Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Brandwagon: starting off 2014 with a BANG; coming for wigs!

35K views 282 replies 97 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
True tea of Daniel's 2014 season.

Brandwagon does not hold that many people,

Matt01

Certinfy

Brands' FH is the greatest FH of all time.
For Serenidad
Daniel Brands
Brandwagon
Brandwagon
i agree Brands fluid and natural strokes are amazing to watch
Im on the Brandwagon
Brands in 3 years.
Future number 1.
I'm disappointed you haven't included me to the first post of your Branthread :eek:
All the best to Brands in New Haven!
I'm on your side. :D
:rocker2:
I will do my best to make and bring a BRANDWAGON banner to the semis. ;)
I'm getting my seat on the Brandwagon before its too late.
DeBakker never had a chance
go Brandy:rocker2:
Just when I thought Nadal was gonna win Bangkok...
better luck next time Rafa!

See less See more
#100 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Metz, Kuala Lumpur. Anticipation mounts.

For a moment, I thought Serenidad changed their username to "Anticipation."

Reactions: bleu_cheese
#101 ·

Who is this guy? Why aren't they intoning his name, worshipfully, in the announcer's booths? Who's scurrying out of his way in the locker room? Why isn't the tennis industry shoving him in our faces every time we turn around? Why aren't we being prepared for his coming?

Unearned hype has become one of my least favorite things in the world.

#111 ·

Who is this guy? Why aren't they intoning his name, worshipfully, in the announcer's booths? Who's scurrying out of his way in the locker room? Why isn't the tennis industry shoving him in our faces every time we turn around? Why aren't we being prepared for his coming?

Unearned hype has become one of my least favorite things in the world.
Well not everyone can get the organic appreciation like the Gooch, Hernandez, Bogdanovic, Behrend or even Vicente in former times. But those 5 earned their stripes, this one is just one propaganda minister pimping up Brands.

#107 ·

Alcaide def. Brands 6-2 7-6(5), will be the R1 scoreline. Another first round exit awaits.
Close. FYI, Brands lost 2 and 3.

#105 ·

Honestly, though, he needs to win this challenger if he truly believes he'll finish top 100. That's why he's playing it, hoping for easy points. He has 200+ points to defend the rest of the season. That Wimbledon R4 with that ridiculous draw he got may be his life saver.

#106 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Metz, Bangkok. Anticipation mounts.

Daniel plays Robredo in R1 of Metz. This is the type of match he should win, but obviously he won't do it. His top 100 spot is in jeopardy and really, I think it's doubtful he'll keep it through the remainder of the season. But because even though I don't like him and I'll be so happy when he has #101 or below next to his name, I'm trying not to be a sourpuss towards him and his fans, so good luck to him through the rest of the year.

#108 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Bangkok. WTF chances fading fast.

Doesn't look like Daniel will make WTF this year.

#122 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Bangkok. WTF chances fading fast.

Doesn't look like Daniel will make WTF this year.
WOW. That comes as a total shock:eek::rolleyes:

#110 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Bangkok. Support Daniel.

After failing once again to pass the first round in Metz, Daniel and the Brandwagon are in Thailand playing the Bangkok Open. He's playing Marchenko in R1, which means he's going to be boarding the plane to Mons, Belgium with another R1 loss.

He's got about a month to go before all those juicy points from the fall of last year fall off. Hang on to your hats boys and girls, this is going to be a rocky ride downward to the challenger tour.

#112 ·

After failing once again to pass the first round in Metz, Daniel and the Brandwagon are in Thailand playing the Bangkok Open. He's playing Marchenko in R1, which means he's going to be boarding the plane to Mons, Belgium with another R1 loss.

He's got about a month to go before all those juicy points from the fall of last year fall off. Hang on to your hats boys and girls, this is going to be a rocky ride downward to the challenger tour.
I don't get this one. Is the joke about cheering for him based on the fact he is so lousy or is he supposed to be cute? I clicked on the links and he doesn't seem very cute. :confused:

It would make more sense to bandwagon someone like Evgeny Korolev if this is based on looks.

#115 ·

I'm back on the Brandwagon, vamos Daniel.

Hard to believe this guy was potentially 2 points away from making the Wimbledon QF (Berdych wouldn't of come back from 2-1 sets down playing the way he was).
:bigclap: Yay. I thought you were just gloryhunting.

#127 ·
#124 ·

I think it's beyond clear that Brands will never make the top 50, and will always bounce between challengers and ATP events, as he is a mediocre tennis player. But that is neither here nor there. Brands' GREATNESS by simply being Daniel Fabian Brands is one that transcends pure numbers. It is not quantifiable.

#130 ·

go Brandy:rocker2:
:D

Sorry to let down the Brandwagon, but my money is on Marchenko for tomorrow. Got him in a double with Troicki for just over evens. So best of luck Daniel, just not for this week though.
You were wrong.

WTF chances back on people.

#133 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Bangkok. Getting wins to end the season strong.

If Brands beats Becker and makes the semis, I will do my best to make and bring a BRANDWAGON banner to the semis. No guarantees he'll see it (I'll be seated way up in the stands for the semis) but it's worth a shot. ;)

#136 ·
Re: Daniel Brandwagon rolls to Bangkok. Getting wins to end the season strong.

I see him play in Thailand Open.He play single and double in 1 ay and he won both.Awesome Daniel

some pics but don't clear :(

CREDIT AND THANKS TO moro_girl

Please keep winning Daniel. :bigclap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.