Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mighty MM

140K views 1K replies 72 participants last post by  Tess2 
#1 ·
I would like to start a thread for a star on the rise Marinko Matosevic.

#662 ·
Hey, hey - Go the Mighty Marinko - he can win that match and then it's top 100'sville for him. Other Aussies can follow his example - never to old to play this game at the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#665 ·
Way to go Marinko. Into the Top 100 with a flourish. He downed Bemelmans in straight sets to win the Challenger Tournament in Athens.
From above 200 to under 100 in less than 5 months. :bounce:
2 Challenger Titles and an ATP final. That's the way to do it. :drool:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Three Aussie men in the top 100 now.
Let the others follow. :wavey: :bolt:

Congratulations Marinko. Well done mate.
:cool::cool::cool:

#667 ·
This is indeed a great achievement. And all the hard work over several years he finally gets his reward.

Tomic, Ebden, Matosevic top 100!
One would hope Hewitt will make it back there once he starts playing again.
Duckworth, Kubler, Mitchell- will be interesting to see which one of these three step up & crack the top 100. Signs are pointing to Duckworth at the moment.
Guccione, Ball, Jones, Groth, Millman- all have the potential but very inconsistant.

Aussie mens tennis going in the right direction anyway.

#671 · (Edited)
:confused:Great for Marinko and Oz Tennis but was there an article or mention on the Tennis Australia web-site?
Please correct me if I am wrong but I did not see one.
Dellacqua and Saville both had great wins, maybe 3 titles for Australians in one week was too much for them.... :angel:

#672 ·
Woowee - Marinko on fire in Bordeaux,
Crushed Serra 6-0 & 6-1.
Missing out on the FO WC must have motivated him.

I look forward to more of the same.

#682 ·
Yep - MMM and the rest of the Tennis Australia gang - coach Josh Eagle, Jones, Ball, etc. - all headed for Paris yesterday. Marinko did well on clay, winning those two round. Bautista-Agut has been getting some impressive results lately, and being Spanish is a clay court grinder, just blossoming in the top 100, so no doubt was the better on the day.

#687 ·
Good result Marinko.
Gicquel, an experienced Frenchie on clay will be a lot tougher but MMM is in good form.
Any thing could happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.