Mens Tennis Forums banner

Gasquet finally to make GS QF again at AO-13

4K views 46 replies 32 participants last post by  leng jai 
#1 ·
With this kind of draw.. Man, I will be hugely disappointed if he loses this chance. Old Montanes, not so great Falla, then apparently grandpa Haas who will find it hard to take 3 sets against Richie with many long rallies all the way and finally Tsonga I guess who isn`t even completely fit it seems.

He won`t get draw better than this to do it again. That 4th round streak :hysteric: But I feel the curse will be broken. :yeah:

Thoughts?

#4 ·
If Tsonga is fit and reaches round 4, no way this happens. If not, this could actually be a great chance, with Haas not able to last through 5 setters in his old age and a generally mug draw.

#18 ·
How do you choke when you lose 62 62 63?

#10 ·
Montanes, Falla, Haas should be easy for Richie. I'm not so sure that Tsonga is unfit. It seems that he has been hitting the practice courts really hard. Still, good chance to reach the QF.

Maybe I am wishing for too much, but a Gasquet-Llodra R4 would be great :drool:

#11 ·
Falla can randomly play well and he can easily lose to Haas. Unless Tsonga is severely impaired by injury he'll most likely destroy him in the 4th round. The 4th round streak will live on.

#12 ·
I was about to laugh at OP, but then I took a closer look at what's the competition for that place. as unbelievable as it sounds he does have a very good chance to do it.

then, of course, he will be a precious bye for fed in important part of week 2.

#15 ·
If Tsonga is in good from, Gasquet has no chances. We talk about a man who played 8 Grand Slam QF, 4 Grand Slam SF, 1 Grand Slam Final, 1 WTF Final, who won Masters 1000 title, who beat Federer, Djokovic, Nadal AND Murray in Grand Slams. What about Gasquet ?

There is no debate...

#16 ·
He can definitely make it, but his R4 streak is there for something, and I think that Tsonga should easily beat him if he plays his best. I think that even Haas in a great day can make things really tough for Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#23 ·
He can't afford to keep sleeping through the first set. 8 games into the match, he had 0 BH winners and 8 or 9 BH UEs. Unacceptable. His second set level(didn't see the third, so can't comment on it) should be enough to get him through Falla and Jarkko. Tsonga would be tough, but I think he can do it. :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.