Mens Tennis Forums banner

China Open

7K views 356 replies 24 participants last post by  justClaudia 
#1 ·
I know I don't usually like to start thread about the upcoming tournaments because of bad luck, but I'm pretty excited about this one. I've been reading a lot of articles today and it seems it's gonna be a huge deal!
I already found a pic of David, it's from a poster they'll have:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
jazz_girl said:
I know I don't usually like to start thread about the upcoming tournaments because of bad luck, but I'm pretty excited about this one. I've been reading a lot of articles today and it seems it's gonna be a huge deal!
I already found a pic of David, it's from a poster they'll have:
I don't know what you've been reading, but my advice is that, don't trust in those too much. :p Our press (I'm Chinese) has the ability to exaggerate everything. I've talked with some ppl in tennis business and we had a big laugh.

Anyway, our goverment will still make it "a success". They will have to hold this tournament till 2008.

David is one of the "most likely to play" players here though, provided that he is healthy. :)

#7 · (Edited)
kiro said:
I don't know what you've been reading, but my advice is that, don't trust in those too much. :p Our press (I'm Chinese) has the ability to exaggerate everything. I've talked with some ppl in tennis business and we had a big laugh.
that's the Beijing press :eek: , please don't include all Chinese press in this stupid exaggeration group, especially Shanghai :eek: . i love our Heineken Open, although it's quite smaller, compared against China Open. But i love it any way, and definitely will go to watch it live. it's such a pity that i can't watch David's match :sad: but whatever, he will be sure to come here to attend 2005 TMC ;)

i am not sure how's david's performance this time, because jazz has mentioned he has a cut one the toe, which could influence his moving. More important, the Chinese time here is totally reverse to USA's. it will be hard to adapt the big jet-leg. however, this is equal to every players.

i also want him to play against youzhny again (OMG, youzhny follows David!!), he has lost twice to youzhny this year, more terrible, are the latest only two lost on hard court. if can beat a guy who has beaten you twice recently, both mind and metality will befinit a lot.

Safin will definately come, as he has propagate China open last year, also Srichaphan. just after a surgery, Coria won't come for sure.

#9 ·
oh, i understand. coz this is the first time of China Open, but attracts many good guys to come here, so no wonder many press will put some attention on it. But if say it is another GS or sth, that is go too far. Every GS has long history and glorious background, which can't be reached in only one year star players coming. Besides, tennis is still not popular in my country, not as Australia, France, Britain, or USA. i should say Beijing press and the govenment have over-estimated our tennis market. just as kiro said, they DID exaggerate sth.

but whatever, i want David win~~~~~ :woohoo::woohoo:

#10 ·
crigazzio said:
This starts the next week?!?!??!
I can´t wait to see him in the court again....really i love to see him aggainst Youznhy even when he lost i saw a good tennis in him....
I'm not sure I want to see him play Youzhny just yet :p but I agree that he did play some good tennis in that match despite everything else. I know we won't get TV coverage here in Europe, so will have to rely on live scoring while I'm at work. China afternoon and evening matches will be on during the early morning here when I'm in my office, so at least more "civilised" than the middle of the night ones at the US Open!!

#25 ·
bovenbuuf said:
yes well I want to do it aswell, but I don't think it will be on telly besides I am most of the time tehn at university or at my highschool for teaching practise..
hi, boven. good luck to your teaching practise :wavey:
me too, think will be at university most of time when the matches :mad: but............ok, i will try my best to escape, if David is in the broadcasting time, and do some report for ya sacrificing sleeping guys. ;)

#26 ·
This is the draw for the China Open - good luck David :)

1)Carlos Moya vs. (Q)
Glenn Weiner vs. Hyung-Taik Lee
(Q) vs. Noam Okun
Jean-Rene Lisnard vs. (6)Paradorn Srichaphan
(4)Rainer Schuettler vs. Paul Baccanello
Mikhail Youzhny vs. Ivo Heuberger
(Q) vs. Davide Sanguinetti
(WC)Yu Wang, Jr. vs. (8)Dominik Hrbaty

(7)Taylor Dent vs. Hicham Arazi
Jarrko Nieminen vs. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Yen-Hsun Lu vs. (WC)Ben-Qiang Hu
Kristian Pless vs. (3) DAVID NALBANDIAN
(5)Marat Safin vs. Alex Bogomolov Jnr.
(Q) vs. (WC)Hao Lu
Lars Burgsmuller vs. Kevin Kim
Justin Gimelstob vs. (2)Juan Carlos Ferrero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.