Mens Tennis Forums banner

Was nadal hardcourt season a fluke???

5K views 114 replies 46 participants last post by  TennisSavior 
#1 ·
I ask this question because of the way nadal perform at the end of the season and the fact that novak was below par on hardcourts this season fed had his worse season in a decade and he didn't play murray ??

#64 ·
Everyone else was just pathetic for the most part and he took advantage of it. It wasn't as if he was playing unbelievable tennis and was just unplayable so there's no way he can take all the credit for his results - a lot of gifts went his way. But I don't think "fluke" is a right word for what happened.

#65 ·
Sure. It was a fluke. Just like Nole's 2011 clay season was a fluke. :shrug:

Rafa never has back-to-back identical years. I don't expect that to suddenly change in 2014. The only thing I might be relatively certain about him defending are his clay titles and he'll make finals of HC tournaments, winning one or even two. I don't think he'll suddenly become a HC god. I hate it when people use the "but he had easy draws" excuse. You're only downgrading your fave because he couldn't make it past that "easy draw" that made the final and lost to Rafa. Contrary to popular belief, Rafa wasn't exactly playing all that great either this year. He was simply more consistent than his rivals; beating players he SHOULD beat and not losing to "mugs." Plus, don't act like Rafa hasn't been making the latter stages of HC tournaments in recent years. He lost a grand total of once before a semi this year and it wasn't on HC.

And honestly, Nole fans should be the last people to talk about a "fluke" season and act like sweeping two months of the season is a special accomplishment not achieved anywhere else in the year. That's something Rafa has done during the clay season. What makes Claydal different from LastTwoMonthsovic? "Oh but Nole has won AO 3 times in a row so 2011 was clearly not a fluke." So what? Rafa has won RG 4 times in a row twice. And Nole's won majors outside of AO since 2011? Right now he's in the same boat Rafa was in after 2010; making finals but coming up short.

And since when has Muzz ever been someone Rafa should fear? Muzz beats him once every blue moon.

I don't think he'll repeat the titles (his best chance is probably IW), but he won't be losing in the first round either. Just like Nole's 2011, 2013 was the exception and not the norm.

#68 ·
nice essay..BUT how does novak whole season compare to nadal hardcourt season to different things... AND nadal do benefits from easy draw everybody knows that except you......pls murray has been a different player since 2012 and while we don't know if he would have beaten nadal he sure would be a more challenge than those mugs nadal beat

#66 · (Edited)
It's obvious that "Team Nadal" were determined to put up big results on hard courts in '13, and that this "schedule managing" talk was smoke screening. There will be a time when Nadal might be only able to play clay tournaments, and skip everything else, but that wasn't the case in 2013. I expect him to be determined to win a second Australian Open title in 2014 as was his aim to get a second US Open in 2013. It will be interesting to see if Djokovic wins a 4th straight in Melbourne.

#71 ·
im not pressed by nadal season nor his Hc season...just wanted to know people's opinion on wether its a fluke or not and novak 2011 season and nadal HARDCOURT SEASON totally to different things

#75 ·
Yes. He just took advantage of a weak field and the other top players playing badly. Had Nole been at his 2011 level, you could bet your ass that Nadal wouldn't have won anything.

#76 ·
Fluke?
When someone is much better than the rest of the field it's not a fluke.

#81 ·
banhappy tribaldelusion would ban half a forum so him, shepherd and GSMNadal could finally see a poll won by Nadal :superlol:

#79 ·
you nadal fans never seem to amaze me...always with the same trolling everyone is against nadal thing when you read a post you don't like when its a legit question considering its something he has never done before and etc etc

#83 ·
A decade of flukes is quite flukey I have to say. I doubt we'll ever witness that level of fluke ever again.

#99 ·
tribalfusion doing the "holier-than-though" gimmick as usual :eek: Interesting it never comes up in Nadulltard troll threads which are all over the forum. But that bit of hypocrisy has already been pointed out. Nadulltards copy their idol, this is the MTF equivelent of false humility and Tony's passive aggressiveness.

#105 ·
Nadal troll threads are not all over the forum unless you mean the ones like this one or those started by your pal Jo Willy among many others.

Nadal is the most hated player here by a good margin and there are polls every year to demonstrate this but really any non-troll can see it clearly. It's just how it is for what I think are obvious reasons.

However as a bonus, why don't you find me all the times I have called your idol Federer a silly name like Frauderer like you guys do routinely with Nadal or show me where I suggest that Federer or any other player just gets lucky?

We both know you won't because you can't. You're a troll.

#101 ·
Nadulltards talking about other fans making excuses for losses, while laughing at other fans hypocracy :lol: Nadulltards will truly top any other tard fanbase in stupidity :tape:

#107 ·
Ah here's the latest convert to pure trolling who thinks he's somehow humorous with his puerile blathering. I knew you wouldn't be far from the mix Alex.

If by "confused when it comes to tennis" you mean that I don't think that Nadal is a "hack" and that somehow, for some strange reason Djokovic just happens to "choke" against him regularly in slams etc then yes, I am confused but not with tennis but rather with your incoherent posts.

#111 ·
LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Once again this guy makes a thread with a stupid title to wind the entire population of Nadal's fans up and they buy into it and the boy gets his attention. Mummy has been doing an awful job NoleToWin. You need love and attention.

#114 ·
let me ask you whats so stupid about the thread???? because you don't like it......its a legit question

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.