Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Well, Serving at 34% is OK if you beat Roger" 2008 Cheering Thread (Fall)!

31K views 951 replies 36 participants last post by  DartMarcus 
#1 · (Edited)
The "Well, Serving at 34% is OK if you beat Roger" 2008 Cheering Thread (Fall)!

:eek: It's that time already! Mardy opened his 2008 season with a win over Bopanna 6-2 6-4 in the Hopman Cup :D

Let's hope for a good start to the 2008 season! :banana:

And Mardy's wearing K-Swiss clothes now :eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#56 ·
Re: The "Let's Start off 2008 Well Down Under" 2008 Cheering Thread!

KELLY JONES? again?!!?!? that would be fantastic if that were true....

#57 ·

Uh huh! Luke said he would be interviewing him next set... they're in the next set... let's talk please!!

#58 ·

:eek: interesting :eek: I was in the kitchen getting dinner together with my mom (parentals are visiting :lol: ), that's why I missed Luke the first time around. Let's talk indeed! :rocker2:

#59 ·

It wasn't much, just like 30 seconds of Luke saying that Mardy's serve was not working :rolleyes: I know, I'm all anxious now. But they're not gonna leave this Jankovic match to go talk to Kelly Jones. Although it would make me very happy :p

#60 ·

Wow, mardy's serve wasn't working? that NEVER happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'd rather hear from Kelly Jones than see this too, because this match is frustrating me :mad::p

#61 ·

yay mardy won!

oh, they called his coach Craig Boynton..... :scratch:

#70 ·

yay mardy won!

oh, they called his coach Craig Boynton..... :scratch:
I completely missed this post, and them saying that last night! Yay for winning and thanks for the pics :D

#62 ·

I know, it's hard to believe.
Glad I'm not the only one! And I'm certainly glad that they switched over to let us see him win :) YAY!!

#63 ·

couple pics :)

Attachments

#64 ·

Craig Boynton is the person that was with him at Hopman Cup. I'm pretty sure he mentioned him in his speech at the trophy ceremony.

#65 ·

Yeah he did (we discussed it in here at the time). That's why the mention of Kelly Jones was confusing. Luke Jensen just must have misspoken.

#66 ·

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... I see. Well, Luke is sitting in the sun for hours at a time... ;)

#67 ·

He faces Robredo in 2nd round.
Mardy, win or you will be in the end of top 100!!!

#69 ·

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/notebook?page=notebook/tennis010813

Lady luck: Mardy Fish and his fiancée, Stacey Gardner, a model who appears on the game show "Deal or No Deal," have set a September wedding date. Fish, who beat Serbia's Boris Pashanski in four sets Monday, said his Davis Cup pals intend to host a bachelor party for him in Las Vegas, another sign of the vaunted unity on that team. Gardner isn't going to open cash-stuffed briefcases forever, though -- she holds a law degree and might go into sports law, Fish said.

Fish made his best Australian Open showing last year, when he fell to close friend Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals, and he hopes to defend those rankings points. He said he hasn't made up his mind whether he will compete in the Beijing Olympics this summer if he qualifies. A silver medalist four years ago in Athens, Fish said he is somewhat hesitant to make the lengthy trip in the middle of the U.S. hard-court season, so close to the U.S. Open.

#71 ·

Sure :p here's one more :p

Attachments

#73 ·

:rolls:

#74 ·

:D
Mardy's second on Vodafone today. Let's hope it goes better than last time they played!

#75 ·

So I'm watching on ESPN360.com, and Mardy is yelling at himself about not getting any first serves in. First step: acknowledge there's a problem.

#76 ·

Only 3 years or so too late :eek: :tape:

#77 · (Edited)

Seriously. :eek:
First set 6-1 Mardy :)

They just said that Bo is his coach. Really, an official statement on this would be great. Although they did say that Bo took over in July 2007, so maybe they just don't have updated info. :scratch:

#78 ·

That's my guess (that they don't have updated info) - Mardy himself called Craig Boynton his coach, so I'll believe mardy on this one :lol:

in other good news, this is about the best I've seen Mardy play in quite a while!
of course then he gets broken .......

#79 ·

Good plan haha

I know, he actually looks confident out there! Fired up and ready to go! :D

#81 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.