Mens Tennis Forums banner

WTF London '12: Djokovic def. Berdych 6-2 7-6(6)

9K views 122 replies 69 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 ·
Can't decide which choke was more amusing, this one or the corresponding one last year

:haha:

#94 ·
Re: WTF London '12: Djokovic def. Berdychoke 6-2 7-6(6)

Nole trolled Berdych :lol:
true :lol:

it's really like he's experimenting lol

I slammed the laptop at 1-5 in the breaker and was furious about the fact that Tsonga wasn't playing the semies.

When i looked back i was :lol:

Now the evening session will be all suspense

#50 ·

Berdych and Delpo are useless against Nole but beat Roger. How come? :(

#53 ·

NID :facepalm:

Another one to add to the collection of Berdych chokes against Djokovic, and I'm afraid.

Congrats to Nole though :yeah: If Ferrer gets through in the other group, he's in the final :D

#60 ·

Strong play from Djokovic in the first set and then hung tough in the second to save the set. Berdych looked quite hurt by the defeat imo, has to be painful to see that first serve come back so quick (*6-5) and suddenly you're out.

#62 ·

Berdych didn't choke this match. He maybe chocked the tiebreak, but it was obvious from the very start Nole would win this match like he won 10 of the last 11. :shrug:
Nole was toying with Berdych in the first set, he was perfect. Then he lowered his form in the second like he usually does and Tomas stepped it up. But Nole was never in danger of losing this match.

#65 ·

According to my stats D'Joke came back from 1:5 in a tie-break for the first time (he won twice from 0:4 though, which is very similar).

#66 ·

According to my stats D'Joke came back from 1:5 in a tie-break for the first time (he won twice from 0:4 though, which is very similar).
As a master of statistics, tell me how many % Novak dropped from his career best, 2008. I think...

Novak was king of TB 4 years before, some ridiculous percent in one momment...

#70 ·

nole was just practicing 'save a match point' scenario.

#76 ·

nole was just practicing 'save a match point' scenario.
it's funny but I think you are right :). really guys, lately (and this could be my conspiracy theory) Nole tends to get into all kinda impossible situations and somehow wins these bloody matches. I just can't believe it.

anyways, he was returning like a mad man today. feel bad for Berdych tho. I like him and some of you are too harsh. just a horrible match-up between these two.

#72 ·

Matchpointovic in the town again :worship:

Watched the first set, it was perfect from Godovic. Things got more complicated later I see...

I just hope Muzza goes on now and we can have another Djokovic-Murray final.

Reactions: Nole fan
#73 ·

i think Djokovic looked a little frustrated in the 2nd set when Berdych started making less UE. I had a feeling he would have tanked if it went to final set

#81 ·

i think Djokovic looked a little frustrated in the 2nd set when Berdych started making less UE. I had a feeling he would have tanked if it went to final set
Yep, it was starting to look like a mirror of Querrey match.

Btw, Tignor:

Advice for Berdych: If the score is tight, don’t go for all-out winners on your forehand. Advice for Djokovic: If it's allowed, forfeit all of the points until you're down break point, or set point, or match point, or 1-5 in a tiebreaker. Today, when Djokovic went down by that score, it really did look like he believed he had Berdych right where he wanted him. He was almost flawless from there, while Berdych panicked.
:lol:

#79 ·

expected result, maybe not that final choke but Thomas is not defeating Novak these days... Berdych lost his chances by losing to Murray.

#83 ·

You really have to wonder if/when Berdych will ever beat Nole again. It's a tough matchup for him and whenever he gets into good positions he invariably chokes - even in the one match he did win he did his best to choke. He had to take that tiebreak today from 5-1 up.

#91 ·

so Nole Rules this time won't give a lesson to those mugs who don't understand match ups and defend Birdshit because Nole making him worse than he actually is
Seriously, no matter how many times I try to defend Berdych in this case, some will still bash him for losing to Novak no matter what. Berdych haters bash him all the time anyway. This is clearly a terrible match-up for him. Any human being with a brain cell could see that.

That being said, Tomas can still compete with him if he plays very well and Nole is a bit off at the same time but that doesn't happen often in their matches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.