Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

261K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  MariaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it is time for this thread to make a strong comeback after suffering in the hands of a rabid Fedtard and sworn Nadal hater :)rolleyes:) for months.

as it is time for Rafito :)hearts: :kiss:) to make his strong comeback after suffering from serious injuries for so many many months :)sobbing:).

According to the information available at this point, Rafa is competing in Vina del Mar next week. His first match will be on Wednesday February 6th at 6pm local time* :bigclap:

*11pm for us Andreea and Maria (the rest of you can figure it out yourselves :p)

#1,608 ·
Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

True. The banning of Ajdeman was only the beginning...

#1,609 ·

I may possibly have the best brother in the world.

Not only has he renovated my house for free (well, I do give him gifts but he wants nothing in return because he "likes to do these things, it's his hobby")
but he does all sorts of things for me.
Tomorrow, he's going to take my car and make it look brand new again (my car is 6 years old).

And ode to my big brother. :worship:

--
Andreea, as sad as I am about Mikey's permaban, you can not blame the moderators. Mikey knew that it was coming and he went over the edge anyway. I have no idea what he said to get the final push but it's not as if this is a massive shock. The man has been banned a LOT. If you keep him on MTF because he's liked by many, it's not fair to others who got permabanned much quicker.
--> You can argue that Mikey's a friendly and much like guy on MTF. He may troll here and there and sometimes go to far with it, but the vast majority on MTF know that he's a friendly guy.
If you allow some people to troll and others not based on personal preferences, you might as well have no rules at all.

#1,611 ·

To be honest I'm shocked it took nearly a decade for Mikey to be permabanned.

#1,613 ·

To be honest I'm shocked it took nearly a decade for Mikey to be permabanned.
Show he is not really a bad guy. :shrug: And he knew his tennis with his elephant's memory helluva lot better than me with my grandma's fading memory. :eek:
I sort of agree with Hilde that rules are rules, but if even the persons themselves didn't report his posts the mods COULD have gone easier on him, I know wishful thinking. Not every crime gets punished in real life too. :shrug:

Great brother you have, Hilde! :yeah:

#1,614 ·

yeah, the rules...:zzz:

After the Saulo fiasco, I lost my trust in them and their rules completely....

the problem I have is with permabans unless is really homophobic, racist, threatening attitude.

We don't need that in a tennis forum. But the trolling should get temporary bans, 6 months max and that's it.

I'm also against banning for personal attack unless the person who was attacked reports it.

#1,616 ·

For example, in the "Happy bday, Fedal" thread it was a link to a 9 years old thread. I didn't bother to read it and I posted in it. I ended bumping it even if it was not my intention at all :eek:
Now it's closed. Why? Is not like it was disruptive or something :facepalm:
It wasn't my intention to bump it, I did it by mistake but why closing it? :help:

#1,617 ·

For example, in the "Happy bday, Fedal" thread it was a link to a 9 years old thread. I didn't bother to read it and I posted in it. I ended bumping it even if it was not my intention at all :eek:
Now it's closed. Why? Is not like it was disruptive or something :facepalm:
It wasn't my intention to bump it, I did it by mistake but why closing it? :help:
Should've deleted your post when you noticed right away. :p

#1,622 ·

Not a good day to stick my head around the door?

I'll come back.

:bolt:
Oh hi Chris, mod bashing going on again. :eek: I know the mods are not to blame, it was all Mikey's own doing, I'm just sad that's all.
I guess I'll never have enough willpower to quit MTF or tennis. :lol: But who knows, I could quit football that I thought would never be possible. :eek:

#1,639 ·

So you stepped down from moderating MTF, Chris. That's too bad but I can understand you. Lots of work and no reward.
There is definitely a reward. It's not monetary but psychological. unless of course Evita, you ascribe to Bourdieu rather than rational choice.

Ild, I have relatives visiting Brussels for a few weeks. What things (not expensive diamonds) should they plan to buy as little gifts? I've requested a souvenir from the tintin museum :dance:

P.s - exchange above mine made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

#1,636 ·

I much prefer to do my tennis talking on twitter these days - so much more control over who you read and can block those you don't want to read.

So in the end I was only coming here to do moderating and it just became a chore. Time to hand it over to others, maybe they can do a better job. I think you need to care a little bit to do that job well and I no longer do care.

#1,637 ·
I much prefer to do my tennis talking on twitter these days - so much more control over who you read and can block those you don't want to read.

So in the end I was only coming here to do moderating and it just became a chore. Time to hand it over to others, maybe they can do a better job. I think you need to care a little bit to do that job well and I no longer do care.
Your twitter posts are apways entertaining and informative. Keep up the good work there.

#1,641 ·

There's a psychological award for moderating MTF? :speakles:

#1,646 ·

Well, if you visit the Grand Place, you might as well go and see Manneken Pis because it's close, but don't expect too much of it because it's only a little statue on the corner of a street.
Besides, the real, original Manneken Pis statue isn't even in Brussels (in Geraardsbergen, I believe).

When I visited the Louvre in Paris, people said that we just had to visit the Mona Lisa and that painting was underwhelming to me too. I don't quite understand the big hoopla around that one.

#1,647 ·

Yeah, for me too :lol:

Plus, it was so crowded in front of it that I got bored and started to look around. This way I discovered The wedding of Cana and I fell inlove at 1st sight and spend the next 15 minutes staring at that huge awesomeness and I left Louvre without actually seeing Mona Lisa :eek:

#1,648 ·

When I went to the Louvre I think I only covered about 20% of it. What a great experience the Mona Lisa was standing behind 50 people with their camera phones out.

#1,649 ·

All Chinese, I bet ;) [/racist]

When I went to Paris this winter, in the last day I went to Notre Dame to buy some souvenirs. As it was very early and the Church shop didn't seem to be open I approached two tourists that seemed to wait for the shop to open too and started to talk. It was very dark and I couldn't see them properly. They said they waited for the shop to open and asked me if it was worthy to buy the souvenirs from the Church shop. I said "Of course, it is, first because all the objects must be blessed and secondly, because they are probably originals and not "made in China" where only fake stuff is made and of poor quality, etc..." and keep bashing the Chinese merchandise about 10 minutes until the shop was open.
We went to the shop windows which had a lot more light and the two tourists were Chinese, of course :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.