Mens Tennis Forums banner

In the spotlight - EnriqueIG8

5K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  JayR 
#1 ·
Javier :wavey:

I saw that you asked for a spotlight thread - here it is :p

1) How did you discover MTF and what was the reason that you decided to join?

2) When did you start watching tennis?

3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?

4) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

5) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

6) Who are your favourite top 5 active and who are your top 5 retired players?

7) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

8) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

9) List the 3 qualities you like most and the least about yourself.

10) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

11) Which are your favourite tournaments?

12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which ones would it be?

13) What do you value most in a person?

14) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

15) How would your friends describe you?

16) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

17) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

18) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?

19) What is your New Years Resolution?

20) When are you going to open a new tournament thread for Roger?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer the questions :)

Merry Christmas to you :hug:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
1) How did you discover MTF and what was the reason that you decided to join?

I can't really remember. I don't have any real time friends who are active over here. I just came across it I guess and I thought it was interesting to see other people discuss one of the 2 sports I really love.

Haven't really been active in the chat threads in the past, maybe more in the GM area but I'm planning to get to know some more fabulous persons over here.

I became a fan of Federer after his (RG match?) against Haas. I think he was 18 at the time. I started watching tennis when Federer was still number 3 in the world, Hewitt #1 and Ferrero #2 I guess.

But really intensively following all tournaments since 2005.

3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?

The best considered quality wise from both sides. I guess the Rafael Nadal - Fernando Verdasco SF at the Australian Open 2009.
Best quality wise from 1 side, Roger Federer - Andy Roddick in the 2007 SF at the Australian Open.

4) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

The match against Soderling in the Final of RG 2009. Simply because it meant so much to him and to me too. He was so nervous in his last service game and when he achieved his lifetime goal as a sportman I can't deny I got a little emotional. Not crying but felt something in my throath you know.

I like it when he plays Roddick because Roddick brings in the best of Roger.
Same way I hate it when he plays Rafa because Roger never plays a full match decently against Rafa but all credit to him for bringing the worst in Roger.

5) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

Paul Annacone is doing a great job at the moment. I definately wanna see Tim Henman coach somebody in the future. His serve&volley game was really electric although his mental abilities were not that great as well as his play from the back of the court.
But Roger already has those 2 abilities so maybe it would be nice if Henman could learn him to use his S&V some more often which Annacone already trying to do right now.

Active players =
1. Roger Federer
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Fernando Verdasco
4. Juan Martin del Potro
5. Andy Roddick

Retired players =
1. Gustavo 'Guga' Kuerten
2. Andre Agassi
3. Marat Safin
4. Gaston Gaudio
5. Mario Ancic

7) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

* Clay Death - I don't want to know what he looks like, because CD is already an epic member here and this keeps his whole mystery thing intact. But I would like to know what he wants to achieve in his life since he's such a stronghearted warrior.

* Eden - Doris, since you're such a sweetheart. You always have been nice to me and everybody. I want to know if you're happy with your life and if you search for some improvements in 2011? If yes, I hope they will come reality cause if anybody deserves it, it's you.

* Nole Fan - I want to ask Nina for a kiss. First on the cheek of course, cause I'm a gentleman and she's a total babe :kiss:

* Planet Funk - Dani, how does it feel to be MTF's most wanted, most outspoken youngster in the world. You're a nice dude though. Keep being how you are, you shake up things though.

* Stupid Dream/BonnieTheCat (if that's still her nickname) - Karen where the f*ck are you?! :lol:

8) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

Yes, I used to really hate Rafa because he spanked Roger all the time and almost kept him from his career Slam. But I started to think about it and Rafa deserves all but praise. Roger finally won his CGS and Rafa has done it too.

All but respect for the Majorcan Minotaur :worship:

9) List the 3 qualities you like most and the least about yourself.

Not to sound cocky or conceited but I'm happy the way I look. I never have to complain about interest and attention from women so that's 1 thing.

I'm honest I guess and very loyal to the people I like/love.

So 2 good things about me, now the least thing about myself.
I'm pretty impulsive as in I said I'll do something, I do it for 2 weeks and then quit. Not that I'm a quitter but I get another idea and I will chase that, you know what I mean? :lol:

10) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

Hmmm that's a hard one. I can't go without my car, phone, medical insurance or going out. I think I would give up my motor cycle.

11) Which are your favourite tournaments?

GS: Roland Garros
Masters 1000: Montreal/Canada
ATP 500: Rotterdam
ATP 250: Doha (the 1st one of the year, with the top players :))

12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which ones would it be?

Masters Rome Final 2006: Epic match where Roger held M.P's. One of the few masters he failed to win to this point but that day was his best chance to do so.

Wimbledon Final 2008: If Roger could have snatched that maybe he already had 20 slams right now and 7 consecutive Wimbledon's but we'll never know.

US Open Final 2010: I like the fact that Rafa also has won the CGS but I picked this one because I wanted Rafa to win it a little later in his career and also the fact that Nole deserves a second grand slam since it has already been 3 years since his last GS win.

13) What do you value most in a person?

In friends: Honesty, humor and loyalty.

In a girlfriend (relationship): Honesty, humor, loyalty, looks (she has to be a little bit cute), well educated (not blonde bimbo dumb like Paris Hilton) and spontanious.

14) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

Haha I think I got my first PC in 1996. The was not windows and all I could do were some really terribly graphiced games in MS Dos.

I started using internet in 1997 or 1998 I guess when Windows first came out and all I did back then was downloading music at a really low speed ( 30 minutes to download a song of 3MB :lol ) @ Napster.

15) How would your friends describe you?

Funny, a little bit crazy, Honest, trustworthy and kind.

16) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

* Nikola Tesla - Boosted our lifestyle in a huge manner. Very underated inventor
* Michael Jackson - Just a boy trapped in a man's body. Very kind person and I respect him in a big way. Forget Martin Luther King and stuff this guy together with Nelson Mandela made it possible for all the coloured people to get recognizion and possibilites in this world.
* My dad - Just one more dinner for me with him would be great. I miss him a lot for the past 6 years :(

17) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

My phone, currently a Blackberry. Can't go without it.

18) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?

Be kind to everybody and have respect for the people. I never ignore people I don't know doesn't matter if they are ugly, gorgeous, thick, thin, short, tall. I try to be as kind to everybody as possible.

19) What is your New Years Resolution?

To finish my study, I'm in my last year and begin with my Masters.
I'm not fat, I don't smoke, I go to the gym, I'm not an alcoholic so I don't need any improvements in that area.

20) When are you going to open a new tournament thread for Roger?

Haha the last 2 times weren't a success right? :p
But I did contribute to the epic 2009 RG thread and the Australian Open was also a success so I don't know.

You tell me ! Maybe the Australian Open 2011 is a new fresh start and he will rise to new heights.

#7 ·

I became a fan of Federer after his (RG match?) against Haas. I think he was 18 at the time. I started watching tennis when Federer was still number 3 in the world, Hewitt #1 and Ferrero #2 I guess.

But really intensively following all tournaments since 2005.
You probably mean their encounter in the SF at the Olympic Games 2000 where Tommy won in 2 sets. Roger was 18 at that time.

The match against Soderling in the Final of RG 2009. Simply because it meant so much to him and to me too. He was so nervous in his last service game and when he achieved his lifetime goal as a sportman I can't deny I got a little emotional. Not crying but felt something in my throath you know.
I understand what you mean :awww: I have to say I cried after that match as I was so happy for him that he finally got this trophy :)

I like it when he plays Roddick because Roddick brings in the best of Roger.
And Andy is still probably one of Roger's biggest fans :worship:

Active players =
1. Roger Federer
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero
3. Fernando Verdasco
4. Juan Martin del Potro
5. Andy Roddick

Retired players =
1. Gustavo 'Guga' Kuerten
2. Andre Agassi
3. Marat Safin
4. Gaston Gaudio
5. Mario Ancic
We have the #1 in active and retired players in common :rocker2:

* Eden - Doris, since you're such a sweetheart. You always have been nice to me and everybody. I want to know if you're happy with your life and if you search for some improvements in 2011? If yes, I hope they will come reality cause if anybody deserves it, it's you.
I can't really ask for anything more personally. I love my job and am able to do what I like to do in my free time. The only wish I have is health for myself and the people who are important to me :)

Thanks for your kind words :awww: :hug:

* Stupid Dream/BonnieTheCat (if that's still her nickname) - Karen where the f*ck are you?! :lol:
Karin was in Zürich with me this week at the Roger-Rafa exho ;)

You can find her on her livejournal:

http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/

#3 ·
Okay finished with the whole thing now.

Thanks for the questions Doris, it took me some time but it was really fun to answer them.

Hope you guys enjoy reading it. :)

New questions are welcome!

#4 ·
* Nole Fan - I want to ask Nina for a kiss. First on the cheek of course, cause I'm a gentleman and she's a total babe
Even if it's just a virtual one, you got it. Wish all guys were more like you Javier! :kiss:

Ok my questions for you sweetie...

1) Why the name EnriqueIG8? :lol:

2) How old are you?

3) Why did you move to The Netherlands?

4) Which is your best memory from Spain?

5) Do you have a current girlfriend? :aplot:

6) What are your favorite bands?

7) Your favorite movies?

8) Do you think Nadal will achieve as much as Roger? :devil:

9) Who's the best tennis player of all time? (not just your favorite but the one you consider the best ever)

10) Which player do you like the least and why?

11) What are your professional plans in life?

12) What is the most stupid/risky thing you have ever done?

13) Do you regret anything?

14) Now tell us the most embarrassing anecdote from your childhood. :p

#10 ·
Even if it's just a virtual one, you got it. Wish all guys were more like you Javier! :kiss:

Ok my questions for you sweetie...
Aw you are so cute :kiss: I'd love a kiss. Gotta love this girl :hug:

Ok I'll start.

1) Why the name EnriqueIG8? :lol:

Enrique is my middle name. I is for Isabel, my mother's name. G is for Guillermo my dad's name and the 8 is for August the 8th month of the year, in which I was born :). Sorry if it sounds a bit corny but that's what it stands for and I'm no fan of constantly changing nicknames.

By the way my full name is hold on; Javier Enrique Valentin de la Cuesta y Sarragoiti

2) How old are you?

23. Date of Birth ; 21 august 1987

3) Why did you move to The Netherlands?

As you know South of Spain isn't really a wealthy region in Europe, so the main reason was get a better life looking at the financial view.

4) Which is your best memory from Spain?

My family, the sea, the perfect weather and kindness.

5) Do you have a current girlfriend? :aplot:

No I don't. I've been with my last girlfriend for 3 years and that relationship ended in February 2010. I'm on the market since then and I had my share of fun but little by little I'm looking/or am open for a new relationship at the moment. Especially since the Christmas does give you the feeling you want to share it with somebody. I am pretty picky though :tape:

6) What are your favorite bands?

Bands? Hmm I guess U2, Oasis, Bon Jovi and Boyce Avenue. But overall I like a lot of different music.
I like pop, reggaeton, latin, pop, slowjams, ballads, r&b, hiphop and dancehall the most.

7) Your favorite movies?

The best movie of this year was without a question Inception. I love to watch thrillers, comedies, action movies but also drama's or romantic movie's. I dislike Horror/Slasher movies.

My top 3 in no particulair order probably is;
John Q ( With Denzel Washington, about his son who won't get a heart transplant because of the fckd up American health insurance system )
Jerry Maguire ( With Tom Cruise, he's a sporting agent who's really ambitious but he will get fired and start his own company and in the end he succeeds )
The Green Mile ( With Tom Hanks, John Coffey do I need to say more? Amazing movie which delivers me a sore throath )

8) Do you think Nadal will achieve as much as Roger? :devil:

Well secretly I hope not because I support Roger that much more. I hope Rafa does win some more slams and that he and Roger will go down the books as the greatest ever but Roger a little bit more :p

9) Who's the best tennis player of all time? (not just your favorite but the one you consider the best ever)

Roger of course, statistics speak for itself. I also think if maybe Borg have played the game a little longer he could have been the one with the best statistics. I don't consider Sampras as the GOAT, though.

10) Which player do you like the least and why?

Not one in particulair but grinders, pushers basically players who live by opponent's faults.

11) What are your professional plans in life?

To open my own restaurant, to migrate again ( probably USA, and if it's possible New York City ) and finally settle down and have a wonderfull family.

12) What is the most stupid/risky thing you have ever done?

Trying to be romantic with an ex girlfriend of me who didn't like to be treated romantic. I booked a romantic weekend in Paris, but all she did was complain and she wanted to go home. Zero appreciation, that hurt a bit since I put alot of effort in it.

13) Do you regret anything?

You learn from your mistakes. I haven't make that crucial mistakes which influenced my life in a really negative way so no.

14) Now tell us the most embarrassing anecdote from your childhood. :p

Uhm not from my childhood, but one in my teenage years and it's a bit sexual.

My mom came in my room when I was making love to a girl, that was pretty awkwardand embarrissing :tape:

Thanks for the questions again. I enjoyed answering them and I hope you will enjoy reading them :)

#11 ·
Mikey :wavey:
Thanks for remembering my friend. I know right? We cheered him to his first Coupe des Mousqetaires in 2009 in my thread!

I repeated that feat during the Australian Open 2010, so maybe Wimbledon 2011 will be 3rd time lucky.

I'll do my best, but first I hope he wins AO 11! :rocker2:

#13 ·
Mike, my student and hitting partner and friend of course .

I'm ready when you are. Take your time bro.

#20 ·
No problem mate. Ask what you want too in here.

#21 ·
Haha a lot since I'm not a good singer. Maybe it's a good idea for next year's campaign :p
Really creative question though. theMEESH remix would def be a potential billboard hot 100 top 10 hit.

#15 ·
1) Why the name EnriqueIG8?

Enrique is my middle name. I is for Isabel, my mother's name. G is for Guillermo my dad's name and the 8 is for August the 8th month of the year, in which I was born . Sorry if it sounds a bit corny but that's what it stands for and I'm no fan of constantly changing nicknames.

By the way my full name is hold on; Javier Enrique Valentin de la Cuesta y Sarragoiti

I asked you that because I thought Enrique IG meant Enrique Iglesias. :haha:
I wanted to know if you had a strange crush on him or something. :p

Thanks for the answers, I think I know you a little bit better now. :kiss:

#17 ·
1. If you were a flower, what would it be?

2. Do you think spanking children should be allowed?

3. Are you a religious person? Why/ Why not?

4. Cats or dogs?

5. 5 MTF posters you'd take to a desert island

6. Favourite subject at school / less favourite

7. What are your perfect sleeping hours?

8. Views on politics?

9. Which movie/ novel hero do you resemble?

10. What does make you laugh the most?

#18 ·
You probably mean their encounter in the SF at the Olympic Games 2000 where Tommy won in 2 sets. Roger was 18 at that time.
I probably meant their encounter at Australian Open 2002 :p It was when Tommy won 8-6 in the fifth, and I guess Roger weared the outfit in my avatar right? That was the one :)

I understand what you mean :awww: I have to say I cried after that match as I was so happy for him that he finally got this trophy :)
Well no tears here, but almost. I was so happy. And when the Cantique Suisse (Swiss Anthem) came and you saw him and his tears it was enchanting to me. Forever in my heart that moment.

And Andy is still probably one of Roger's biggest fans :worship:
Yes that's what I like about Andy too. He once said. " I'd love to hate him, but he's such a damn nice guy " :lol:

We have the #1 in active and retired players in common :rocker2:
See, we're not that different after all. How great was the moment when Guga draw the heart in the RG clay. And his goodbye match against PHM.
:worship:

I can't really ask for anything more personally. I love my job and am able to do what I like to do in my free time. The only wish I have is health for myself and the people who are important to me :)
I'd wish that to for you aswell as my own environment. We'll be good in the next year, Doris :hug:

Thanks for your kind words :awww: :hug:
Don't worry about it. Always kind words and praise for you.

Karin was in Zürich with me this week at the Roger-Rafa exho ;)

You can find her on her livejournal:

http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/
I'll go and read her livejournal when I have the time on my hands.
She's such a nice person too. Say Hi to her from me when you see her next time IRL.

#26 ·
#19 ·
]Why do you like Roland Garros the most of the Grand Slam tournaments?

Have you ever been to Rotterdam? I was at the tournament earlier this year with Karin because we wanted to see Rafa but unfortunately he didn't play.
I don't know, probably because of the big clay battles. The most pleasant time of the year too. And Wimbledon is too traditional for me.
Australian Open is great too but a difficult time schedule for us in Europe, and US Open is too 'American' in my opinion.

Yes actually I have been to Rotterdam this year on Friday Night session. Watched Youzhny battle Monfils for 3 hrs, that was the only match I saw because Flo Mayer withdrew against Nole :( I Know and he won't come this year too. Well we have to do with Nole and Muzza which isn't bad also.

I think he and us fans will never forget this match :awww: Who knows what a victory in a best of 5 match against Rafa would have meant for his selfconfidence for other matches against him?
Yes I know. He could have defeated him in that one. Maybe another 1 or 2 RG's on his palmares wouldn't be that bad. Or his crushing loss at Wimby wouldn't have happened. Well we never know :(

This loss will always hurt :sad:
:( :hug:

I didn't knew that you are a fan of him. When did you discover his music?

It must have been tough for you when he died. How did you found out about it?
Well I'm not his biggest fan but I admire him so much. I've watch the childhood movie and his interview with that English Pakistani. That was so difficult to watch, watching Michael cry during the interview. The guy has experienced so much, more bad things than good things but I hope he kinda enjoyed his life when he was doing what he loved most, performing on stage for his fans.

I think I discovered his music in the last year of elementary school when I was 11.

I told my mom immediately. I didn't cry or anything but I was pretty shocked. Of course he was in poor health but I didn't expect him to pass away so soon. And I found out because somebody popped up an MSN Name : The King of Pop is Dead. RIP :(

:hug:

There's probably a lot which you would like to tell your dad if you would have the chance, right? :)
Yes, a lot to talk about. He didn't see me graduate, get my drivers license and much more. So much has happened in these last 6 years.
We probably wouldn't have eaten a lot during that dinner.

Good luck for it :yeah:

What are you studying? You might have already told it in the Federer forum but I don't remember it now :p
Thank you Doris :hug:

I'm studying Management & Tourism, so I'm gonna get my management certificate to open my own store/restaurant anything else too.

Which losses can we blame on you? :armed:

I don't know at the moment which threads you have opened which didn't turned out the way we wanted :scratch:
I think I've opened up the Paris Masters thread in 2009 in which he lost immediately to Benneteau :tape:

I suppose my threads only work for the big work aka GS's :p

Maybe we should make a contest about who should start the AO thread :p

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions Javier :hug:
Haha maybe we should. We'll throw that in the Fed forum on the 2nd of January, deal? :p

Of course the pleasure was all mine. Thanks for asking me these questions and taking the effort to read my answers as well!

#22 ·
Right... I hope I didn't ask any questions that have already been asked. And sorry, Enrique...but some questions could be embarrassing to you, lol. (knowing me...that was to be expected, really...)

Here it goes:

1) Do you sing in the shower?

2) Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a child?

3) Do you have any phobias?

4) Name one piece of clothing you can't live without

5) Do you have tattoos or piercings? If yes, how many and where are they (pics are a plus)?

6) What is/was your least favorite subject in school?

7) What is your biggest pet peeve?

8) Are you supersticious?

9) What's the best advice you've ever received?

10) Other than Ricky Martin what music do you listen to the most? (couldn't resist, sorry lol)

11) If you had so much money that you wouldn't know what to do with, what would you do with it?

12) What's the rule you're proudest of breaking?

13) What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

14) What is your favorite time of the day?

15) Do you know how many pieces of clothing you own?

16) On a scale of 6-to-47 how organized are you?

17) How accurate is your first impression of others? What is your first impression of me?

18) What would you do if you found a wallet and there was no ID in it?

19) If you were a colorful shape, what would it be; an orange triangle or a baby blue sphere or what?

20) Do you have any nicknames?

21) Do you usually dream? If so, are there any recurring dreams you have?

22) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?

23) Do you have a crazy ex-story?

24) What does your signature look like? (and yes, I realise I'm close to identity theft... lol)

26) What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?

27) Does it matter who earns the most money in a relationship?

28) What's the best compliment you've ever received?

29) What's the biggest personal change you've made?

30) Tell us something about yourself that you have never told to anyone else (embarrassing is a plus).

31) Did you notice there wasn't a number 25 question?

32) Do you hate me now I asked you these questions?

#25 ·
Thanks for the questions Nat, hope you will enjoy reading the answers.

1. If you were a flower, what would it be?

Hyacinth(us) probably. Don't know why but it smells really good, just like me :p

2. Do you think spanking children should be allowed?

Haha spanking in a discipline way, yes. Spanking in a sexual way, a big no-no.

3. Are you a religious person? Why/ Why not?

I don't see myself as an atheist. I consider myself Catholic but not an extreme one. I believe there is something more in the world but the whole hell thing, doing everything by the bible that's what I don't believe.

4. Cats or dogs?

I don't like cats at all. Dogs over cats anytime, anyday, anywhere.

Say Hi to my dog, Kyra.

How can you not love that.

5. 5 MTF posters you'd take to a desert island

Since I'm a guy and I probably have my needs on that Island I have to go with 5 women.

1^ Nole Fan
2^ Nathaliia
3^ Tulipe
4^ Gretchen.

5^ Clay Death, to have some conversations with and battle with from time to time to keep myself sharp and strong.

6. Favourite subject at school / less favourite

Like; Geography. I like everything about other cultures, countries and the information about our planet.

Dislike; Math. I'm not bad it I just don't like working with numbers all day.

7. What are your perfect sleeping hours?

Probably from 3AM till 11AM. I'm not a morning person, don't have a big morning mood but I like to be awake till late and sleep till late ;).

8. Views on politics?

I don't vote everytime I get the chance but I would say my view on politics is social liberal.

9. Which movie/ novel hero do you resemble?

Superman. I can do anything, rescue you, look amazing in spandex :lol: and like Superman I have 1 weakness, not kryptonite but women :tape:

What does make you laugh the most?

Normally plain jokes wouldn't cut the mustard with me. I prefer stories from friends of me, or other people. You know stories that happened to them in real time.

#29 ·
yeah he wore that t-shirt and the yellow all of that 2003 season, not just at AO

i was a fan of Fed back then yes, but i was more for Henman at that time. both them lost horribly in R16 at that 2002 AO... Fed as you know to Haas (had mp's typically) and Henman blasted out by Bjorkman

#31 ·
I moved from the general spotlight thread in here ;)

I will be celebrating it with my mom since I only have her. And I will be in the Netherlands :)
Then I wish you and your mom a great NYE and all the best for 2011 :hug:

Anything on the menu for NYE for you?
It's the birthday of my father so we will celebrate together but at the moment I don't know if I will be fit for it because I got a cold :awww: My boss send me home from work and tomorrow I won't go either. Will have a look how I feel on Thursday.

#35 ·
I moved from the general spotlight thread in here ;)

Then I wish you and your mom a great NYE and all the best for 2011 :hug:

It's the birthday of my father so we will celebrate together but at the moment I don't know if I will be fit for it because I got a cold :awww: My boss send me home from work and tomorrow I won't go either. Will have a look how I feel on Thursday.
Hi Doris :wavey:

Hope you enjoyed your father's birthday and NYE in general.

Did 2011 start well for you with Roger's win? :p

Thanks for answering! (I know, I asked way too many questions, lol)

What will the tattoo on your wrist say btw?
Hey Glenn :wavey:

How was your NYE? Did you enjoy it..happy newyear btw bro!

I want to have a spanish flag wrapped around a cross with the date of birth and date of death of my father with R.I.P. above it.

#32 ·
Okay Glenn, thanks again for the questions. I'm gonna do this in 2 times.
16 questions each time.

Here it goes:

1) Do you sing in the shower?
Yes, sometimes and not only in the shower. I also sing along with songs in the house as well :)

2) Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a child?
No, I didn't. I've always had enough friends to pick one out from, so no need for an imaginary one.

3) Do you have any phobias?
Well lately I've been a little bit frightened to lose my mother. Since my dad already passed away 6 years ago, is my mom the only one left.
And since she already has high blood pressure, that's my worst phobia... losing her.

4) Name one piece of clothing you can't live without
One particulair piece? Or a piece I have?

I can't live without boxers I guess. I don't like to wear my pants without boxers or any other underwear so that must be it.

My favourite piece of clothing is probably a D&G hoodie which I already have for 5 years or something. The thing never gets old and is pretty comfy.

5) Do you have tattoos or piercings? If yes, how many and where are they (pics are a plus)?
I have my ears pierced but I don't wear earrings or stuff. I had a period in which I had 2 'diamond' knobs in it but that's it.

No tattoos yet, but I'm planning in getting one on my wrist.

6) What is/was your least favorite subject in school?
Already answered this before. Math is the least favorite, not because I suck in Math but because I don't like to work with numbers for an entire hour or longer.

7) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hmmm hard one, I guess a non-trustworthy personality/backstabber.

8) Are you supersticious?
Not really, I'm not really a control freak and I don't have any routines I daily do.

9) What's the best advice you've ever received?
Be yourself, respect everybody and be kind to people.

10) Other than Ricky Martin what music do you listen to the most? (couldn't resist, sorry lol)
Ricky Martin? Haha I only like some of his songs but I'm not a big fan of him.

I like alot of music from pop, ballads, slow jams, alternative rock, hiphop/r&b, reggaeton,dancehall to latin, tango, bachata, merengue, rumba or salsa.

Some of my favourite bands/singers are; U2, Enrique Iglesias, Robbie Williams, Usher, Ne Yo, Eminem, Wisin y Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Eros Ramazzotti and R Kelly.

The music I absolutely don't like is hard rock, heavy metal and gothic.

11) If you had so much money that you wouldn't know what to do with, what would you do with it?
Buy a big house or maybe houses. Buy some nice car, the biggest TV there is. Make a journey around the world.

Give money away to friends and relatives. Party everyday :lol:

12) What's the rule you're proudest of breaking?
I break rules everyday, because I'm semi Bad boy..haha no I can't really name one in particulair.

13) What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
When I came home from clubbing once, I was hungry and I put on the furnace to make some chicken.

But I was so drunk that I only put on the gas, and I wanted to wait on the couch but since I was drunk and sleepy I fell asleep till the next morning when I woke up and my whole apparment was grey because of the gas. If somebody lighted a fire or I slept for several more hours it would have ended really badly.

14) What is your favorite time of the day?
I'm a night person, so everything after 20.00 or 8PM is fine with me.

15) Do you know how many pieces of clothing you own?
No, I never counted but I have many :p

16) On a scale of 6-to-47 how organized are you?
Well I guess I'm a little bit more organized than the average person.

I would say 32..

Reactions: Eden
#34 ·
Okay Part 2 ;p

17) How accurate is your first impression of others? What is your first impression of me?
Uhm I would say pretty accurate, although this is not fair because you know my first impression of you was wrong :p

With the pm's and stuff I had the impression you were a really nice guy, and so it turned out to be.

18) What would you do if you found a wallet and there was no ID in it?
With a lot of money? Keep it... If the wallet contained something (a credit card/bank card) with identifications I would probably return it

19) If you were a colorful shape, what would it be; an orange triangle or a baby blue sphere or what?
A red triangle. Red is my favourite color and the triangle is the shape I like the most :)

20) Do you have any nicknames?
Uhm as a username I always use EnriqueIG8, and I don't really have a 'nickname' people who know me just call me Jav or Javi.

21) Do you usually dream? If so, are there any recurring dreams you have?
I believe everybody dreams every night, it's just that you can't remember all your dreams.

I do have recurring dreams which I can remember and they oftenly included with hot girls and a lot of oil or lotion.
So you do the math :lol:

22) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?
I don't wanna change anything about myself. I'm perfectly happy the way I am.

23) Do you have a crazy ex-story?
Nah, not really. I don't have the hots for psychos :lol: But a one night stand kept stalking me in the past. Calling me 20 times a day, texting me, thinking we were in a relationship. Dropping by my house...very annoying.

24) What does your signature look like? (and yes, I realise I'm close to identity theft... lol)
It's Javier with a capital J, E.V capital, de la Cuesta with some krisskrosses through the name. :p
I know it's unclear, but it's pretty hard to describe a signature haha.

26) What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
I can't really name one, or come up with one right now. I'll post it here later, or pm you.

27) Does it matter who earns the most money in a relationship?
Not much to me, but I think it's pretty normal that the man provides the woman as much as they want in financial terms and also on other stuff.

But if a woman wants to make career it's okay with me too. But I'm not gonna be a desperate househusband :lol:

28) What's the best compliment you've ever received?
That I'm a wonderfull guy, and it was an honour to have met me.

29) What's the biggest personal change you've made?
I think moving from Spain to the Netherlands was a pretty big change.

30) Tell us something about yourself that you have never told to anyone else (embarrassing is a plus).
On a summer vacation together with 3 friends we only had 1 room. I slept on a stretcher because there was only 1 bed in the room.

One night I took home a girl which I picked up in the club and we had sex in the bed where my friend slept ( he wasn't home at the time :lol ) and we never changed the sheets :haha:

31) Did you notice there wasn't a number 25 question?
Yes, because this question was one of the first I've read so I noticed it while I'm answering this ;)

32) Do you hate me now I asked you these questions?
Of course not. You're my buddy. I enjoyed answering these questions a lot.
If you have more in the future, feel free to ask them!

Maybe we should start a ITS thread for you too bro.

Reactions: GlennMirnyi
#37 ·
Of the 3 countries I visited the Estonian women were the best looking.

Russian women are good looking too but 70% is really not good looking.
Finnish women are attractive too but they are calm, shy and introvert so I'm not digging that either.

I need to teach the Estonian women some basics though. Especially in movement and rhythm ;)

#38 ·
haha

so in future which countries women are gonna be lucky to have you visit..

take me along and give me some of your left overs you animal ;)

#41 ·
this post is 1 1/2 year old and we still haven't gone taco hunting

what's up with that old jefe?

#40 ·
Thank you, sweet sweet Doris :)

:hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.