Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rafa Chat Thread - Hot & Cold - Vol. 81

249K views 4K replies 75 participants last post by  Commander Data 
#1 · (Edited)
Need to think of a good title yet. Any suggestions?

#513 ·
Re: Rafa Recovery Chat Thread - Vol. 81

:rolleyes:
Watch the Paris GP performances by Patrick Chan setting the world record, he was PERFECT, in BOTH programmes! After that already in the GP final the Japanese kid was better. They're both mighty good usually!

Hilde, I saw your Belgian guy too, finished 16th. Looked quite nice. :)

I came home yesterday just in time to catch Gulbis's match against del Potro :drool: Ernests says his goal this year is to get to the top 10 :bounce:
Oh, sarauj then! :rocker: :bounce: :bigclap:

#512 ·

and its all retard scoring system fault :( they should just have general lines about jumps and let them shine in artistry. But NO. Because everything must be regulated to the T. And then you have this crap. I hope they are happy :tape:

#524 ·

Melanie, well I'm NOT quite okay with Patrick Chan's silver but who cares about me. :lol: Did the Canadian media give him a lot of grief? He did say he was sorry right after the performance. :awww: :awww: We all know he's capable of better.

The Japanese kid would have had his time at the next Olympics but at least he's so cute. :lol: And Brian Orser in always a bonus, isn't he? :D :hearts: :inlove:

#525 ·

I saw a bit of the ice dancing yesterday evening (the free program).
I get why the Americans got the gold medal with their near flawless routine but I found the Russian couple with their Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake routine better to look at. The French couple looked beyond cute so it was sad to see them getting a point deduction.

The music once again was :zzz: One couple danced to music by Ennio Morricone :worship: but....:awww: they butchered the music. What's with ice skating and muzak?

#527 ·

All the controversy around Sochi. Granted, a lot of questions should be asked but I also think that there's a whole lot of hypocrisy involved.

I could be mistaken but I don't remember the Beijing Olympics being that controversial and it's not as if their Human Rights record is that clean. (I remember some eyebrows being raised about it but not as it is right now).
When the US organised the Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia in... *googling*...1996, homosexuality was criminalized (sodomy laws). It's now legal in the state of Georgia but it wasn't back then. I don't remember the hoopla about it then.

I mean, it's good to ask questions and some evolutions in Putin's Russia are worrying but pointing to the others and muttering in dismay how evil they are when things aren't exactly like in Paradise at your end either? The entire public outrage is a bit out of sync IMO.

#544 ·

Andreea, how're you doing? :hug:

All the controversy around Sochi. Granted, a lot of questions should be asked but I also think that there's a whole lot of hypocrisy involved.

I could be mistaken but I don't remember the Beijing Olympics being that controversial and it's not as if their Human Rights record is that clean. (I remember some eyebrows being raised about it but not as it is right now).
When the US organised the Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia in... *googling*...1996, homosexuality was criminalized (sodomy laws). It's now legal in the state of Georgia but it wasn't back then. I don't remember the hoopla about it then.

I mean, it's good to ask questions and some evolutions in Putin's Russia are worrying but pointing to the others and muttering in dismay how evil they are when things aren't exactly like in Paradise at your end either? The entire public outrage is a bit out of sync IMO.
There's hypocricy everywhere Hilde.

Russia is being so aggressive towards the Baltic countries, always pretending that we're treating the Russians so bad while they have much bigger problems in their country. They want to influence our minds, they're spending millions on all kinds of legal and illegal organizations to spread propaganda. They have the mayor of Riga in their pocket and he is such a bad mayor, he's a big populist and making debts left and right just to give something away for free. And the corruption, oh my God. I hate the Russian politics and I have every reason and right to.
Similar story with the mayor of Tallinn, modus operandi of Putin aka KGB.

In other news, the Latvian ice hockey team is in its first Olympic QF ever :woohoo: :woohoo: Sorry JM :hug: Some of my colleagues at work have daily scrum viceo conference meetings with colleagues in Switzerland and the Swiss were very smug after they beat us several days ago. They even placed several Swiss flags in the meeting room and so on. Now it's time for revenge :devil:

Our next game is against Canada so we have to enjoy this win while we can :eek:
Just wanted to say that 'Evita' beat 'JM' but I was away all last night and interpreting in court this morning.

Old Leo is really hitting the end of the road I think, can't keep any food anymore, getting skinnier and skinnier... :sad:
Did I tell you I'm gonna cry with you, I'm already crying reading this. :tears: :sobbing: But I promise to be here for you, I know it's like losing a family member. :hug: :hug: (Hilde probably thinks it's an exaggeration but she has cat allergy anyway :p ;))

I saw a bit of the ice dancing yesterday evening (the free program).
I get why the Americans got the gold medal with their near flawless routine but I found the Russian couple with their Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake routine better to look at. The French couple looked beyond cute so it was sad to see them getting a point deduction.

The music once again was :zzz: One couple danced to music by Ennio Morricone :worship: but....:awww: they butchered the music. What's with ice skating and muzak?
Good to read your thoughts on ice skating. I liked the Russians routine too, and it was such a pity that the French had to miss the medal. I guess they'll be retiring soon, I'm glad you liked their performance. Our figure skating judge said though that they looked 'a bit old-fashioned' amidst the newest trends. :tape: :eek:

#533 · (Edited)

I do think there's a good dose of old fashioned Russophobia in play here - or in some cases Sovietophobia.
I sometimes wonder if some miss the cold war when there was a clear enemy.
Reminds me of the Sting song:

Evita said:
I hate the Russian politics and I have every reason and right to.
Of course you have that right. It's not as if the criticism is all wrong, I just feel that it's a bit unbalanced and one-sided at times.

#530 ·

Russia is being so aggressive towards the Baltic countries, always pretending that we're treating the Russians so bad while they have much bigger problems in their country. They want to influence our minds, they're spending millions on all kinds of legal and illegal organizations to spread propaganda. They have the mayor of Riga in their pocket and he is such a bad mayor, he's a big populist and making debts left and right just to give something away for free. And the corruption, oh my God. I hate the Russian politics and I have every reason and right to.

#532 ·

In other news, the Latvian ice hockey team is in its first Olympic QF ever :woohoo: :woohoo: Sorry JM :hug: Some of my colleagues at work have daily scrum viceo conference meetings with colleagues in Switzerland and the Swiss were very smug after they beat us several days ago. They even placed several Swiss flags in the meeting room and so on. Now it's time for revenge :devil:

Our next game is against Canada so we have to enjoy this win while we can :eek:

#537 ·

Sharon Stone tweeted the following picture with a thanks for a fantastic cover.

:eek:

It made me google "Sharon Stone" to see if there is more than 1 famous Sharon Stone but no, it's the same person I had in mind: the 56-year old actress we all know from Basic Instinct.

I simply don't recognise her on this picture. :shrug: It's photoshopped beyond recognition. :rolleyes:

#539 · (Edited)

She's obviously still a stunning looking woman but the photoshopping there is ridiculous.

Look at another picture of Sharon Stone, taken at an award show but without endless photoshopping:

Granted, she isn't looking at her best but compare that with the picture above. It's night and day.

Google Sharon Stone and see the pictures you find of her. Why would she be happy with this photoshopping job when people can see for themselves that it's overdone. Why not show her with a bit more grace and show that despite no longer being 18 years old, she still looks gorgeous. It's not a crime to show a few wrinkles here and there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.