Mens Tennis Forums banner

Irarkli Labadze

8K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  tcordier 
#1 ·
He was so completely charming in his win over Blake. He endeared himself to the crowd (what was left of it anyway.)

He sort of looked like a big thug out there because he looks like his is about 30 instead of 22 with his big heavy body and his dark five o'clock shadow. But when he won he wanted to hug everyone and he loved the crowd and showed his appreciation for them my waving and tapping over his heart to show how happy he was. His smile was radiant. It made me happy that he won.

And the kid hits his ground strokes very very hard.

#3 ·
really great result this week for irakli. i´m quite proud of him :) i can imagine how happy he was after the victory over blake. it´s always nice to see him on court. have you been there to see the match, star? or where are you from?

#5 ·
I share a bithday with him :D ;)

#7 ·
Is he nice? I haven't seen him play a match that he's won. Only when he's losing and screaming at birds and the wind. Maybe he's just eccentric :lol:
He shares a coach with Jurgen Melzer, which gives him some brownie points :) (for me)

#9 ·
Ladabdze actually has good potential if he would lose a lot of weight. I'm thinking he is about 225 and he needs to get down to about 180-190. He has good shots and he played Roddick well in the 1st round of the Australian Open before getting tired. In fact on one point, he was drawn out wide and andy roddick moved in for a volley, so he hits a weak lob and sits down on the ground instead of moving back to the middle, that how out-of-shape this guy is.

#11 ·
Is it possible to change the spelling of the thread title, star? :)

Irakli at RG in 2004 :yeah:

#13 ·
he was playing on the court next to daniele yesterday so i took a few pic sof him here ya go guys! i still think he's a funny guy i like him!

#15 ·
i want to get marats broken racquet lmao

#16 ·
Hy,

just one question: When I`ll get the opportunity to see Labadze on Tv again?I'm from Germany and i can receive here Eurosport and DSF, the two sports canals... when is his next game? I think he`s just a good player... a little bit too fat but ok... want to see him again, in action!

#17 ·
#19 ·
Just can't get enough of the studmuffin. It'd be interesting to see him play one day. I've heard him across the courts, but never watched him. Woe is me.

#21 · (Edited)
Andrezieux Challenger this week:
Daniel Kollerer (AUT) vs (q)Mathieu Montcourt (FRA)

Thierry Ascione/Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) vs Daniel Kollerer/Irakli Labadze (AUT/GEO)

My, what a well-behaved team THAT will be.

EDIT: Added a photo from sydney, a couple of years ago

Attachments

Reactions: Xavidbz
#22 ·
Irakli seems to have fallen down a bit? Having played on Challengers this year, he is not quite at his peak.

#23 ·
San Jose SAP Open 05

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.