Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Breaking More Records in 2008" Cheering Thread (Fall indoor!)

31K views 1K replies 24 participants last post by  tsurupettan 
#1 ·
The guys start their 2008 season this coming week in Sydney, they're #1 seed but face a really strong draw. Come on guys :bounce:

#1,047 ·
It's definitely the easier group. Come on guys :awww:

#1,048 ·
#1,050 ·
:)

Attachments

#1,051 ·
Come on Bob & Mike, I can still remember the match against Horna and Cuevas at RG! Show them what you're made of, guys :yeah:

#1,053 · (Edited)
It was a really tight match. their level just went way down in the 2nd set, they also saved 2 set points at 2*-5 30-40... then they had 3 match points at 6*-5 40-15 and got broken :eek: they need to raise their level, the other 2 teams in their group are better than Cuevas/Horna, but it's a good start anyway.

#1,054 ·
I enjoyed the match. I was too excited from seeing them again to be really focussed on the match :) But I think it's good they still managed to win it in 2 sets after that bad start in the 2nd, they raised their level again. Good start, good luck for the next match boys.

#1,055 ·
Well, Bhupathi and Knowles are next, they played very well today and it will be a very tough match for the twins....

Attachments

#1,056 ·
according to the commentators for the match right now (one of which is Coetzee's coach), Bob's shoulder is not 100% and that their coach said something to the effect of they're just trying to get through the year... I really hope it's not a mistake for them to have played this fall season :awww:

#1,057 ·
I had the impression he wasn't completely okay yesterday, his serve was not the usual Bob-serve and he wasn't always there during the game. I hope it's not getting worse again :awww:

#1,059 ·
I would really hope that they'd pull out if it's getting bad. I mean, it's pointless to play. This means nothing in the scheme of things. He needs to be healthy so that he can pick up his kids one day and do stuff like that. Especially considering the season's almost over, there's no point in playing if he's not healthy. I know he'd rather play but there's no point if he's not healthy.

#1,061 ·
#1,063 ·
GREAT win for them, bhupathi/knowles looked really good in their first match. Great great great. looking good for the semis :D

#1,064 ·
:worship: Bryan/Bryan d M Fyrstenberg/Matkowski 64 64, but so much riding in tomorrows match :awww: ,it is going to seem strange if they don't finish the year at #1.

#1,065 ·
I stayed up too late watching :lol: (thought unlike you I was not up at 4:30!!! :p) It was a good match. The guys played well but made some uncharacteristic misses, but managed to break at 5-4 in each set. Really tight match. Considering their year was fairly disappointing by their standards, it's great that they even have a shot at finishing #1. They're 2-2 against Nestor and Zimonjic, who played absolutely amazing in their semi, so it's a tough one for them I fear :awww:

#1,067 ·
I am glad that they are still in the tournament, but you're right. it is going to be a tough one :awwww: (I wish I could say I was up that early doing something fun :sobbing: on call I am afraid, and then went to work:eek: where a client had chair throwing on his agenda for the day) The fires affecting you at all?

#1,068 ·
Oh dear :eek: sounds uh not fun :( on call at 4:30am on a Saturday omg :sobbing:

Nah, nowhere near me. thanks :hug: :)

#1,070 ·
Well not surprising, the twins lost in 2. they had a break in the first and gave it right back, then bob DFed at 3-4 in the tiebreak. they had other chances throughout the first and then nestor/zimonjic really raised their level in the 2nd and played great. fix your shoulder bob please :awww:

#1,071 ·
Poppin' in, but yeah, not surprising they lost. :awww: I would have honestly been a lot more shocked if the Bryans won, considering Nestor/Zimonjic have just been playing pretty fantastically the whole time there and the Bryans, not-exactly-so-much. I'm actually happy they even got as far as the finals, I thought they were gonna lose to Fyrstenberg/Matkowski in the SF (which might have happened if Matkowski's serving had been better).

It sucks with this loss they also ended up losing the YE no. 1 position (and that the GM!Doubles forum will probably have a ball with it. I don't get their hate -- is it founded on anything or is it just general asshattery?), but I'm not too sad as Nestor/Zimonjic deserved it. Though their speeches just made me :awww: when they both ended up mentioning Bob's injury and stuff. I hope Bob is able to rest up, get that shoulder taken care of, and Mike and him come back roaring in the 2009 season.

#1,074 ·
.... is it just general asshattery?....
As far as I can tell, yes. Besides not liking their chest bumps and maybe a few here and there not caring for their brand of tennis, i've never heard anything at all substantive about them. Oh, that and they're American and some people are too ignorant to be able to get past their "frat boy" exuberance to see how much they actually do for the sport (the commentators postulated that they spend more time and energy trying to help the sport than anyone on the doubles OR singles tour :worship: ) and how hard they work and how good they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.