyscraper and with his handsome
face and his vibrant personality he will be a hit and rake in a couple
of millions a year!!

#3,169 ·
Marst is a highly intelligent man. He is wisest in his selections of things
to accomplish. Never never underrate him at all.As he said he WILL NOT be like
others who have retired and sit in the doldrums. He said he is ambitious> whole
new avenues are open to him. He has said he wants to develop intectually. It wont be humdrum existence. He is AMBITIOUS AND HE HAS A HIGHLY DEVELOPED MIND AND INTELLIGENCE
much more above the common run of some members here who tend to gloat over the trivial and tend to lack the capacity to stretch minds into an intellectual level and think cleverly and positively. No offense intended of course.

#3,173 ·
maratmann, have you read any of his interviews? I am not intelligent, so please be so kind to tell me, how many times Marat himself said that he is tired of flying, hotels, and the constant stress of traveling non-stop etc.

Thank you :wavey:

#3,187 ·
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2009-11-23/15_2/

Google translation:

Olympism

Former first racket of the world Marat Safin was willing to run for vice-president of Olympic Committee of Russia.

SAFIN will struggle for Vice-president R & D

The candidacy of Safin, who has just concluded a career of professional tennis player, has put forward Tennis Federation of Russia. For the three vice-presidential candidates about a half a dozen candidates, including acting vice-presidential ROC Gennady Aleshin, Vladimir Vasin and Vladimir Loginov. According to chief of public relations and press service of the ROC Gennady Shvets, in the near future a special committee will consider candidates submitted documents to ensure their compliance with the regulations. One of the most fundamental aspects - the date of filing the application (in accordance with established rules of the ROC period expired on 16 November at 18.00). Themselves as leaders of the ROC elections held on December 17.

Vladas LASITSKAS, Eugene Fedyakov

Shamil Tarpischev, IOC member, President of Tennis Federation of Russia:

- Throughout this year, Safin led serious work with international sports organizations, including improving the status of "Kremlin Cup. And already achieved in this work some success. Of course, the experience of the functionary Marat not enough, however, he is able to informally with a sense of humor to communicate with people who are at the highest positions. Moreover Safin knows professional sports from the inside. Of course, Marat must receive appropriate education, but now he could bring great benefit to the Olympic Committee of Russia.

#3,202 ·
Penguin! :bigwave: Hope everything's OK with you. :hug: :)

Yeah Shamil says Marat's already been working with the international organizations this year to promote the Kremlin Cup and had some success. Of course he lacks the experience yet and proper education :)scratch: dunno what Shamil meant with education but Marat said in an interview that he's been studying business and management on his own so he's preparing himself :D). And even if he'll just become a member of the ROC in whatever capacity it will be good experience and hopefully he likes it. Seems that he has thought about it and does like it.

Russia is preparing the Winter-Olympics in Sotchi and they need a lot of money for this project. Even if this is not Marats origin sport-world but ROC need qualified people with contacts to international companies. At this topics he can be very helpful.
Exactly, I agree. :D And I've always aid that sports management would suit him well, but this is just my opinion of course. :D

#3,189 ·
Found this.

What is a National Olympic Committee (NOC)?

National Olympic Committees (NOC) exist in various countries of the world. NOC are one of the three constituents of the Olympic Movement together with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and International Federations. The mission of the NOCs is to develop, promote and protect the Olympic Movement in their respective countries, in accordance with the Olympic Charter. The jurisdiction of an NOC must coincide with the limits of the country in which it is established and has its headquarters. In the Olympic Charter, the expression “country” means an independent State recognized by the international community. Today there are 205 NOCs, 192 of which coincide with independent states recognized by the United Nations and 13 representing sport territories recognized before 1996.
And they put a link to the Russian Olympic Committee. No idea what it says, ofc. :lol:

#3,190 ·
National Olympic Committees (or NOCs) are the national constituents of the worldwide Olympic movement. Subject to the controls of the International Olympic Committee, they are responsible for organizing their people's participation in the Olympic Games. They may nominate cities within their respective areas as candidates for future Olympic Games. NOCs also promote the development of athletes and training of coaches and officials at a national level within their geographies.
Dear wiki.

#3,192 ·
Thanks. So there isn't any specific reason they are voting new members at the moment?! I thought you had to be at least 55 and overweight to be part of the NOC - that's how it seems to be in my country at least. :haha: It sounds like a job that's good for connections but awfully boring.

#3,194 ·
[QUOTE=mer;9350300]They have elections every 4 years. I just read the list of the candidates. All of them are either Olympic champions or the presidents/vice-presidents of different russian sport federations , state duma and president administration high officials. Some of them are Olympic champions and officials at the same time. I don't know what Tarpi was thinking but Marat seriously doesnt belong there at the moment.
(I don't know why it didn;t come up in a boX?????????)

I completely agree with you Mer - right now it's hard to see what serious contribution Marat could make AT THIS LEVEL with his current experience - However, there may be a particular role that they have in mind for Marat, given his personal popularity outside Russia...or, it may well be a long-term strategy by Tarpi - maybe he's thinking nominate him now, why not - IF he gets elected (with or without appropriate lobbying) then great - he can learn a lot and contibute his personality and profile and experience as a professional athlete - and if not - no harm done...and try again in four years...we may see him up for various nominations of this kind if in fact sports admin IS part of his future plans....lets wait and see!!

As for the other nonesense...just for the record, If Marat wanted to make himself a fortune out of his face, he could easily have done so while he was playing -It's worth noting that he only ever did photoshoots for his main tennis sponsors - Adidas and Head - even Rolex , as far as I know - never used him in their advertising - which I find amazing but hey....Marat evidently didn't WANT to be a 'model' or associated that closely with brands outside of Tennis - and that you can only assume, was because his Management, acting on his instructions, turned down that kind of stuff - Some time ago now, Marat was quoted as saying, when questioned about it, something along the lines of "of course I could have made a lot more money if I had been prepared to sell myself for peanuts..." I think that just about sums it up...

#3,195 ·
Hey everyone! been really caught up with evil projects and back-to-back-to-back presentations. Have been reading this thread with half an eye ;) And I agree that even though he's a major athlete who's represented his country in the Olympics, that's should not be the only criteria for becoming an IOC representative. He'd need a lot more experience in diplomacy and what nots for that. Just my two cents worth

#3,196 ·
Also, some of the conversation in this thread is disturbing me. May I remind everyone that the GM rules for posting also DO APPLY to the players forums even though we don't post them in the individual subforums.

For a refresher course in GM rules: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129884

#3,197 ·
Hmmm...It's a little surprising that Marat's nomination for this body has become such a 'hot topic' - not that there's anything else to debate at the moment....so - IF he gets elected - will it be as embarassing as getting the 'nobel peace prize'...???? - or rather, should we be glad that he hasn't been nominated for the Nobel Prize for anything....unless, of course, there a Nobel prize for 'Inhumanly HAWT Russian Who Looks Good in Scottish Tartan' - there really could only be ONE winner of that now, surely??;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.