Mens Tennis Forums banner

New Moderators for GM and NT for 2013

14K views 71 replies 36 participants last post by  Jelena 
#1 ·
Hi all

Once again we're putting out a call for new moderators for the two busiest forums on the site.

If you are interested in helping out on the site, please PM scoobs with details of why you want to be a moderator and what you think you can bring to the role. Site members from all geographical areas are welcome to apply and you do not need to be a native English speaker, although a good grasp of English is a requirement.

Applications will close on February 17th and the moderators will vote on the candidates at that time.

Many thanks

scoobs

#2 ·
can we Offer other members as candidates?

#5 ·
Only of the new mod gets ur cute babe ;)

#8 ·
just to show u how much time and energy ppl put in this forum with no Gain.
not an easy job and u rarely get a good word, it wont kill ppl to say thank u from time to time and if ppl think im saying it bc i wanna be a mod and im Sucking up well - i didnt applied to be a Mod.
bc im a mod in the forum bank i know how hard it is.

anyway thank u, AGAIN, i dont see eye to eye in everything but i know when i should say thank u.

#9 ·
Any decisions yet?

#13 ·
Patience with Joe, he is Excited, new Mods new pope, its too much for him

#14 ·
Mod team changes

It's taken a while longer than I would have liked, but I'm pleased to announce that the mod team have selected

AdeyC
Marto
erickmartins
EnriqueIG8

as new moderators for NT and GM. Congratulations to them, and I'd like to thank the other applicants who were unsuccessful for their interest. They will be joining Sonja1989, NYCtennisfan and Action Jackson in moderating these forums.

The new moderators will be coming on stream in the next couple of days.

Additionally, Andreas will be made a supermod so that he can assist with issues arising in all forums.

Also, Snowwy and RagingLamb will be made admins alongside myself, Carlita and SloKid.

Finally, I will be leaving the mod team in the next couple of weeks, likely after Miami, and I'm sure the site will be in good hands.

Thanks,

scoobs

#40 ·
Finally, I will be leaving the mod team in the next couple of weeks, likely after Miami, and I'm sure the site will be in good hands.
Do you have any joint decision-making power then? I have no idea about the work of an admin.

Well, you have seen/read what it means to be a moderator on a forum like MTF during the last years ;)

I can only admire you and all other moderators for your thick skin which is surely needed for the job you do.

Somewhat unorthodox choice, since they don't participate much in GM, but good luck, hope it works out :)
They will get to read enough c**p now from GM and a certain degree from NT anyway.

Beside this being a moderator on this forum shouldn't be a popularity contest or something like that ;)

Good luck to the new moderators for their job.

#18 ·
best of luck :)

Reactions: OnTheRun
#20 ·
Congrats to all :D Thank you scoobs for all your hard work over the years! TT scored big here in the new selections and while I'm happy about the promotions of the people I confess as a TT player I'm a little concerned about what is going to happen with TT now?

#22 ·
Nothing to worry about there as far as I am concerned - when I was fortunate to get the TT Board vacancy I said then that I would still continue to Manage as I had done before as that was what got me known in the forum in the first place, I won't ever forget that and still will be carrying on doing so.

Didn't expect that :).
I'll give my best
That goes for me as well :)

#24 ·
Hopefully we can all work together as a team and improve this forum, to many people a part of their lives.

Scoobs, you won't leave the forum permanently will you?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Reactions: Kat_YYZ
#25 ·
I already asked him, he said he won't but I think he will be less and less, sad ;(

#26 ·
Thanks for the opportunity and congrats to the others! I see I'll be in very good company :)

Reactions: AdeyC
#27 ·
Good choice making Javier and Adrian mods!

I hope Martin can combine working and studying with moderating a forum as well :eek: Good luck, man!

#29 ·
Thanks Adrian! Congrats to you, erickmartins and Martin too of course. If you are going to moderate this forum like you manage your TT's, I'm not worried :)

#32 ·
:lol: Don't worry buddy.

#35 ·
Come on, you are an awesome poster and a intelligent person. You should have definately applied.

I'd like to offer my congrats to Martin and Javi,on becoming new mods:rocker2: Best of luck to both of you:)
Thanks pal. Hopefully we can maintain this forum for years, and maybe improve it!

#34 ·
Congrats new mods and congrats to those who went up the ladder;) And thanks Chris for all you have done during your time as mod. Hopefully this does not mean you are leaving completely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.